inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Return of O.W.N. = Week 5 = "Hold Me Tight" (The Beatles) (DUE = 4/26/2019)

Written By: Matthias on 04/18/19 at 11:33 am

This week we're discovering the little talked about classic rock band from the U.K. called "The Beatles". Don't know why they decided to name themselves after a bunch of bugs but maybe Papa Roach knows...  ;)

SONG TITLE = "Hold Me Tight"
ARTIST = The Beatles
YEAR = 1963
YOUTUBE = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H42Ou13za30

It feels so right now
Hold me tight
Tell me I'm the only one
And then I might
Never be the lonely one

So hold (hold) me tight (me tight)
Tonight (tonight), tonight (tonight)
It's you
You, you, you

Hold me tight
Let me go on loving you
Tonight, tonight
Making love to only you

It's you
You, you, you

Don't know
What it means to hold you tight
Being here alone tonight with you

It feels so right now
Hold me tight
Tell me I'm the only one
And then I might
Never be the lonely one

A-tonight (tonight), tonight (tonight)
It's you
You, you, you

Don't know
What it means to hold you tight
Being here alone tonight with you

It feels so right now
Hold me tight
Let me go on loving you
Tonight, tonight
Making love to only you

So hold (hold) a-me tight (me tight)
It's you
You, you, you

DUE = 4/26/2019

Subject: Re: Return of O.W.N. = Week 5 = "Hold Me Tight" (The Beatles) (DUE = 4/26/2019)

Written By: Matthias on 04/23/19 at 10:24 am

"SCOLD THESE TYKES" is coming Friday

(This song is much more challenging than I originally gave it credit for because it's so repetitive!)

Subject: Re: Return of O.W.N. = Week 5 = "Hold Me Tight" (The Beatles) (DUE = 4/26/2019)

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/25/19 at 8:46 am

Parody writing just wasn't in my field of vision this week, and frankly I don't when or if it will be. Sorry Matty--I do really appreciate your efforts in keeping up the community spirit.

Written By: Matthias on 04/25/19 at 9:10 am

Parody writing just wasn't in my field of vision this week, and frankly I don't when or if it will be. Sorry Matty--I do really appreciate your efforts in keeping up the community spirit.

That's alright. I'm doing it purely to keep my skills up. If anybody else wants to join me they can. Hopefully you can join in eventually.

Written By: K1chyd on 04/25/19 at 10:28 am

(This song is much more challenging than I originally gave it credit for because it's so repetitive!)

I just had a last minute idea that might thrive on that tediousness, giving two hours now to see if it works out, don't expect a masterpiece (if I even manage to finish it at all).

Is it just me or does the "hold, hold me tight" make this song sound like an early demo or last minute studio album filler for "love, love me do"?

Written By: K1chyd on 04/25/19 at 12:09 pm

I'm in! "Muscovites!" will be up tomorrow. I'll throw in a subtitle to help people see it's to be sung by none other than HRC! Expect this one to be hit with a record number of 111s, probably some of them but not all deserved. :( Sad!

Written By: Matthias on 04/25/19 at 3:35 pm

I'm in! "Muscovites!" will be up tomorrow. I'll throw in a subtitle to help people see it's to be sung by none other than HRC! Expect this one to be hit with a record number of 111s, probably some of them but not all deserved. :( Sad!

What's HRC??

Written By: K1chyd on 04/25/19 at 11:01 pm

What's HRC??

Hillary Rodham Clinton!

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/26/19 at 4:26 pm

HRC=the sound a Republican makes whenever they hear her name.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...