inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm done with these contests for a while

Written By: EthanM on 08/20/04 at 12:15 pm

school is starting up again so i don't really have time to run contests and read all the entries anymore. I might write a parody if i get a good idea but i'm forefeiting all the contests that i'm in now. If anyone wants to take over the abcs or sotm 2000s or both go ahead

Subject: Re: I'm done with these contests for a while

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/21/04 at 3:40 pm

Gulp! :o  Paging Claude?  It can't be me...I do this at the office, don't want to get fired spending too much time on this.

Written By: Claude_Prez on 08/21/04 at 10:38 pm

Gulp! :o  Paging Claude?  It can't be me...I do this at the office, don't want to get fired spending too much time on this.

I've been a little preoccupied with other stuff lately as it is--I'm basically committed to the SOTM and plan to continue participating in it, but I'd prefer to avoid taking on any more.  If people want the other contests to go on, I have every confidence that someone will eventually step up--it's really not all THAT much work.  I especially would like to see the 2000s SOTM take off; I think it's a great idea.  Maybe one of our younger members will take the initiative there.

Written By: MysteryGoat on 08/22/04 at 1:51 am

I actually wouldn't mind taking on the ABC's, however the only problem I can see is that I wasn't exactly punctual with the last two letters.  :-\\  Even though sunday isn't exactly a busy day for me to tally the votes and start a new thread, doesn't mean i'm going to remember it before tuesday.

Written By: Claude_Prez on 08/22/04 at 8:19 am

I actually wouldn't mind taking on the ABC's, however the only problem I can see is that I wasn't exactly punctual with the last two letters.  :-\\  Even though sunday isn't exactly a busy day for me to tally the votes and start a new thread, doesn't mean i'm going to remember it before tuesday.

It doesn't even necessarily have to be one person.  My guess is that plenty of people would be willing to do it on any given week but no one wants to commit to every week, and no one wants to step on someone else's toes.  So my thought is that anyone who wants to should go ahead, but it should be clear when the deadlines are so that anytime after 6 pm Sunday (or whenever) anybody may post the voting and entry threads.  If it were me, I'd start by posting a message closing the entry thread so we wouldn't have more than one person gathering up the entries at the same time.  Just a suggestion.

Written By: MooRocca on 08/22/04 at 4:25 pm

I'm too exhausted from work to move from this spot, right now, but I'm too wound from work to take a nap, so I went ahead and put together the voting thread for the "P" round.  I didn't know the rules, so I guessed and I set close for votes at midnight, the end of Sunday Aug 29.  Hopefully, by Monday morning, someone will already have volunteered to do the tally.  If not, I'll try to get to it... probably around 9am, if nothing comes up.  I'm not volunteering to take up the ABCs contest, just getting P round voting going to give more time for someone to step  up to the plate or for us to decide we'll just volunteer for whatever bits and pieces we can do for each round. 

Right now, we need someone to start the Q round and someone to tally the O round.  Anybody... Bueller... ?

Written By: MooRocca on 08/22/04 at 4:28 pm

Oh... and I didn't know what time the entries for the P round close, so if someone enters, this evening, I'll add them to the entries on the voting thread, as soon as I see it and get the info formatted.  Fair enough?  No?  Tough noogies.  :D

Written By: Rick D on 08/22/04 at 5:42 pm

Thanks MooRocca. We'll just wing it, and whoever does the "Q" s gets an easy round. I'm very computer stupid about links and I make silly errors, so I'm afraid of doing it. My energy is better spent on recordings.

Written By: philbo on 08/23/04 at 3:32 pm

Thanks for handling things so far, Ethan

I'll probably have a bit more time by V or W, even though I'm kind of busy at the moment... fortunately, it looks like PaulR's picked up the baton for now

Check for new replies or respond here...