inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Return of O.W.N.=Week 1 = "Start Wearing Purple" - Gogol Bordello (Due 3/29/19)

Written By: Matthias on 03/21/19 at 8:56 am

Sooooooo... I've been out of the parody game for a little while now

I need something to inspire myself again

I think I'm going to reboot the "One Week Notice" challenge... I might do it for myself unless other people are interested

The 1st song I'm going to start with is
"Start Wearing Purple"
by
Gogol Bordello
(Because this is a band that looked interesting but we didn't get to play around with in Artistry 2)

- Artist = GOGOL BORDELLO
- Song = "START WEARING PURPLE"
- Year = 2006

Youtube Video = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6IJfo4q1zk

- Lyrics =

Start wearing purple, wearing purple
Start wearing purple for me now
All your sanity and wits, they will all vanish
I promise, it's just a matter of time

So yeah, ha

I know you since you were a twenty, I was twenty,
and thought that some years from now
a purple little little lady will be perfect
for dirty old and useless clown

So yeah, ha

I know it all from Diogenes to the Foucault
from lozhechkin to Passepartout
I ya klyanusʹ, obossav dva palʹtsa,
chto muzyka poshla ot "Zvukov MU"!

I promise, it's just a matter of time...

So yeah, uh ah uh ah

So why don't you start wearing purple
why don't you start wearing purple
Start wearing the purple for me now!

So Vio-vio-violetta! Étta! Va-va-va-vaya dama ty moya! Ékh podaĭte nam karetu, vot étu, I my poedem k ebenyam!

So yeah, ah, Start wearing purple, wearing purple

DUE = 3/29/2019

Subject: Re: Return of O.W.N.=Week 1 = "Start Wearing Purple" - Gogol Bordello (Due 3/29/19)

Written By: Matthias on 03/21/19 at 12:04 pm

Change of plans...

Gonna do "Stop Mailin' Nermal" (Jon's cry to Garfield)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/garfield/images/d/dc/FIRST_CLASS_FELINE.png/revision/latest?cb=20171109044309

Subject: Re: Return of O.W.N.=Week 1 = "Start Wearing Purple" - Gogol Bordello (Due 3/29/19)

Written By: K1chyd on 03/22/19 at 11:33 am

I promise to read next Friday, but it's unlikely I'll be able to write one myself.

Kudos for trying though, anything to keep Amiright going is good, I'm still casting an eye there every now and then. I have been thinking about writing something new myself, but it's been hard with a new old new job yet AGAIN! :-)

Also thinking along the lines of trying to restart the Reunions next or nextnext month. How about maybe calling it "Casual Friday" or "Casual Reunion Friday"? Like the Reunions, for the last Friday of every month, but without any encouraged specific artist or theme at all from the start?

Written By: Matthias on 03/26/19 at 7:15 am

The hard part of parodying this song is the foreign language bits

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/28/19 at 8:23 am

Submitted. Not giving anything away.

I did have some fun with the Ukrainian parts, and even threw in some Spanish, as Gogol Bordello sometimes does.

Written By: Matthias on 03/28/19 at 8:57 am

Submitted. Not giving anything away.

I did have some fun with the Ukrainian parts, and even threw in some Spanish, as Gogol Bordello sometimes does.

Still struggling with the foreign language but I can't wait to read yours Aggy even if I can't finish mine

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/28/19 at 9:11 am

Still struggling with the foreign language but I can't wait to read yours Aggy even if I can't finish mine

Oh man, I hope you can. If you can find near-rhymes for "purple", then it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for the rest. :). Truth be told, those sections are the least effective parts of my parody, but I am happy with what I did with them.

Written By: Matthias on 03/28/19 at 11:06 am

Whew! That was hard!
Mine will be up tomorrow too!

Written By: K1chyd on 03/29/19 at 12:48 pm

I never got beyond the rather crappy title switch idea "Stop being fertile" - about a man begging his wife to please not have any more kids.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/02/19 at 2:27 am

Never heard of the song nor artist, but I might do, "We're Ninja Turtles."  ;D I can't even remember the last parody I did unless it was Magic (School) Bus.

Edit 1: My most recent parody was Suspiria (Sussudio).

Edit 2: Oh. I didn't see the date. But the idea is just too good to pass up.

Written By: Matthias on 04/02/19 at 9:09 am

Never heard of the song nor artist, but I might do, "We're Ninja Turtles."  ;D I can't even remember the last parody I did unless it was Magic (School) Bus.

Edit 1: My most recent parody was Suspiria (Sussudio).

Edit 2: Oh. I didn't see the date. But the idea is just too good to pass up.

Feel free to join in!!

Check for new replies or respond here...