inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ABCs of parodies rules and questions about rules thread

Written By: EthanM on 05/20/04 at 9:42 pm

i felt i have to clear a few things up. First of all my first penalty system was too harsh you don't have to sit out any rounds unless i say so in the penalty thread that will be created when necessary. Second of all the deadline for entries and voting has been moved to sunday at 10 PM EST until i feel the need to change it again for whatever reason. Thirdly, winning 2 rounds means you can't win anymore but you're still allowed to enter parodies for the exposure. Same rules apply to the temporarily disqualified due to voting problems. Ok that's it for now

Subject: Re: ABCs of parodies rules and questions about rules thread

Written By: MooRocca on 05/21/04 at 10:19 am

I was looking over my parodies list the other day and I've got three G songs suitable for entry and thought I might like to enter one of them if it looks like I"ll be able to set aside a good chunk of time for the voting process.  Problem is,  I haven't participated in any of the other rounds, yet.  Can I just enter that round or would I need to vote in a previous round, first?

Written By: jreuben on 05/21/04 at 12:44 pm

MooRocca,

I did not enter the A round because I didn't have an A parody.  So, I believe you can enter as many or as few rounds as you wish, as long as you vote in that particular round.

-Jeff

Written By: EthanM on 05/21/04 at 2:29 pm

jef is right... anyone may enter unless i say otherwise

Written By: MooRocca on 05/21/04 at 4:17 pm

Ahhh, OK!  Thanks Jeff and Ethan!

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/21/04 at 9:41 pm

Ethan,

Just wanted to double-check with you whether it's okay for me to change the song that I want to enter in the upcoming round E week.

At first I had selected "Ear Doctor" as my round E entry - but I have since changed my mind ..... my round E entry is now "The Erection of Edmund Fitzgerald", as can be seen on the round E thread.

Was it okay for me to make that change?

Thanks

Johnny D :)

Written By: Claude_Prez on 05/21/04 at 9:49 pm

Many thanks to Ethan, Spaff, Johnny, and, well, everyone else for letting me play still.  Ironically all my best stuff was at the beginning of the alphabet so I doubt I'd have done that well anyway (honest; you could look it up).  Also, I don't even have an "E" song.  Well, I don't right now, anyway; I happened to have one almost ready so if Chucky updates this w/e I'll just make the Sunday night deadline.  Anyway, thanks again all.

Written By: EthanM on 05/21/04 at 10:07 pm

i've changed my entry twice... changing is fine as long as you meet the deadline

Written By: STG on 06/03/04 at 11:00 pm

hey,
I'm sorry if I couldn't participate. I had my grandma die, my friends graduate, and my job (Edy's icecream/nightshift) is tiring.
so I'm gonna try to participate, b/c I at least wanna see if I can get a song on there.

Written By: John Jenkins on 06/04/04 at 8:26 am

hey,
I'm sorry if I couldn't participate. I had my grandma die, my friends graduate, and my job (Edy's icecream/nightshift) is tiring.
so I'm gonna try to participate, b/c I at least wanna see if I can get a song on there.

Sorry to read about your grandmother, STG.  You're right - there are many things more important than parody writing.  Peace be with you.

Written By: Spaff.com on 06/10/04 at 8:07 pm

Hey E-thang,

Does getting kicked off the island mean I can't vote anymore? 'Cuz I just made it through the G string and I'm ready to fire away.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/10/04 at 8:45 pm

I just made it through the G string and I'm ready to fire away.

xoxox
Spaff

Mighty Spaff, some musical accompaniment to celebrate your passage through the G string:

http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?clipid=008245401030006900&cid=600111

Written By: EthanM on 06/10/04 at 8:54 pm

anyone who has entered a song in the competition is allowed to vote even if you can't win anymore

Written By: Leo Jay on 06/24/04 at 1:43 pm

Ok, duh, I'll ask a stupid question...

Parodies whose titles begin with 'The...' and 'A...' don't really count as 'T's and 'A's, right?  So even if, for example, I happened to title my parody "The Rack of Edwina Fitzgerald" I can still enter that in the 'R' round, right?

Written By: EthanM on 06/24/04 at 2:38 pm

Ok, duh, I'll ask a stupid question...

Parodies whose titles begin with 'The...' and 'A...' don't really count as 'T's and 'A's, right?  So even if, for example, I happened to title my parody "The Rack of Edwina Fitzgerald" I can still enter that in the 'R' round, right?

that would have to go in the "r" round because "the" doesn't count alphabetically in this contest but the article "a" does

Written By: jreuben on 06/24/04 at 3:06 pm

That was the most boring question about T and A I've ever seen  ;D

Written By: Leo Jay on 06/24/04 at 3:34 pm

... "the" doesn't count alphabetically in this contest but the article "a" does

'A' does?  Interesting.  Thanks. 

Anyway, all you guys with tons of parodies on your lists, be sure to check your 'The...'s when looking for stuff to submit for each round...

Written By: adagio on 06/24/04 at 3:43 pm

So, Ethan, this parody begins with a "T" but only has one word..."Theef". Would that actually go under T's or where?  http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/threedognight22.shtml

Written By: Leo Jay on 06/24/04 at 3:53 pm

So, Ethan, this parody begins with a "T" but only has one word..."Theef". Would that actually go under T's or where?   http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/threedognight22.shtml

Well, I guess if it were "The Ef", the lament of a good and virtuous letter despairing over constantly being associated with vulgarity, it would go in the 'E' round.  But at it is, I guess it's a 'T'.

Written By: adagio on 06/24/04 at 3:56 pm

Thanks, ETHAN!  ;D  ;) (I know, Leo)

Written By: Leo Jay on 06/25/04 at 1:45 pm

That was the most boring question about T and A I've ever seen  ;D

What, you don't like questions about titleation?

Written By: jreuben on 06/25/04 at 2:53 pm

I was thinking of a different type of T and A :)

Written By: Spaff.com on 07/02/04 at 7:17 pm

titleation

Heh heh.

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...