inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Girls gone wild" (Due March 23, 2018)

Written By: K1chyd on 03/15/18 at 12:00 pm

Welcome to the Friday March 16 to Friday March 23 (publishing date) round of the One Week Notice challenge. My name is Peter, I'll be your host.

The core of One Week Notice is this: We all write parodies of the same original song - and then we post them on the same day! The song chosen ideally should be one that has not been already parodied on Amiright, and should also be of reasonable difficulty and length (Matthias is hosting a separate thread for general discussion about that part, see the messageboard and feel free to join in - or even better - sign up to host a round yourself!)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56105.0

As things have evolved we're working on a From Friday To Friday basis. The host picks an original song and posts about it in a new messageboard thread on the first friday (or after the Thursday update on Amiright's front page if that's more convenient) and those who want to participate have one week to create a parody of it. All those parodies of the same song are then submitted to go on the next week's Friday's publishing date on Amiright (barring acts of God/Site Mods).

This challenge is not a contest judging for quality. No points are awarded. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but we have no strict rule or requirement for everyone to even read each parody and/or leave comments. Obviously that's an important part of the whole thing, but you won't get bashed if life gets in your way. The whole thing is done in the spirit of flexing our parody writing "muscles" and to grow back the spirit of camaraderie within the Amiright community. The host of a round must provide a link to the original song's lyrics (or post them in his/her host post, like I'm doing here below), a link to a YouTube video of the song (or an equivalent thereof) and information about what year the song was first released (to allow for the submission form on Amiright).

With all that said, here's the brand new One Week Notice for Friday March 16 to Friday March 23 (publishing date). A female fronted party metal outfit from Sweden with a tune I picked because you Americans have Spring Break week fast approaching.

Song Title: "Girls gone wild" - 2014
Artist - Adrenaline Rush
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98Cgniw0yyU

Girls gone wild!
The girls gone wild!
'Cause everybody wants
Everybody wants
Everybody wants a good time
Girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!

Going off the deep-end
Waiting for the weekend
All the girls are coming 'round
Drugs for satisfaction
Chemical reaction
Keep our asses on the ground

It's right here, right now
The walls are coming down
Right here, right now
We'll set the world on fire!

Girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!
'Cause everybody wants
Everybody wants
Everybody wants a good time
Girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!

Slapping on the make-up
Ready for the shake-up
Girls are gonna party down
Looking for some action
Animal attraction
Keep your boyfriend to the ground!

Right here, right now
The walls are coming down
Right here, right now
We'll set the world on fire!

Girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!
'Cause everybody wants
Everybody wants
Everybody wants a good time!

Girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!
'Cause everybody wants
Everybody wants

It's girls gone wild!
The girls gone wild!
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

(Guitar Solo)

Girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!
The girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!
Yeah, the girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!
The girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!
Wild! Wild! Wild! Wild!

Girls gone wild!
The girls gone wild!
'Cause everybody wants
Everybody wants
It's girls gone wild!
Girls gone wild!
Wild! Wild! Wild!

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Girls gone wild" (Due March 23, 2018)

Written By: K1chyd on 03/15/18 at 12:06 pm

Bonus trivia: Tåve Wanning is a former child star - over here those don't become Britneys or Mileys, the usually end up fronting metal bands (or go into a degenerating downwards spiral on the Euruvision Song Contest circuit, but that's a story for another day).

Here's "Rosa Helikopter" ("Pink Helicopter"):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyR09s2WO6g

Written By: Matthias on 03/15/18 at 8:58 pm

I think the juxtaposition of the exciting song with a boring topic could be funny such as "Laundry Pile" or "Pick out Tile" or "Wings Are Mild" could be fun...

Any other ideas?

Written By: K1chyd on 03/16/18 at 2:08 am

I think the juxtaposition of the exciting song with a boring topic could be funny such as "Laundry Pile" or "Pick out Tile" or "Wings Are Mild" could be fun...

"Laundry Pile" is one I wish I'd thought about, as I mentioned on the Jagganath thread yesterday there's currently a flood of new generation spam getting through the internet filters here - most often from girls with profile pics taken during Laundry Day. Play those two versions of laundry day against each other and you might be able to use the repetetive last part of the song for made up hashtags or mail-adresses like @gonewild or #girlsgonewild.

Other ideas:

Gamers might go the "Horde gone wild" route, or something along those lines.

"Ship has sailed" could be another juxtaposition theme, although sailed is not a perfect rhyme, but still workable.

I'm doing "Nerds gone wild" or "Nerd gone wild" BTW.

Written By: Matthias on 03/17/18 at 5:05 pm

I think I'll do a tribute to the video game "Duck Hunt" with the title "Ducks I Killed"
Because I said as a joke on Facebook that I would be interested in seeing a parody of Pong or Asteroids or Duck Hunt... Because nobody understood my "Legend of Zelda" parody.

So I figured I'll write it myself...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/kancolle/images/5/5c/Duck-hunt.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170508041438

Written By: c4p on 03/17/18 at 9:05 pm

I think I'll do a tribute to the video game "Duck Hunt" with the title "Ducks I Killed"
Because I said as a joke on Facebook that I would be interested in seeing a parody of Pong or Asteroids or Duck Hunt... Because nobody understood my "Legend of Zelda" parody.

So I figured I'll write it myself...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/kancolle/images/5/5c/Duck-hunt.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170508041438

Hey, I totally remember Duck Hunt!  Only because you included that picture though

Written By: K1chyd on 03/18/18 at 6:10 am

...with the title "Ducks I Killed"

Be careful if you craft a line about killing Donald (Duck) so that the NSA don't come after you by mistake. Then again, all POTUSes are lame ducks in their last years so unless he's gonna run again...

Anyway, just throwing out another idea here for anyone to be inspired by; "Quack's Gone Wild" could be a list parody about a crazy doctor pushing snake oil medicin for all kinds of "syllable+syllable ails" in the repetetive parts.

Or "Quark's Bar's Wild" about Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/22/18 at 9:44 am

Sorry guys, it just wasn't in the cards this week.

Written By: K1chyd on 03/22/18 at 10:33 am

Sorry guys, it just wasn't in the cards this week.

Well, I'll be submitting two - the original is a go-to staple on my long runs, and I wrote one extra Sunday evening after my usual LSD trip.

Check for new replies or respond here...