inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AMIRIGHT REUNION: AEROSMITH’S ANIMAL ADVENTURES - DUE JULY 31st

Written By: Matthias on 06/30/18 at 1:20 am

This challenge originated in the TOP SECRET SONG PARODY FACEBOOK GROUP that everybody knows about.  The first one went really well, so we're going to start advertising here and on the front page so that people not in the group can participate as well.  Anyone with questions can leave them here or in the comment section of the Events Page notification.  Or in the comment section of one of my parodies, I'll definitely see that haha.  Okay.  So the main thing to know is that the parodies should appear on AmiRight on Tuesday, July 31st, so they should be submitted Monday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever wish you could travel back in time to the Golden Age of AmiRight?  Well gas up your DeLorean, because we know exactly when lightning is gonna strike the clock tower!  On Tuesday, July 31st, a crapload of AmiRight blasts from the pasts will all be showing up back at their old stomping grounds for the AEROSMITH’S ANIMAL ADVENTURES - In honor of our furry friends, Living, Dead or Fictional... The challenge is to parody any song by the long haired, huge lipped rocker STEVEN TYLER and his band AEROSMITH, and make it about something to do with animals like mountain lions OR saber tooth tigers OR griffons it's really up to you. Anything is up for grabs, INCLUDING NOT FOLLOWING THE CHALLENGE PARAMETERS AT ALL.

See, the main point of the challenge is really the reunion aspect, where all these great authors pick two days a month (one near the middle and one at the end) to show up back here and resume the great camaraderie and encouragement that characterized this place back in the day.  So even if you're like "Who the hell is Aerosmith?"  Or "What the hell is a duck-billed platypus?"  You can still write a parody about whatever the hell you want, show up, and know that there will most likely be an amazingly receptive  potential audience for your work, especially provided you're one of those brilliant people who understand that Golden Rule thing.  So have fun, good luck, and we'll see you there!

Subject: Re: AMIRIGHT REUNION: AEROSMITH’S ANIMAL ADVENTURES - DUE JULY 31st

Written By: Matthias on 06/30/18 at 8:43 am

Peter - On their newest album they have a song called “Can’t Stop Lovin’ You”  ;) You know what to do lol

Written By: K1chyd on 06/30/18 at 8:51 am

Peter - On their newest album they have a song called “Can’t Stop Lovin’ You”  ;) You know what to do lol

That would be sheep and tawdry - I'm thinking "Doves in an elevator" - a classy parody about a guy who has to duck bombings from overfeed birds. 8)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 06/30/18 at 11:18 am

That would be sheep and tawdry - I'm thinking "Doves in an elevator" - a classy parody about a guy who has to duck bombings from overfeed birds. 8)

"Sheep and tawdry"? That's a good one. Makes me think of "for all intensive purposes" and "it's a doggie dog world".  Or another good one, "what am I, chopped slivers?".  ;D

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/30/18 at 6:30 pm

Under the sea
Under the sea
Once "Sweet Emotion"
Soon "Evil Ocean"
You will all see!
Almost typed "sea" but that's a pun
And I hate unintentional ones
I think I'm done here
Bye for a month here
Under the sea

Written By: K1chyd on 07/08/18 at 11:26 am

"Sheep and tawdry"? That's a good one. Makes me think of "for all intensive purposes" and "it's a doggie dog world".  Or another good one, "what am I, chopped slivers?".  ;D

I've come up with something different before starting - so you can have "Doves/Ducks in an elevator" if you want to.

Gonna be using "Janie's got a gun" methinks.

Written By: K1chyd on 07/30/18 at 12:00 pm

"Daisy bats at gnats" has been submitted. Daisy really doesn't like mosquitos, and then (of course) things get out of hand...

As a bonus you get "Menopause killed her streak at the bar" to "Video killed the radio star". One of those "I can't believe that title has never been done before" ideas that just begged to be written. Thanks YouTube for constantly suggesting it for a listen while I was repeatedly playing "Janie's got a gun".

Written By: Matthias on 07/30/18 at 3:16 pm

Not sure if your song is about cats but mine is...

"Knocked It Off The Ledge"

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FnItxRovc0Y/hqdefault.jpg

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/31/18 at 9:08 am

It completely fell out of my mind that the date was TODAY, not August 1. (I hate my brain sometimes). Regardless, you will see my submission tomorrow.

Written By: K1chyd on 08/01/18 at 12:41 pm

It completely fell out of my mind that the date was TODAY, not August 1. (I hate my brain sometimes). Regardless, you will see my submission tomorrow.

And with no update today (at least not so far) I guess you'll have to take comfort you're probably not the only one.

Pure speculation from my side for now - but with only six entrants Tuesday I guess there's a fair chance several will come Friday instead. We've kinda established that date with OWNs, some spill over might be expected.

Check for new replies or respond here...