inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Return of O.W.N. = Week 3 = Monkey Wrench" - Foo Fighters (4/12/2019)

Written By: Matthias on 04/04/19 at 8:03 am

The Foo Fighters have been parodied several times on Amiright in the past. I, myself, have parodied them a couple times already BUT this song has never been touched yet and it's a great song that gamers might be familiar with because it was used in several video games including Guitar Hero II, DJ Hero, Rock Band and Band Hero.

SONG TITLE = "Monkey Wrench"
ARTIST = Foo Fighters
YEAR = 1997
YOUTUBE = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKp5v588-Vs

What have we done with innocence
It disappeared with time
It never made much sense
Adolescent resident
Wasting another night on planning my revenge

One in ten

Don't wanna be your monkey wrench
One more indecent accident
I'd rather leave than suffer this
I'll never be your monkey wrench

All this time to make amends
What do you do when all your enemies are friends
Now and then I'll try to bend
Under pressure
Wind up snapping in the end

One in ten

Temper

One last thing before I quit
I never wanted any more than I could fit into my head
I still remember every single word you said
And all the sheesh that somehow came along with it
Still there's one thing that comforts me
Since I was always caged and now I'm free

(fall in fall out)

DUE = 4/12/2019

Subject: Re: Return of O.W.N. = Week 3 = Monkey Wrench" - Foo Fighters (4/12/2019)

Written By: K1chyd on 04/04/19 at 8:54 am

This one was on my running playlist back when before I knew I had a running playlist. Might even have tried to pen something based on it way back when a noob. Can't remember what though, so the attempt must have failed quick. I'll be in if I can come up with something over the weekend. It's a great heavy metal anthem!

Subject: Re: Return of O.W.N. = Week 3 = Monkey Wrench" - Foo Fighters (4/12/2019)

Written By: Matthias on 04/04/19 at 10:55 am

To those reading the lyrics Inthe00s replaces sh*t with sheesh so keep that in mind

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/05/19 at 11:45 am

Judi Dench comes to mind first.  :D

Written By: Matthias on 04/05/19 at 1:13 pm

Judi Dench comes to mind first.  :D

That’s a great title sub!

Written By: Matthias on 04/08/19 at 1:13 pm

My parody is done...

It was actually really easy - "FUNKY STENCH" will be up on Friday!

https://resources.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/o/e/r/q/w/image.related.StuffLandscapeSixteenByNine.710x400.1oerpb.png/1518741040298.jpg

Written By: K1chyd on 04/10/19 at 1:04 pm

Working on "Making Friends", if I can find an hour to polish/vary the choruses and the third verse tomorrow I'll be in. And yes, that's quite an ambiguous title, I know. 8)

Written By: Matthias on 04/10/19 at 2:55 pm

Working on "Making Friends", if I can find an hour to polish/vary the choruses and the third verse tomorrow I'll be in. And yes, that's quite an ambiguous title, I know. 8)

Hope to see you guys there!!

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/11/19 at 8:49 am

Sorry, Matt, it isn't happening from me this week. Too much IRL stuff.

Written By: K1chyd on 04/11/19 at 11:44 am

Well, I'm in, but "Making Friends" is not about the making of the 90s series, though a Chandler IRL reference might have held it's own towards the end had there been room for it, he-he!

Written By: Matthias on 04/11/19 at 12:13 pm

Well, I'm in, but "Making Friends" is not about the making of the 90s series, though a Chandler IRL reference might have held it's own towards the end had there been room for it, he-he!

I kind of want a parody about the Making of the show Friends now lol

Check for new replies or respond here...