inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Too Many Darn Competitions!

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 10/05/04 at 9:42 pm

OK, this was a problem predicted a few weeks ago, the prophecy now being fulfilled in accordance with the scriptures.

It seems that currently there is a new theme-related competition sprouting up every day, 'saturating the market' so to speak.
This swamping of the board all in one go lessens the enjoyment factor as some would have to read through hundreds of entries in the one week, rushing through them all and not having time to truly enjoy them. 

I move that if you want to start a theme-related competition, please wait until current competitions have finished.

End transmission. :)

Subject: Re: Too Many Darn Competitions!

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 10/05/04 at 9:47 pm

May I suggest one theme-based comp per week? You could list your ideas here and we could poll them to see how popular they will be, so that there aren't just dozens of competitions with three or four entrants.

Written By: Johnny_D on 10/05/04 at 9:47 pm

OK, this was a problem predicted a few weeks ago, the prophecy now being fulfilled in accordance with the scriptures.

It seems that currently there is a new theme-related competition sprouting up every day, 'saturating the market' so to speak.
This swamping of the board all in one go lessens the enjoyment factor as some would have to read through hundreds of entries in the one week, rushing through them all and not having time to truly enjoy them. 

I move that if you want to start a theme-related competition, please wait until current competitions have finished.

End transmission. :)

Well why don't you write a parody about the situation and then sponsor a contest called....

"Amiright Parodies-About-There-Being-Too-Many-Frickin'-Simultaneous-Parody-Contests Contest". 

;D

Written By: Johnny_D on 10/05/04 at 9:50 pm

May I suggest one theme-based comp per week? You could list your ideas here and we could poll them to see how popular they will be, so that there aren't just dozens of competitions with three or four entrants.

Well, speaking for myself, I am sponsoring only 1 contest at a time.

Now that "GROSSEST" is over, I'm sponsoring only the "SCI-FI/FANTASY" contest now.

When the "SCI-FI/FANTASY" contest, which is already well into its "entry-phase", is completed, I will take a vacation from sponsoring contests if other people would like to sponsor some.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 10/06/04 at 6:25 am

*beats Johnny D over head with deceased log*
I wasn't pointing fingers at you, Johnny, (or anything else for that matter) as your Sci-Fi comp was started after the Rap/Beatles/Gross ones were done. I'm not telliing people to delete the competitions they've already started, even if it is a bit crowded, rather that we should structure ones for the future so that there isn't a bombardment of obscure topic areas.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/06/04 at 10:47 am

This is all good suggestions, Luke. I second that emotion.

Check for new replies or respond here...