inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ZZ Movember (November's Amiright Reunion)

Written By: K1chyd on 10/30/18 at 12:44 pm

ARTIST = ZZ TOP
TOPIC = Beards (Beard. Facial hair. Your favorite bearded historical figure. Your favorite love/hate movie villain with a goatee. The great Irish razor shortage of 1737. The funny history about your grandmas beard. Grow it like a Guru 101. Etc).

This challenge originated in the TOP SECRET SONG PARODY FACEBOOK GROUP that everybody knows about. The first one went really well, so we're going to start advertising here and on the front page so that people not in the group can participate as well. Anyone with questions can leave them here or in the comment section of the Events Page notification. Or in the comment section of one of my parodies, I'll definitely see that haha. Okay. So the main thing to know is that the parodies should appear on AmiRight on Friday, November 30, so they should be submitted Thursday. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever wish you could travel back in time to the Golden Age of AmiRight? Well gas up your DeLorean, because we know exactly when lightning is gonna strike the clock tower! On Friday, November 30, a razor-sharp bunch of AmiRight beardos from the pasts will all be showing up back at their old stomping grounds for ZZ Movember - In honor of everything bearded. Women and newbies are welcome too. The challenge is to parody any song by the ZZ TOP and somehow work a bearded angle into it. Anything is up for grabs, INCLUDING NOT FOLLOWING THE CHALLENGE PARAMETERS AT ALL. 

See, the main point of the challenge is really the reunion aspect, where all these great authors pick one day a month to show up back here and resume the great camaraderie and encouragement that characterized this place back in the day. So even if you're like "Who the hell are ZZ TOP?" Or "What the hell is a goatee?" You can still write a parody about whatever the hell you want, show up, and know that there will most likely be an amazingly receptive potential audience for your work, especially provided you're one of those brilliant people who understand that Golden Rule thing. So have fun, good luck, and we'll see you there!

Subject: Re: ZZ Movember (November's Amiright Reunion)

Written By: Matthias on 10/30/18 at 2:36 pm

I want to do a parody of Charlie Chaplin getting mistaken for Adolf Hitler and setting it to the song "DoubleBack" (Since it's included in "Back to the Future Part III")

"(Why Does My) Troubled 'Stash (Offend)"

https://images.theconversation.com/files/183003/original/file-20170822-22283-omfhs6.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=926&fit=clip

Written By: ThaConqueror on 10/30/18 at 6:15 pm

I shall also go the moustache route, but less "evil" and more "...eeeurgh"

https://media1.tenor.com/images/90a117bf457603951286d22d8edd6530/tenor.gif?itemid=5479706

"Creepy 'Stache" (set to the tune of "Sleeping Bag") will be stalking your way in four weeks!

Written By: Matthias on 10/30/18 at 7:23 pm

Oooh yeah! John Waters would also be a good choice!

Written By: K1chyd on 11/18/18 at 3:03 am

Time to commit: I'm gonna do "Can't stop shaving" to "Can't stop rocking"

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/19/18 at 8:21 am

I recently acquired their Chrome, Smoke & BBQ box set, so I will have no excuse for not getting SOMETHING in this time!

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/19/18 at 8:22 am

To get into the spirit, here is an appropriate song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQIgfwSxmVc

Written By: K1chyd on 11/20/18 at 11:01 pm

To get into the spirit, here is an appropriate song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQIgfwSxmVc

Bette Davis Eyes
ZZ Top Beard
Bob Dylan Blues
Happy Birthday Leonid Brezhnev
Moves Like Jagger

Might be a theme somewhere such titles...

Written By: annimal on 11/21/18 at 11:04 am

Maybe I can do a ZZTop parody using an OS I haven't used yet

Written By: Matthias on 11/23/18 at 3:07 pm

Next month I nominated Kiss songs about Christmas! Merry Kiss-mas!

Written By: K1chyd on 11/25/18 at 8:42 am

Next month I nominated Kiss songs about Christmas! Merry Kiss-mas!

That's an idea with potential, I'm already thinking of turning "I was made for loving you" into "I was made for gifting you", or "I was made for gifting ewe" depending on how hardcore Christmas fan I wanna be, he-eh.

Written By: Matthias on 11/25/18 at 11:59 am

That's an idea with potential, I'm already thinking of turning "I was made for loving you" into "I was made for gifting you", or "I was made for gifting ewe" depending on how hardcore Christmas fan I wanna be, he-eh.

“Mistletoe Delight, I’ll Get To Kiss Each Babe”
To “Rock N Roll All Nite (And Party Everyday)”
About a creepy single guy who wants to score himself a Christmas hottie...

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/28/18 at 4:05 pm

I shall also go the moustache route, but less "evil" and more "...eeeurgh"

https://media1.tenor.com/images/90a117bf457603951286d22d8edd6530/tenor.gif?itemid=5479706

"Creepy 'Stache" (set to the tune of "Sleeping Bag") will be stalking your way in four weeks!

Oh dear, I completed mine with Sleeping Bag, but in a whole different direction!  ::) . I didn't see your post before, but i'm not going to make another one!  ;D

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/28/18 at 9:57 pm

Oh dear, I completed mine with Sleeping Bag, but in a whole different direction!  ::) . I didn't see your post before, but i'm not going to make another one!  ;D

I haven't written mine yet (I only write parodies in advance if I know I'll be busy the next day...or if I feel like getting a head start on a rap number) but I'm gonna stay the course. I mean, am I supposed to write a parody of a song not on my 72 page Word document list of songs to parody? That's crazy talk!

Written By: Matthias on 11/29/18 at 4:12 pm

Didn't realize that the last day of the month is tomorrow! My parody is written! Submitting it now!

Check for new replies or respond here...