inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Johnny D's Heavy Medals

Written By: Spaff.com on 08/26/04 at 9:19 pm

OK, maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't figure out how to reply in the threads where Johnny Dangle put up all the Olympic-esque medals. So I'll just start a new topic here to say (in my best Elton John voice) HEY HEY JOHNNY! Those are so cool. (I assume you made 'em?) Mind if I steal a couple and put them up on my web site?

xoxox
Spaff

Subject: Re: Johnny D's Heavy Medals

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/26/04 at 9:22 pm

Hi Spaff!  Of course, steal away, steal away!  They are INTENDED TO BE STOLEN AND USED FOR MAXIMUM FUN!  ;D

I locked those threads to preserve them as "trophy cases". 

But everybody is welcome to copy the medals wherever they wish --- please, please do!

Thanks!

JD ;D

Written By: adagio on 08/26/04 at 9:48 pm

I was going to suggest some kind of medal for those that keep entering contests and never winning.  Maybe a nameplate at the bottom with all our names on it.

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/26/04 at 9:55 pm

I was going to suggest some kind of medal for those that keep entering contests and never winning.  Maybe a nameplate at the bottom with all our names on it.

Go for it, Pat! 

Feel free to use any of the medal images I collected as templates if you wish.

Great idea!

JD

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/26/04 at 10:03 pm

A parody of the topic at hand...

Written By: EmiLoca on 08/27/04 at 6:47 am

Oh geez, Johnny...I swear, those looked like funny-colored derrieres before I looked at them more closely.  Not that I do that every time I see a...

GOOD JOB ON THE MEDALS!!!  I actually printed mine out and showed it to my English teacher, who looked at me funny but was simultaneously glad that I was "explanding my horizons".

Or maybe that's because she heard that I tried out for the rugby team.

Written By: adagio on 08/27/04 at 8:02 am

Go for it, Pat! 

Feel free to use any of the medal images I collected as templates if you wish.

Great idea!

JD

...........He says, knowing that I have no idea how.  ;D

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/27/04 at 8:52 am

Oh geez, Johnny...I swear, those looked like funny-colored derrieres before I looked at them more closely.  Not that I do that every time I see a...

GOOD JOB ON THE MEDALS!!!  I actually printed mine out and showed it to my English teacher, who looked at me funny but was simultaneously glad that I was "explanding my horizons".

Or maybe that's because she heard that I tried out for the rugby team.

Thanks, Emi !

I'm glad you like them, they're just meant to be fun.

And..... here's a big WELCOME BACK for YOU !!
;D

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/27/04 at 8:55 am

...........He says, knowing that I have no idea how.  ;D

Honestly, Pat, I did not know that you have no idea how.  But that doesn't mean you can't do it!  If all you have in mind is an Honorable Mention Plaque of some sort, I'm sure you can find some good JPEG's out on the Web to steal and modify....  ;D

Written By: adagio on 08/27/04 at 9:04 am

You're wrong, Pat, I did not know that you have no idea how.  But that doesn't mean you can't do it!  If all you have in mind is an Honorable Mention Plaque of some sort, I'm sure you can find some good JPEG's out on the Web to steal and modify....  ;D

I'm sorry, Johnny...I don't even know how to do that!

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/27/04 at 9:31 am

I'm sorry, Johnny...I don't even know how to do that!

That's okay, Pat, no need to apologize!  I'm constantly discovering that there are things about computers that I still don't know --- and I've been in the field for almost 20 years!

Let's see what folks come up with in this regard.  I do like your idea!  :)

JD

P.S.  I changed "You're wrong, Pat" to "Honestly, Pat" in my previous message here, since I thought "You're wrong" conveyed a harshness I did not intend --- it sounded way too much like John McLaughlin on the TV news talk show "The McLaughlin Group" telling Eleanor Clift that she's "WRONG!"  ;D ;D ;D
http://www.mclaughlin.com/

Written By: adagio on 08/27/04 at 3:05 pm

That's okay, Pat, no need to apologize!  I'm constantly discovering that there are things about computers that I still don't know --- and I've been in the field for almost 20 years!

Let's see what folks come up with in this regard.  I do like your idea!  :)

JD

P.S.  I changed "You're wrong, Pat" to "Honestly, Pat" in my previous message here, since I thought "You're wrong" conveyed a harshness I did not intend --- it sounded way too much like John McLaughlin on the TV news talk show "The McLaughlin Group" telling Eleanor Clift that she's "WRONG!"  ;D ;D ;D
http://www.mclaughlin.com/

I forget the name of it now...just a trophy for the losers, and since there are so many - ______(insert name here)?  eh?
  Btw, it didn't sound harsh at all...I just thought from my laughing smiley that you would know that I knew that you didn't know.....ya know?  ;D (I try to confuse the issue with to many 'knows').

Written By: PRobinson on 08/28/04 at 12:53 am

OK, maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't figure out how to reply in the threads where Johnny Dangle put up all the Olympic-esque medals. So I'll just start a new topic here to say (in my best Elton John voice) HEY HEY JOHNNY! Those are so cool. (I assume you made 'em?) Mind if I steal a couple and put them up on my web site?

xoxox
Spaff

Spaff - I had the same difficulty, so I figured JD must have "locked" the trophy case to keep the "riff-raff" out.  Well, it worked, I couldn't get it in, but I echo your comments on how cool they are.

pr

Written By: PRobinson on 08/28/04 at 12:55 am

I forget the name of it now...just a trophy for the losers, and since there are so many - ______(insert name here)?  eh?
  Btw, it didn't sound harsh at all...I just thought from my laughing smiley that you would know that I knew that you didn't know.....ya know?   ;D (I try to confuse the issue with to many 'knows').

Pat,  do you mean "Honorable Mentions"? 

pr

Written By: adagio on 08/28/04 at 8:29 am

Pat,  do you mean "Honorable Mentions"?   

pr

Could be, Paul.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 08/30/04 at 1:57 am

What ever happened to the Emi awards?

Check for new replies or respond here...