inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fantasy Television (January 2019's Amiright Reunion)

Written By: Matthias on 01/03/19 at 6:28 pm

ARTIST = Fantasy
TOPIC = TV Theme Songs

This challenge originated in the TOP SECRET SONG PARODY FACEBOOK GROUP that everybody knows about. The first one went really well, so we're going to start advertising here and on the front page so that people not in the group can participate as well. Anyone with questions can leave them here or in the comment section of the Events Page notification. Or in the comment section of one of my parodies, I'll definitely see that haha. Okay. So the main thing to know is that the parodies should appear on AmiRight on Thursday, January 31st so they should be submitted Wednesday (January 30th)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever wish you could travel back in time to the Golden Age of AmiRight? Well gas up your DeLorean, because we know exactly when lightning is gonna strike the clock tower! On Thursday, January 31st a crapload of AmiRight blasts from the pasts will all be showing up back at their old stomping grounds for "Fantasy Television" - In honor of everything both Mystical and Magical... The challenge is to parody any song by any of your favorite Television Theme Songs and make it about something to do with Fairytales and Daydreams like Harry Potter's Quidditch Jock Itch OR a Dragon Drag Queen OR Sir Lancelot's Bad Hangover After The Crusades it's really up to you. Anything is up for grabs, INCLUDING NOT FOLLOWING THE CHALLENGE PARAMETERS AT ALL.

See, the main point of the challenge is really the reunion aspect, where all these great authors pick one day a month to show up back here and resume the great camaraderie and encouragement that characterized this place back in the day. So even if you're like "What the hell is that TV Theme Song from?!" Or "Who the hell is Shrek?!" You can still write a parody about whatever the hell you want, show up, and know that there will most likely be an amazingly receptive potential audience for your work, especially provided you're one of those brilliant people who understand that Golden Rule thing. So have fun, good luck, and we'll see you there!

Subject: Re: Fantasy Television (January 2019's Amiright Reunion)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/03/19 at 8:28 pm

I was literally just about to send you a personal message regarding an implication in the Merry Kissmas thread about the possible end of the Amiright Reunion - glad to see it's still gonna go on (I've set aside about 40 songs in my big list of songs to parody for possible future rounds). For this one, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it, but I"m gonna go with Jesse Frederick's "Everywhere You Look" a.k.a the theme to Full House. See y'all in a month!

Written By: Matthias on 01/05/19 at 9:04 am

Maybe I'll do "Believe in Yourself" the theme song to the kid's show Arthur called "Let's Free The House Elves" (About Hermonie Granger wanting to free all the overworked and underpaid Hogwarts house elves)

This would also be the 1st Ziggy Marley parody on Amiright.com! (Could have used this one for "One Week Notice"... BTW: I really want to bring this back!)

https://i.etsystatic.com/6337194/r/il/9b3d51/391821677/il_570xN.391821677_lmqa.jpg

Written By: Matthias on 01/05/19 at 4:25 pm

I was literally just about to send you a personal message regarding an implication in the Merry Kissmas thread about the possible end of the Amiright Reunion - glad to see it's still gonna go on (I've set aside about 40 songs in my big list of songs to parody for possible future rounds). For this one, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it, but I"m gonna go with Jesse Frederick's "Everywhere You Look" a.k.a the theme to Full House. See y'all in a month!

You could do "Fairy Tale Book" to this EASY!!!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/06/19 at 4:55 pm

You could do "Fairy Tale Book" to this EASY!!!

That's pretty much the same thing I thought of the other night, though I went with "Mystic Fairy Book" for better internal rhymes. Thanks for the help, though :D

Written By: Matthias on 01/27/19 at 8:59 am

COMING SOON!!!

Who’s all in on this one???

Written By: K1chyd on 01/27/19 at 11:12 am

COMING SOON!!!

Who’s all in on this one???

I'll post something fantasyrelated at least I hope.

Hmm... Can you post a reminder to the front page news section of Amiright too?

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/29/19 at 10:58 am

dammit...nearly forgot...I will get on it...

Due to the freakish winter gale coming through the midwest tomorrow and Thursday, I might not be able to submit it in time.

Written By: K1chyd on 01/31/19 at 9:37 am

Well, I made the right date, albeit not totally within the requested parameters:

"Cosplayed Everything"
http://www.amiright.com/parody/2010s/theinterrupters0.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 01/31/19 at 1:00 pm

Hey Peter! Here's the "Arthur" theme song that I used-
I repeated it to create and extended version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b53WaK71sMM

Check for new replies or respond here...