inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Superhero" (Due April 06)

Written By: K1chyd on 03/29/18 at 9:34 am

Welcome to the Friday March 30 to Friday April 06 (publishing date) round of the One Week Notice challenge. My name is Peter, I'll be your host.

The core of One Week Notice is this: We all write parodies of the same original song - and then we post them on the same day! The song chosen ideally should be one that has not been already parodied on Amiright, and should also be of reasonable difficulty and length (Matthias is hosting a separate thread for general discussion about that part, see the messageboard and feel free to join in - or even better - sign up to host a round yourself!)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56105.0

As things have evolved we're working on a From Friday To Friday basis. The host picks an original song and posts about it in a new messageboard thread on the first friday (or after the Thursday update on Amiright's front page if that's more convenient) and those who want to participate have one week to create a parody of it. All those parodies of the same song are then submitted to go on the next week's Friday's publishing date on Amiright (barring acts of God/Site Mods).

This challenge is not a contest judging for quality. No points are awarded. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but we have no strict rule or requirement for everyone to even read each parody and/or leave comments. Obviously that's an important part of the whole thing, but you won't get bashed if life gets in your way. The whole thing is done in the spirit of flexing our parody writing "muscles" and to grow back the spirit of camaraderie within the Amiright community. The host of a round must provide a link to the original song's lyrics (or post them in his/her host post, like I'm doing here below), a link to a YouTube video of the song (or an equivalent thereof) and information about what year the song was first released (to allow for the submission form on Amiright).

With all that said, here's the brand new One Week Notice for Friday March 30 to Friday April 06 (publishing date).

My first modern club sound song for these events - and play back on Agrimorfee's recent superhero choice.

Song Title: "Superhero" - 2016
Artist - Unknown Brain
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B02BFrpAxDk

Like you, be strong
To hold the powers of the sun

To dream, believe
In strength now I’m the only one
Only one

I was an ordinary boy
Until I broke the rules, my life destroyed
My life destroyed

Until I woke awake
Scream my mind
I shout the ground shakes
How much can I take
My mind will break
Will it break
What can I take

Can I be your superhero
Superhero

Can I be your superhero
Superhero
Superhero
Superhero

Fly up, away
It’s the first time of today
Today
To dream, believe
You are the strength, you’re all I need
Need, need

Oh gonna give it a shot
Only one of me
To shield you all from the enemy

Your superhero
Your superhero

Can I be your superhero
Superhero
Superhero
Superhero

Can I be your superhero

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Superhero" (Due April 06)

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/29/18 at 9:42 am

so...
(_Super_) Zero, Nero, Gyro, (blank)-Bro, (blank-)-Pro... ???

Written By: Matthias on 03/29/18 at 10:22 am

Some ideas...

1. Stupid Gizmo
2. Goofy Game Show
3. Taste the Rainbow
4. Outta Ammo
5. Heed the Banjo
6. Need some Aloe
7. Won the Lotto
8. Vincent Van Gogh
9. Watched Your Slideshow

I kinda want to do "Watched Your Slideshow"

Written By: K1chyd on 03/29/18 at 10:24 am

so...
(_Super_) Zero, Nero, Gyro, (blank)-Bro, (blank-)-Pro... ???

Looks like a low alternatives OS at first glance, you might wanna work backwards, find a near rhyme word for "hero" (or a near phrase) and suddenly it's not that hard a song - pretty short too.

Additional: I see now that Matty (while I wrote my comment) has already come up with a bunch of possible titles constructed like that.  :)

Additional additional: Combining two of those ideas I'd say that "(Let me fix your) Stupid Banjo" feels like one I'd wanna write if I wasn't commited to another idea already.

http://cdn.campaignbrief.com/assets_c/2014/07/JW_A43R7810-1-thumb-400x492-158228.jpg

And yeah, I know it's not a banjo in the picture - anyone's welcome to fix that too.  ;)

Written By: Matthias on 03/29/18 at 2:02 pm

Actually I'm going to turn this song on it's head like I did with "Mr. Success" about a guy who sucks at being a superhero pleading to be your superhero

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/872615-black_spiderman_costume_super.jpg

Written By: K1chyd on 04/05/18 at 10:56 am

Thursday front page update is there - so now the submission window for Friday is open!

Hoping you'll be a bit surprised by mine, not any of my usual kind of topics. The title might be too much of a clue - so no, not yet...

Check for new replies or respond here...