inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ONE WEEK NOTICE "You give me all I need" (For February 02, 2018)

Written By: K1chyd on 01/25/18 at 12:49 pm

Welcome to the Friday January 26 to Friday February 02 (publishing date) round of the One Week Notice challenge. My name is Peter, I'll be your host.

The core of One Week Notice is this: We all write parodies of the same original song - and then we post them on the same day! The song chosen ideally should be one that has not been already parodied on Amiright, and should also be of reasonable difficulty and length (Matthias is hosting a separate thread for general discussion about that part, see the messageboard and feel free to join in - or even better - sign up to host a round yourself!)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56105.0

As things have evolved we're working on a From Friday To Friday basis. The host picks an original song and posts about it in a new messageboard thread on the first friday (or after the Thursday update on Amiright's front page if that's more convenient) and those who want to participate have one week to create a parody of it. All those parodies of the same song are then submitted to go on the next week's Friday's publishing date on Amiright (barring acts of God/Site Mods).

This challenge is not a contest judging for quality. No points are awarded. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but we have no strict rule or requirement for everyone to even read each parody and/or leave comments. Obviously that's an important part of the whole thing, but you won't get bashed if life gets in your way. The whole thing is done in the spirit of flexing our parody writing "muscles" and to grow back the spirit of camaraderie within the Amiright community. The host of a round must provide a link to the original song's lyrics (or post them in his/her host post, like I'm doing here below), a link to a YouTube video of the song (or an equivalent thereof) and information about what year the song was first released (to allow for the submission form on Amiright).

With all that said, here's the brand new One Week Notice for Friday January 26 to Friday February 02.
A short one from a very famous band, kinda repetetive with the title line, but there are plenty of rhymes for "need".

Song Title: "You give me all I need" - 1982
Artist - Scorpions
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHDLTPRN-r0

New love is blind, why don't you see
You hurt me inside, you're killing me
It makes me sad all the time
To see you around with all these guys
My heart's in pain, I need you so
My love's the same, so please don't go

You give me all I need
You give me all I need
You give me all I need
You give me all I need

Let's try again, there's still romance
We'll start a new life, take a chance
There are so many ways
Please don't forget it anyday
My heart's in pain, I need you so
My love's the same, so please don't go

You give me all I need
You give me all I need
You give me all I need
You give me all I need

SOLO

You give me all I need
You give me all I need
You give me all I need
You give me all I need

You give me all I need
You give me all I need
You give me all I need
You give me all I need

You give me all I need
You give me all I need
You give me all I need
You give me all I need

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE "You give me all I need" (For February 02, 2018)

Written By: K1chyd on 01/25/18 at 12:57 pm

Let the brainstorming begin! By the time you've read this far you should already have ten plus different ideas for "something something all the weed" just for starters. 8)

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/25/18 at 4:24 pm

so tired of getting kneed! ;D

Written By: Matthias on 01/25/18 at 7:14 pm

Actually I could do... "Your Fins Are All I Need" about the movie "Shape of Water" and use it for my new blog

https://icdn9.digitaltrends.com/image/shape-of-water-fx-interview-54-1500x844.jpg

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/01/18 at 8:49 am

Hi all, real life got in the way of my free time again. No submission from me tomorrow.  :-\\

Written By: Matthias on 02/01/18 at 9:35 am

Hi all, real life got in the way of my free time again. No submission from me tomorrow.  :-\\

Write it today. It took me like 15 minutes to put one together for this song!

Written By: K1chyd on 02/01/18 at 11:19 am

Well, you could write about THAT - as in "My time is not that free"!

As Matty's pointing out, this one is real easy - in fact it's so easy that even Rob Arndt could probably pace it and/or John Barry write 100 different parodies for it by tomorrow and take the lead in overall total OWN submissions! Not that anyone is counting, but whatever shocks their rocks! :P

I understand that you'd want to vary the chorus, but just start without that and see what you can do with the other 12 lines first. :-)

Check for new replies or respond here...