inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Spring break when girls go wild?

Written By: K1chyd on 02/17/18 at 9:27 am

Question for Americans: Is there a specific week that could be said to be "more" spring break than others? I've googled a bit and found that it's spread out for different parts of the country, just like here* - but is there one where most of the country's schools are out at the same time? One that you'd think of as THE spring break week?

*Over here it's normally a four weeks thing but also more of "late-winter break" where southern Sweden goes first and Northern Sweden goes last - historically is has to do with authorities wanting kids to do sports in the snow so south has to go first. It was actually called "sports break" when I was a kid, now I hear the term "February break" more though, although it still stretches into March up North. Later comes a break week for Easter when all Swedish kids get the same week of course.

Subject: Re: The Spring break when girls go wild?

Written By: Matthias on 02/17/18 at 10:29 am

Question for Americans: Is there a specific week that could be said to be "more" spring break than others? I've googled a bit and found that it's spread out for different parts of the country, just like here* - but is there one where most of the country's schools are out at the same time? One that you'd think of as THE spring break week?

*Over here it's normally a four weeks thing but also more of "late-winter break" where southern Sweden goes first and Northern Sweden goes last - historically is has to do with authorities wanting kids to do sports in the snow so south has to go first. It was actually called "sports break" when I was a kid, now I hear the term "February break" more though, although it still stretches into March up North. Later comes a break week for Easter when all Swedish kids get the same week of course.

Is this your idea for One Week Notice? "This Is Spring"??? Cause that's a good idea!

Written By: K1chyd on 02/17/18 at 12:12 pm

Is this your idea for One Week Notice? "This Is Spring"??? Cause that's a good idea!

Wish I'd seen that!

So no, I'm already commited to a different idea for this weeks OWN. Halfway done. But this question is kinda related because I'm trying to think ahead in that department - got an original song in mind that made me think I might host it during spring break.

Written By: nally on 02/17/18 at 2:20 pm

I can answer this...sort of. Most schools in the U.S., particularly in California (where I'm from), seem to have it during Holy Week; that is, the week before Easter (which varies from year to year). However, not all schools do that.

Written By: Matthias on 02/17/18 at 3:49 pm

Wish I'd seen that!

So no, I'm already commited to a different idea for this weeks OWN. Halfway done. But this question is kinda related because I'm trying to think ahead in that department - got an original song in mind that made me think I might host it during spring break.

Great! I'm stealing this idea!

Check for new replies or respond here...