inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AMIRIGHT REUNION CHALLENGE - April 30th - EPIC ELTON JOHN PARODIES OF HISTORY!!!

Written By: Matthias on 03/30/18 at 7:54 am

This challenge originated in the TOP SECRET SONG PARODY FACEBOOK GROUP that everybody knows about.  The first one went really well, so we're going to start advertising here and on the front page so that people not in the group can participate as well.  Anyone with questions can leave them here or in the comment section of the Events Page notification.  Or in the comment section of one of my parodies, I'll definitely see that haha.  Okay.  So the main thing to know is that the parodies should appear on AmiRight on Monday April 30th, so they should be submitted Friday or the weekend before that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever wish you could travel back in time to the Golden Age of AmiRight?  Well gas up your DeLorean, because we know exactly when lightning is gonna strike the clock tower!  On Friday, April 30th, a crapload of AmiRight blasts from the pasts will all be showing up back at their old stomping grounds for the ELTON JOHN'S MAGICAL HISTORY TOUR CHALLENGE - In honor of time itself... The challenge is to parody any song by the flamboyant piano man: Elton John, and make it about something to do with History like the very first phone call OR the invention of the automobile OR businessmen addicted to cocaine in the 80s it's really up to you. Anything is up for grabs, INCLUDING NOT FOLLOWING THE CHALLENGE PARAMETERS AT ALL.

See, the main point of the challenge is really the reunion aspect, where all these great authors pick two days a month (one near the middle and one at the end) to show up back here and resume the great camaraderie and encouragement that characterized this place back in the day.  So even if you're like "Who the hell is Elton John"?  Or "Who the hell is John F Kennedy?" (Back to the Future reference)  You can still write a parody about whatever the hell you want, show up, and know that there will most likely be an amazingly receptive  potential audience for your work, especially provided you're one of those brilliant people who understand that Golden Rule thing.  So have fun, good luck, and we'll see you there!

Subject: Re: AMIRIGHT REUNION CHALLENGE - April 30th - Elton John's Magical History Tour

Written By: Matthias on 03/30/18 at 5:09 pm

A few ideas... Feel free to share other ideas here too!

1. "Crockett Man" to "Rocket Man"

2. "Daniel (Boone)" to "Daniel"

3. "Creepy Goth Kid Named Poe" to "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

4. "(Neil) Armstrong" to "Your Song"

5. "Dali Seems To Have The Strangest Work" to "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word"

6. "Spooked by that guy Vincent Price" to "Someone Saved My Life Tonight"

- Since I love horror and spooky stuff I'm leaning more towards "Spooked by that guy Vincent Price" or "Creepy Goth Kid Named Poe" but we'll see what happens... Maybe even something about Benjamin Franklin or Albert Einstein or Mary Shelley or Thomas Edison

Subject: Re: AMIRIGHT REUNION CHALLENGE - April 30th - Elton John's Magical History Tour

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/31/18 at 7:26 pm

I'm thinking turning "Bennie and the Jets" into a tribute to the famous Australian outlaw Ned Kelly, namely "Kelly Took the Hits". See y'all in a month to see if I stick to it!

Written By: K1chyd on 04/01/18 at 12:22 am

When Googling YouTube (Hmm... putting it like that sounds weird somehow) I noticed he has a relatively new song called "England and America".

Just pointing that out to all you people from England and America.

Written By: Matthias on 04/01/18 at 8:04 am

When Googling YouTube (Hmm... putting it like that sounds weird somehow) I noticed he has a relatively new song called "England and America".

Just pointing that out to all you people from England and America.

That would be GREAT for a Revolutionary War themed parody

Subject: Re: AMIRIGHT REUNION CHALLENGE - April 30th - EPIC ELTON JOHN PARODIES OF HISTORY!!!

Written By: Matthias on 04/02/18 at 9:10 am

I'm gonna do a parody of "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" called "Keep On Working For Walt" because I have a love/hate relationship with Walt Disney.

https://d1nz104zbf64va.cloudfront.net/dt/a/o/ub-iwerks-the-forgotten-man-of-disney.jpg

Subject: Re: AMIRIGHT REUNION CHALLENGE - April 30th - EPIC ELTON JOHN PARODIES OF HISTORY!!!

Written By: Matthias on 04/05/18 at 10:35 am

Another idea that I might work on... "I'm Stressed Since They Dumped Out All My Booze" to "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" about Prohibition.

https://r.hswstatic.com/w_907/gif/podcasts/stuffyoushouldknow-podcasts-wp-content-uploads-sites-16-2014-03-prohibition660x350.jpg

Written By: Peregrin on 04/11/18 at 3:30 am

I'm thinking turning "Bennie and the Jets" into a tribute to the famous Australian outlaw Ned Kelly, namely "Kelly Took the Hits". See y'all in a month to see if I stick to it!

Conq, if I don't see the word "Glenrowan" in there, I am gonna be asking why!  :)

Written By: Rex on 04/15/18 at 3:26 pm

Great googly moogly, I actually think I'll be able to participate in this round.

Check for new replies or respond here...