inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Keepin' Halloween Alive" (for October 27th publishing date)

Written By: Matthias on 10/19/17 at 9:16 am

Greetings Parody Authors, welcome to the One Week Notice Challenge. (or OWN--not the Oprah Winfrey Network!  :o)

The purpose of the challenge is that one song is posted in the One Week Notice thread on Friday, and you are to create a parody of it by next Friday's publishing date (barring acts of God/Chucky G). This challenge is not a contest judging for quality. No points are awarded, constructive criticism is encouraged but there is no requirement to read each parody and/or leave comments. This is done in the spirit of flexing our parody writing "muscles" and to grow a spirit of camaraderie within the Amiright community.

The song chosen ideally should be one that has NOT been already parodied on Amiright, and should also be of reasonable difficulty and length. The host of the parody must provide a link to the OS (original song) lyrics and a link to a YouTube performance video--even better, posting the lyrics in the dedicated thread. Please also include the year the song was first released to allow for the submission form.

The next One Week Notice song for publish date of 10/27/17 is.....

"Keepin Halloween Alive" (2009)
Artist -- Alice Cooper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivlxhx18h10

I'll keep my Jack-O-Lantern light on for everyone tonight

Well I'm coming for you this Halloween
It's my favorite time of year, and I'm stealing the scene
I terrify the kiddies when I'm walking down the street
I got snakes in my hair, I got spiders on my feet

I keep it going, I keep it going
I'm keeping Halloween alive, honey 3-6-5
When the sun goes down I'll be creeping through your town

Trick or trick or treat, gimme something to eat
She put razors in my apples, and they tasted so sweet
I won't wear a mask when I answer the door
I ain't got no reflection, or a shadow no more

I keep it goin, I keep it going
When the sun goes down, I'll be creeping through your town

You can run, you can hide, but you invited me inside
Now I'm here and it's clear, I'll be feeding on your fear
You'll be you squirming on the floor, that what Halloween is for
I just cant stop, I'll never stop...no...no...
I just cant stop, I'll never stop...I WANT YOU!!!

I'm keeping Halloween alive, baby 3-6-5

I've kept Halloween alive since 1965
I'll keep my Jack-o-lantern light on for everyone tonight!

Entries Due: 10-27-17

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Keepin' Halloween Alive" (for October 27th publishing date)

Written By: K1chyd on 10/19/17 at 11:36 am

Oh, you meant it literally about the OS when you wrote Halloween-themed song! :)

Timely and fun, I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something during writing. Here's an internationally working link for YouTube in the mean time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7WJaCDv2ww

(And by internationally I mean in Sweden, what's up with YouTube these days?)

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Keepin' Halloween Alive" (for October 27th publishing date)

Written By: Matthias on 10/19/17 at 12:20 pm

Oh, you meant it literally about the OS when you wrote Halloween-themed song! :)

Timely and fun, I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something during writing. Here's an internationally working link for YouTube in the mean time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7WJaCDv2ww

(And by internationally I mean in Sweden, what's up with YouTube these days?)

I had a few ideas for a Halloween song to use but this one won me over.
I had Grim Grinning Ghosts, Spooky Scary Skeletons, Horny in a Hearse by Nekromantix and Pet Sematary by The Ramones on the back burner as other possibilities which I may use in the future if we make to next Halloween.

Now I need to come up with an idea for this one and pick out a few for Christmas tunes for the next few months

Written By: Matthias on 10/19/17 at 7:01 pm

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c63/Muhulmahay/walts-head.jpg

"Keepin' Disney's Head On Ice" is my idea for this round!

Written By: K1chyd on 10/19/17 at 11:29 pm

My preliminary ideas so far this morning are:

Keepin' Amiright Alive!  :)

Headin' To The Alien Hive (Aliens/Ripley Tribute)

Stuck here in the Borg Hive Mind (Star Trek)

Keep The Flower "Pot" Alive (Willie Nelson Tribute)

But I'm off to work now, might come up with more tomorrow!

Written By: K1chyd on 10/21/17 at 4:35 am

I came up with a fifth idea that I'm now working on, so all four of those above are totally unused, just saying.

Written By: Matthias on 10/21/17 at 4:14 pm

I've got my reanimated Walt Disney parody done and it should be up on Friday!

Written By: K1chyd on 10/22/17 at 5:10 am

I'll make an attempt at varying my choruses a bit more before the week is done - but success with that or not I now have a parody to submit this time too.  :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/23/17 at 9:09 am

I'm not gonna forget this week!

Written By: Matthias on 10/26/17 at 10:21 am

The submission window is now open!

Written By: c4p on 10/26/17 at 11:33 am

I'm in this week.  Awesome song choice Matty; very fun.

Written By: K1chyd on 10/26/17 at 12:39 pm

Just submitted!

Written By: Matthias on 10/26/17 at 1:02 pm

I'm in this week.  Awesome song choice Matty; very fun.

Nice!!! See you tomorrow Claude!

Check for new replies or respond here...