inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ONE WEEK NOTICE -- "This Time Of Year" (for Dec. 8th publishing date)

Written By: Matthias on 11/30/17 at 9:10 am

Welcome to the One Week Notice Challenge!  The rules are very simple:  we all release a parody of the same song on the same day.  It’s really not any more complicated than that.  So if you want to participate, the day to submit your parody is Thursday, Dec 7th so that it will appear on AmiRight on Friday, Dec. 8th. The song I picked out for you is by the Ska Punk group Mighty, Mighty Bosstones. A favorite of mine (to be fair I love everything ska punk). Since Agrimorfee thinks that Reel Big Fish is too cookie cutter how about we whip up a batch of Christmas Cookies with this fantastic little ditty! Have fun guys and Happy Holidays!

Song:  This Time Of Year
Artist:  Mighty, Mighty Bosstones
Year:  2003
Recording:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzXAMfxe2iw
Lyrics:

The bells, the bows and the flashing lights,
the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights'--
It's all for show, and it's all right.
That's not why I love this time of year.

It gets me, and never lets me
Act like I don't care.
This time of year,
Is my favorite time of year,
'Cause all of us are here together.

The stores are packed
With the stuff to buy.
The shelves are stacked
A mile high...

But back to what it is that I
Truly love about this time of year.

Act like I don't care.
This time of year,
Is my favorite time of year

(Insturmental break)

This time of year
Act like I don't care.
This time of year,

There's crap - it's true --
What can you do?
It's simply spending it with you
That keeps me looking forward to
Lookin' forward to this time of year

Act like I don't care.
This time of year,

Act like I don't care.
This time of year,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That’s it — no voting, it’s not a competition.  No commenting requirement, though for me part of the fun is to see what everyone else came up with and talk about it.  So it basically turns into a little lovefest every week, which is great.  No guarantees, but it’s a pretty good way to make sure at least a few people will read and most likely comment on a parody.  Just saying.  And if you’re wondering who gets to pick the songs, the answer is we take turns hosting.  If you’re interested in doing that, or just learning more, then this thread is the place to go.  Thanks, and have fun!

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE -- "This Time Of Year" (for Dec. 8th publishing date)

Written By: K1chyd on 11/30/17 at 11:08 am

Brainstorming time then - hmmm...

"This time next year" (Early New Year's resolutions)

"Let's make it clear" (But what's to be made clear I have not yet any idea!)

"Oh Yes My Dear!" (Dude's totally pussywhipped)

"This flattened deer" (Rudolph's getting run over)

"I'll have a pear" (Some vegan angle or something)

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE -- "This Time Of Year" (for Dec. 8th publishing date)

Written By: Matthias on 11/30/17 at 11:50 am

I'm shocked by how easy this tune is to parody! Maybe because crap beer is a simple topic to work with but I pretty much finished this tune in 10 minutes lol

Written By: K1chyd on 11/30/17 at 11:57 am

I'm shocked by how easy this tune is to parody! Maybe because crap beer is a simple topic to work with but I pretty much finished this tune in 10 minutes lol

That might just be your beer judgement - you'll look at it differently when sober again! ;)

Written By: Matthias on 12/01/17 at 7:39 am

Got these lyrics fixed the ones that I submitted at first were incorrect... Stupid lyric site.

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/01/17 at 8:18 am

Wow, I don't remember commenting about Reel Big Fish back whenever that was...I must have really caused a scar there.  :)

Say something detrimental about Pink Floyd if it'll help you heal.  :D

"Beer" is definitely out for a topic...hmmmm...."gear, fear, deer, steer, jeer... ???"

Written By: Matthias on 12/01/17 at 8:25 am

Wow, I don't remember commenting about Reel Big Fish back whenever that was...I must have really caused a scar there.  :)

"Beer" is definitely out for a topic...hmmmm...."gear, fear, deer, steer, jeer... ???"

It was back during the Reel Big Fish round of Artistry 1. It's all good I just like picking on you about it :-P

Written By: K1chyd on 12/01/17 at 10:36 am

Got these lyrics fixed the ones that I submitted at first were incorrect... Stupid lyric site.

I thought the layout/linebreaks were a bit strange, I did...

Written By: Matthias on 12/02/17 at 4:23 pm

Feel free to use beer as a topic if you wish. Who knows what I'm gonna come up with.

Written By: K1chyd on 12/03/17 at 2:35 am

Took me longer than usual to really get started on a subject, but once I found one that worked the writing process kinda flowed rather easy. Still have the last two choruses to possibly vary, but that don't look to hard by now.

Written By: Medemia on 12/03/17 at 9:07 am

I'm not sure which way to go on this one, whether it will be a love song to a celebrity or about a TMZ reporter following her, but I think I have my theme. I'm leaning towards TMZ.  :D

Written By: Matthias on 12/04/17 at 7:05 am

My sequel to "Fried Marmoset" called "DEEP FRIED REINDEER" is coming soon...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.jantoo.com/seasonal-father_christmas-reindeers-xmas-sleighs-santa-16435025_low.jpg

Written By: K1chyd on 12/07/17 at 12:35 pm

The submission window is open!

Check for new replies or respond here...