inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ONE WEEK NOTICE: "I Wanna Go" (For January 19th 2018)

Written By: jreuben on 01/11/18 at 8:14 pm

It's Britney Bitch :)

Welcome to the January 12th to January 19th (publishing date) round of the One Week Notice challenge. My name is Jeff Reuben, I'll be your host for this round!

The core of One Week Notice is this: We all write parodies of the same original song - and then we post them on the same day! The song chosen ideally should be one that has not been already parodied on Amiright, and should also be of reasonable difficulty and length (Matthias is hosting a separate thread for general discussion about that part, see the messageboard and feel free to join in - or even better - sign up to host a round yourself!)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56105.0

As things have evolved we're working on a From Friday To Friday basis. The host picks an original song and posts about it in a new messageboard thread on the first friday (or after the Thursday update on Amiright's front page if that's more convenient) and those who want to participate have one week to create a parody of it. All those parodies of the same song are then submitted to go on the next week's Friday's publishing date on Amiright (barring acts of God/Site Mods).

This challenge is not a contest judging for quality. No points are awarded. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but we have no strict rule or requirement for everyone to even read each parody and/or leave comments. Obviously that's an important part of the whole thing, but you won't get bashed if life gets in your way. The whole thing is done in the spirit of flexing our parody writing "muscles" and to grow back the spirit of camaraderie within the Amiright community. The host of a round must provide a link to the original song's lyrics (or post them in his/her host post, like I'm doing here below), a link to a YouTube video of the song (or an equivalent thereof) and information about what year the song was first released (to allow for the submission form on Amiright).

This week we're going to check out a genre that hasn't really been touched upon in the One Week Notice challenge: Britney!

Deadline - January 19th, 2018

Song Title: "I Wanna Go"
Year - 2011
Artist - Britney Spears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-sxSd1uwoU

Lately, I've been stuck imagining what I wanna do and what I really think
Time to blow out
Be a little inappropriate, 'cause I know that everybody's thinkin' it when the light's out

Shame on me
To need release
Uncontrollably

I-I-I wanna go-oh-oh all the way-ay-ay
Taking out my freak tonight
I-I-I wanna show-oh-oh all the dirt-irt-irt I got runnin' through my mind, whoa oh

Lately, people got me all tied up
There's a countdown waitin' for me to errupt
Time to blow out
I've been told who I should do it with, to keep both my hands above the blank-blanket when the light's out

Shame on me
To need release
Uncontrollably

I-I-I wanna show-oh-oh all the dirt-irt-irt I got runnin' through my mind, whoa oh

Shame on me (shame on me)
To need release (to need release)
Uncontrollably (uncontrollably, lably, lably, lably-bly-bly-bly-bly-bly)

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE: "I Wanna Go" (For January 19th 2018)

Written By: K1chyd on 01/11/18 at 11:40 pm

Good title to work with!  :)

Those are some loooong lines in there, that's normally good and probably are here too, though I might have to throw in some linebreaks to make them fit the page! :D

Sidenote: There's a song called "We gotta go" by a lesser known artist that I've considered, but I couldn't find it on Youtube. Scratching further searches for that now. 8)

Written By: jreuben on 01/12/18 at 5:39 am

I'll post to the front page later this morning :)

Good title to work with!  :)

Those are some loooong lines in there, that's normally good and probably are here too, though I might have to throw in some linebreaks to make them fit the page! :D

Sidenote: There's a song called "We gotta go" by a lesser known artist that I've considered, but I couldn't find it on Youtube. Scratching further searches for that now. 8)

Written By: Matthias on 01/12/18 at 7:33 am

I think I might do = “Ivanka’s Beau” and pick on the 1st lady. It shouldn’t just be Trump who gets harassed but it will probably delve into a harassing Trump parody

Written By: K1chyd on 01/12/18 at 11:06 am

I think I might do = “Ivanka’s Beau” and pick on the 1st lady. It shouldn’t just be Trump who gets harassed but it will probably delve into a harassing Trump parody

Trump's married to his own daughter now?
You gotta stop listening to Fake News! Sad! ;)

Written By: K1chyd on 01/13/18 at 12:46 pm

I think I'm off to a good start - my preliminary working title is "I wanna know (the truth is out there)" and for the first line (or three, as I've structured them) so far I've got:

Last night I was nabbed by aliens
There was me, some cows...
and God I need a drink!

Written By: Matthias on 01/15/18 at 11:54 am

"Theme Song To Jumanji" is coming Friday!

https://images.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,q_auto:good,w_600/gfq3gl7odnmlfjpupmkn/jumanji-credit-tristar-pictures.jpg

Written By: Matthias on 01/18/18 at 9:06 am

My tune has been submitted for Friday!

Written By: K1chyd on 01/18/18 at 10:01 am

My tune has been submitted for Friday!

#minetoo

And in some ten minutes or so I'll have the next challenge started.

Written By: jreuben on 01/18/18 at 1:31 pm

Don't Tase Me Bro!

Written By: K1chyd on 01/20/18 at 2:17 am

I've used the comments field on my submitted parody to add a last chorus, if anyone's interrested.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2010s/britneyspears18.shtml

Check for new replies or respond here...