inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Do You Feel It?" (Due March 30, 2018)

Written By: Matthias on 03/22/18 at 8:30 am

Welcome to the Friday March 23rd to Friday March 30th (publishing date) round of the One Week Notice challenge. My name is Matthias, I'll be your host.

The core of One Week Notice is this: We all write parodies of the same original song - and then we post them on the same day! The song chosen ideally should be one that has not been already parodied on Amiright, and should also be of reasonable difficulty and length (Matthias is hosting a separate thread for general discussion about that part, see the messageboard and feel free to join in - or even better - sign up to host a round yourself!)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56105.0

As things have evolved we're working on a From Friday To Friday basis. The host picks an original song and posts about it in a new messageboard thread on the first friday (or after the Thursday update on Amiright's front page if that's more convenient) and those who want to participate have one week to create a parody of it. All those parodies of the same song are then submitted to go on the next week's Friday's publishing date on Amiright (barring acts of God/Site Mods).

This challenge is not a contest judging for quality. No points are awarded. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but we have no strict rule or requirement for everyone to even read each parody and/or leave comments. Obviously that's an important part of the whole thing, but you won't get bashed if life gets in your way. The whole thing is done in the spirit of flexing our parody writing "muscles" and to grow back the spirit of camaraderie within the Amiright community. The host of a round must provide a link to the original song's lyrics (or post them in his/her host post, like I'm doing here below), a link to a YouTube video of the song (or an equivalent thereof) and information about what year the song was first released (to allow for the submission form on Amiright).

- This week's song is by the indie pop band from Seattle, Washington: Chaos Chaos. It's a slower, more depressing and emotional song than we've used before. In fact it's so sad that it was used at the end of a "Rick and Morty" episode where after the titular character Rick is about to commit suicide in his garage. Very deep and emotional moment.
-- I know that Claude Prez is a fan of "Rick and Morty" so I hope to see you in this round buddy!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/thisismyjam/i/da4cddba7390642290ff1ddbb62a7eba_395.png?1441806190

- Song Title - "Do You Feel It?" (2014)
- Artist - Chaos Chaos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjyJiBDIhXA

Lay it, lay it down, let me see your hand
Show me what you got
You're always talking, but you're not playing
It doesn't match your face
Gotta find my way, away from this place
Can you take me now
I-I want it, I want it real
Are you afraid of me now?
Are you afraid of me now?

Do you feel it, do you feel it?
Do you feel that I can see your soul?
Do you feel the beat in your heart?

Run away with me now
Run away with me now

Someday's I'm built of metal, I can't be broken
But not when I'm with you
You love me real, we have it all
Can't leave me now
I love the way, you are today
Run away with me now
Wind in my hair, cause I don't care
Baby run away with me now
Run away with me now

Do you feel that I can see your soul?
Do you feel the beat in your heart?

Run away with me now
Run away with me now

Drinking in the summer, I'm good at running
I beat you in the race again
Are you afraid, when I look your way
It's easiest to stay at home
But then we taste it, we got to have it
We have no control
Where is the love, the kind we dream of
The kind that makes us young
The kind that makes us young

Don't leave me
Never leave me out
Don't leave me
Never leave me out
Don't leave me
Never leave me out
Don't leave me
Never leave me out
Don't leave me
Never leave me out
Don't leave me
Never leave me out

Due Date: 3-30-2018

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Do You Feel It?" (Due March 30, 2018)

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/22/18 at 9:47 am

Ah, wow, an OWN obscure band that I already know of...they first made a splash on the alternative scene when they were littler girls as Smoosh, crafting some very fine, simple pop rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d90q7DcIza0

This will be an interesting round, hopefully I will get this one in as well as the Reunion Challenge next week!

Written By: K1chyd on 03/22/18 at 10:26 am

We've had "Feel it still" in the past - Maybe I should write a prequel to my song from that round.

Written By: Matthias on 03/22/18 at 11:37 am

We've had "Feel it still" in the past - Maybe I should write a prequel to my song from that round.

Hmmmmm.... Should I do another tune about some crazed dude messing with wild animals?

Written By: K1chyd on 03/22/18 at 12:11 pm

Hmmmmm.... Should I do another tune about some crazed dude messing with wild animals?

You could do "Can you hear it?" about a customer who wants to return his new car because of a strange engine sound - that no-one else can hear.

That title also works for a tale of jumpy teens in a haunted house/forest if that doesn't work out. Might fit some horror movie (or comedy horror movie like Scooby-Doo) on your such list.

Written By: Matthias on 03/22/18 at 1:03 pm

You could do "Can you hear it?" about a customer who wants to return his new car because of a strange engine sound - that no-one else can hear.

That title also works for a tale of jumpy teens in a haunted house/forest if that doesn't work out. Might fit some horror movie (or comedy horror movie like Scooby-Doo) on your such list.

“Shouldn’t Feel It (Sequel to “Feel His Quills)” is my idea...

Written By: K1chyd on 03/25/18 at 12:05 am

Finally found a way to tap into the mood of this song, gonna write a litte ditty about failing at Tetris.

http://www.play.vg/g2_imgs/g2_6.gif

Written By: Matthias on 03/25/18 at 6:25 pm

Finally found a way to tap into the mood of this song, gonna write a litte ditty about failing at Tetris.

http://www.play.vg/g2_imgs/g2_6.gif

Good idea with the opening line 😉

Written By: K1chyd on 03/26/18 at 11:10 am

Good idea with the opening line 😉

Tetris - The original block chain!

Though I'm not going for funny this time, mostly because I don't seem to be able to with this song... maybe a line or two about eating pizza in underoos while playing... something like that.

Written By: Matthias on 03/26/18 at 3:52 pm

I'm gonna do one about an Easter Egg hunt because this happens to fall on Easter weekend...

"CAN YOU FIND THEM? (EASTER EGG HUNT 2018)"

http://64fa2e220dc87ac3aca62de3.nxhh9ytfl2vf4yd9f.maxcdn-edge.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/55172_image_26756563_911182852373411_3386624549623846529_o-720x405.jpg

Written By: K1chyd on 03/28/18 at 9:36 am

I'm gonna do one about an Easter Egg hunt because this happens to fall on Easter weekend...
"CAN YOU FIND THEM? (EASTER EGG HUNT 2018)"

My colleague has small kids who really, really, really are looking forward to the yearly easter egg hunt - but with the level of snow here this year she's now had to plant the notion that "some years the easter bunny hides the egg indoors". I guess she's not the only parent who has realized hiding stuff outside will be kinda hard this time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/490cbd52bd95be49119069a9cf1718a017300fab.jpg

Written By: Matthias on 03/29/18 at 9:06 am

My colleague has small kids who really, really, really are looking forward to the yearly easter egg hunt - but with the level of snow here this year she's now had to plant the notion that "some years the easter bunny hides the egg indoors". I guess she's not the only parent who has realized hiding stuff outside will be kinda hard this time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/490cbd52bd95be49119069a9cf1718a017300fab.jpg

Mine has been submitted! Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Written By: K1chyd on 03/29/18 at 9:27 am

Mine has been submitted! Hope to see you all tomorrow!

"Can't win at Tetris" has been submitted.

Check for new replies or respond here...