inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Best mistake I never made" (For June 08)

Written By: K1chyd on 05/31/18 at 9:49 am

ONE WEEK NOTICE!

On Friday June 08th 2018 there will be a parody from me on the front page of Amiright.

As this week's One Week Notice host I'm now inviting you (Yes, that means YOU!) to write one too, then post it for the same day. The original song's lyrics follows below the mandatory fine print about these One Week Notices.

THE FINE PRINT: The core of One Week Notice is this: We all write parodies of the same original song - and then we post them on the same day! The song chosen ideally should be one that has not been already parodied on Amiright, and should also be of reasonable difficulty and length (Matthias is hosting a separate thread for general discussion about that part, see the messageboard and feel free to join in - or even better - sign up to host a round yourself!)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=56105.0

As things have evolved we're working on a From Friday To Friday basis. The host picks an original song and posts about it in a new messageboard thread on the first friday (or after the Thursday update on Amiright's front page if that's more convenient) and those who want to participate have one week to create a parody of it. All those parodies of the same song are then submitted to go on the next week's Friday's publishing date on Amiright (barring acts of God/Site Mods).

This challenge is not a contest judging for quality. No points are awarded. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but we have no strict rule or requirement for everyone to even read each parody and/or leave comments. Obviously that's an important part of the whole thing, but you won't get bashed if life gets in your way. The whole thing is done in the spirit of flexing our parody writing "muscles" and to grow back the spirit of camaraderie within the Amiright community. The host of a round must provide a link to the original song's lyrics (or post them in his/her host post, like I'm doing here below), a link to a YouTube video of the song (or an equivalent thereof) and information about what year the song was first released (to allow for the submission form on Amiright).

Song Title - "Best mistake I never made" (2009)
Artist - Helix
MP3: http://k1chyd.adress.eksjo.com/dktos/

The stars collided when she found the way to my bed
She was a touch too much, made a mess of my heart and my head
But what I thought was love was just pure lust, dressed up in disguise
Ain't it funny how the truth gets lost in a bedroom light

She was the best mistake I never made
The heaviest price I never paid
I thank the Lord for the day I was saved
From the best mistake I never made

When a heart goes hungry it can have a mind of it's own
Doing things it shouldn't do to avoid another night alone
But I was stopped quick to a quicksand chick before she could drag me down
Started looking for a lover to get me on solid ground

Well I found a new lover who turned into my best friend
And I shudder when I think of my life as it was back then
I dodged a bullet that was aimed at my soul from the shiniest pistol in town
But all that glitters ain't silver or gold
Sometimes what you find is a better man's soul

The best mistake I never made
The best mistake I never made

Subject: Re: ONE WEEK NOTICE "Best mistake I never made" (For June 08)

Written By: K1chyd on 05/31/18 at 9:56 am

A) I had to write up the original lyrics for this one myself, feel free to correct me if you hear different, I think I've gotten the phonemes mostly right even where uncertain, but the "quicksand" line especially doesn't really feel right even to me, myself and I.

B) If there's a better source for the original let us know, as crazy as it sounds for a song this good I couldn't find it on YouTube and only snippets of it elsewhere.

Written By: Matthias on 06/02/18 at 9:34 am

Working on this with the idea of a demented ice cream man: "WORST MILKSHAKE I EVER DRANK"

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Deu0fhAk--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/xma38kbgzc7hci8zriql.jpg

Written By: K1chyd on 06/03/18 at 11:34 pm

Working on this with the idea of a demented ice cream man: "WORST MILKSHAKE I EVER DRANK"

I'm doing something similar - meaning "worst x I ever y".

The OS has such a good set-up for that angle that I might even return to it in the future when an idea comes first and I need an OS for it.

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/07/18 at 8:06 am

Ok gang, thanks to my absentmindedness and real life stuff I won't be participating on this one.  :(

Written By: K1chyd on 06/07/18 at 9:02 am

Ok gang, thanks to my absentmindedness and real life stuff I won't be participating on this one.  :(

Too bad! Did you think the original was an OK pick for OWN?

Written By: Matthias on 06/07/18 at 9:35 am

I personally enjoyed it. I have my "Worst Milkshake" parody coming tomorrow.

Written By: K1chyd on 06/07/18 at 9:49 am

I personally enjoyed it. I have my "Worst Milkshake" parody coming tomorrow.

I guess I'm kinda pushing the censoring limits a little once again - IMHO less so this time than titles that has been allowed before - but you never know for sure so I guess I'll have to be prepared to fast track it for my own home page if "Worst d*ck pic I've ever sent" is not on the front page tomorrow. 8)

It doesn't have a happy ending - I'll reveal that much.

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/07/18 at 12:39 pm

Oh, it was fine alright. But upon close examination, I probably would have needed more than a week to do that one, unless I had a huge lightbulb of an idea before starting. Again, though, stuff IRL got me distracted more than anything.

Check for new replies or respond here...