inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AWWWWW-LICE COOPER (October's Amiright Reunion)

Written By: Matthias on 09/28/18 at 3:26 pm

ARTIST = Alice Cooper
TOPIC = Cuteness (Unicorns, Puppies, Babies & Etc.)

This challenge originated in the TOP SECRET SONG PARODY FACEBOOK GROUP that everybody knows about. The first one went really well, so we're going to start advertising here and on the front page so that people not in the group can participate as well. Anyone with questions can leave them here or in the comment section of the Events Page notification. Or in the comment section of one of my parodies, I'll definitely see that haha. Okay. So the main thing to know is that the parodies should appear on AmiRight on Wednesday, October 31st, so they should be submitted Tuesday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever wish you could travel back in time to the Golden Age of AmiRight? Well gas up your DeLorean, because we know exactly when lightning is gonna strike the clock tower! On Wednesday, October 31st, a crapload of AmiRight blasts from the pasts will all be showing up back at their old stomping grounds for Awwwww-lice Cooper - In honor of everything adorable and cute... The challenge is to parody any song by the Godfather of Shock Rock: Alice Cooper and make it about something to do with things that little 6 year old girls love like Unicorns OR Puppies and Kitties OR Laughing Babies it's really up to you. Anything is up for grabs, INCLUDING NOT FOLLOWING THE CHALLENGE PARAMETERS AT ALL.

See, the main point of the challenge is really the reunion aspect, where all these great authors pick one day a month to show up back here and resume the great camaraderie and encouragement that characterized this place back in the day. So even if you're like "Who the hell is Alice Cooper?" Or "What the hell is My Little Pony?!" You can still write a parody about whatever the hell you want, show up, and know that there will most likely be an amazingly receptive potential audience for your work, especially provided you're one of those brilliant people who understand that Golden Rule thing. So have fun, good luck, and we'll see you there!

Subject: Re: AWWWWW-LICE COOPER (October's Amiright Reunion)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/28/18 at 7:25 pm

So even if you're like "Who the hell is Alice Cooper?" Or "What the hell is My Little Pony?!"

I wasn't gonna go there but, well...*looks at my avatar*...*looks at your quip*...now I feel obligated. Coming at High Spoopy Time, I turn "No More Mr. Nice Guy" into "Ponies Are My Life, Guys"!

Written By: Matthias on 09/28/18 at 8:56 pm

I think I’m going to turn “Poison” into “Princess” about becoming a Disney Princess

Written By: K1chyd on 09/30/18 at 12:20 pm

I think I’m going to turn “Poison” into “Princess” about becoming a Disney Princess

That OS is much, much harder than it looks/sounds. I posted a parody of it in 2014 (but I sure didn't start writing it that year, by then it was already one of my long time projects that I stubbornly couldn't give up on).

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/alicecooper8.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 10/11/18 at 6:55 pm

Thanks Abbott...  >:(

This is the hardest Amiright Reunion. I love Alice Cooper but coming up with something cute to pick fun at is a very difficult task...

A few ideas I've been kicking around...

1. "Ride My Unicorn" to "Feed My Frankenstein"
AND
2. "Princess" to "Poison"

But my mind is a blank on this one...

Written By: K1chyd on 10/13/18 at 9:50 am

A brainstorming session might be in order then:

"Still a little Good Boy" to "No more Mr Nice Guy" (Big dog is still like a pup)
"Pup, pup, pups" to "Chop, Chop, Chop" (Cute puppies en masse)
"We've no claws" to "We're all Clones" (Cute newborn kittens)
"It's back, the kitty has come home" to "He's back, the man behind the mask"

Written By: Matthias on 10/13/18 at 6:50 pm

I could also do “He’ll Snack (The Bear With Honey Stashed)” about Winnie the Pooh

Written By: K1chyd on 10/13/18 at 11:36 pm

I think I myself will switch to the last one on the list above. Been working on "The purr of cats" to "The World needs guts", but not enjoying either the writing process or what I have so far (beyond the title switch).

Written By: Matthias on 10/14/18 at 9:48 am

I think I myself will switch to the last one on the list above. Been working on "The purr of cats" to "The World needs guts", but not enjoying either the writing process or what I have so far (beyond the title switch).

You could also bring back the Smurf parodies with “We’re Smurfs: Tiny Blue Guys” to “No More Mr. Nice Guy” because smurfs are adorable

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 10/14/18 at 8:56 pm

Hola everyone!
So my first forray back into parody writing (in almost two years!)...and halfway through the month, I think I finally have an idea. I'm gonna go with "Feed My Frankenstien" and tackle everyones glittery, neon, cutesy animal collection: "Lisa Frank Supplies"

Written By: Matthias on 10/15/18 at 12:28 pm

Turning an adorable cartoon character into a honey addicted crackhead... Or would that be a honeyhead?!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/10/Winniethepooh.png/220px-Winniethepooh.png

"He'll Snack (The Bear Who's Honey Smashed)" is coming at the end of the month...

Written By: K1chyd on 10/23/18 at 1:06 pm

I posted about this thread to the Amiright News just now. Should be up tomorrow Wednesday. Sort of a one week notice for it, but to avoid confusion I headlined it "Come one, come all, Oct 31" - first thing that came to mind. Now I just gotta complete my own parody so I don't miss it myself, it's been a busy month so far.

Written By: K1chyd on 10/28/18 at 12:14 pm

Ready for Wednesday I am, gonna post "She's back (the pussy has come home)" and as a kinda Halloween themed bonus I'll throw in "I'm stirring the kettle" to Bleachers' "I wanna get better", the OS Matthias retracted from One Week Notice because it was too hard for that short timeframe.

Written By: Matthias on 10/28/18 at 12:20 pm

Ready for Wednesday I am, gonna post "She's back (the pussy has come home)" and as a kinda Halloween themed bonus I'll throw in "I'm stirring the kettle" to Bleachers' "I wanna get better", the OS Matthias retracted from One Week Notice because it was too hard for that short timeframe.

Oooooh!! That’ll be cool to see!!

Check for new replies or respond here...