inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ABCs Round T - results

Written By: philbo on 10/29/04 at 1:13 pm

Ain't technology wonderful... with the joys of Excel (IMO the only truly worthwhile product Microsoft have put out), doing the votes didn't take long at all.

In first place:
#12 Arwen - "There's A Stain" with 26 votes

In second place:
#6 Jeff Reuben - "Talk Nerdy To Me" with 11 votes

But... in third place, we have a 3-way tie, each with 10 votes:

#1 Merry and Pippin - "Turning Siamese"
#10 Paul Robinson - "Thumbed Out! (A Baseball Manager's Lament)"
#18  Rice Cube & Watt Daddy - "There's A Bathroom On The Right"

...looking further, it seems that each of those entrants had 2x3 points, 1x2 points and 2x1 point... so there's no differentiating between them.  I declare it a 3-way tie for third place.

Just off the places were #3 The Invincible - "Two Teeth" with 9 and #13 Guy DiRito - "The Techs Of The AOL Helpdesk" with 8

Well done, everyone - this was a tough round.

And congrats M&P... again ;)

Subject: Re: ABCs Round T - results

Written By: jreuben on 10/29/04 at 1:36 pm

Congratulations to Arwen, M&P, Paul, and Rice Cube/Watt Daddy!  Tough, close round (well, aside from 1st place, of course)

Written By: Johnny_D on 10/29/04 at 1:39 pm

Congratulations to all the winners!

I will be away from the computer for most of tonight and for most of this coming weekend, so I might not get a chance to smelt, forge, and post the medals until next week. 

Since I am in charge of the medals, I have decided that I shall award 1 Gold Medal for First Place, 1 Silver Medal for Second Place, and 3 Bronze Medals for Third Place. 

Congratulations again to all!

;D

Written By: 2nz on 10/29/04 at 1:48 pm

Congratulations Arwen, Jeff and everyone who came in third place. You sure it's a three-way-tie, cause I see four names there  ;).

Maybe in honor of Arwen's commanding victory, Johnny could just make a big stained-glass window with the names of all the medalists on it.

P.S. (random quoted glass joke to follow): "My uncle always wanted me and my brother to get along. This one Christmas he gave me a box of broken glass. He gave my brother a box of band-aides. And he said, 'Now you two share'."

Written By: PRobinson on 10/29/04 at 2:27 pm

Been traveling and haven't been over to the Messageboard lately.  Congrats, Arwen!  26 points!  You "Smooshed" us all in this round,  nice job.  Secondary Congrats to Jeff...and Mer & Pip & Rice & Watt & Me and everyone else, too.  It was a good round.

Paul R.

Written By: Arwen on 10/29/04 at 2:29 pm

I am totally overwhelmed!  Thank you ALL who voted for me...I'm getting a little misty over here...

Congratulations to EVERYONE!!

Thanks again and again and again!!

Written By: DoRitos on 10/29/04 at 3:27 pm

Congrats to the winners.  Fine round of competition. 

Written By: John Jenkins on 10/29/04 at 3:50 pm

Congratulations to all of the winners, particulaly the decisive gold medal winner, Arwen!

Also, thanks to Philbo for facilitating the contest for the most controversial letter and to Johnny D for putting the hardware together.

Written By: Arwen on 10/29/04 at 4:32 pm

Congratulations to all of the winners, particulaly the decisive gold medal winner, Arwen!

Considering the fact that I've never actually gotten more than like 4 points on any parody contest, I'm still really quite flustered, to tell the truth.

But thank you!

Written By: Arwen on 10/29/04 at 4:34 pm

Congratulations Arwen, Jeff and everyone who came in third place. You sure it's a three-way-tie, cause I see four names there  ;).

5, actually...

Written By: PRobinson on 10/29/04 at 11:40 pm

5, actually...

...tough to get elbow room in the "3rd place" section of the Medal Podium. 

pr

Written By: PRobinson on 10/29/04 at 11:41 pm

I am totally overwhelmed!  Thank you ALL who voted for me...I'm getting a little misty over here...

Congratulations to EVERYONE!!

Thanks again and again and again!!

Sniff...we really like you...Sally...err...Arwen...

Written By: Meriadoc on 10/30/04 at 12:14 am

Wow! Thanks to everyone whose votes helped us to come in tied for third (I haven't been following these contests that close lately, so didn't know we were 'in the running') and congratulations to Arwen and Jeff on the gold and the silver. :)

Written By: Peregrin on 10/30/04 at 11:30 am

Considering the fact that I've never actually gotten more than like 4 points on any parody contest, I'm still really quite flustered, to tell the truth.

But thank you!

Well, congrats then, Arwen  :D  :)

Happy to be on the podium, we were, there was tough competition  :o

Written By: Johnny_D on 10/31/04 at 11:19 pm

All five medals have been posted!  ;D

Congratulations again to Arwen, Jeff, Merry & Pippin, Paul, and Rice Cube & Watt Daddy!  ;D

Written By: PRobinson on 11/01/04 at 12:32 am

All five medals have been posted!   ;D

Congratulations again to Arwen, Jeff, Merry & Pippin, Paul, and Rice Cube & Watt Daddy!  ;D

Thanks JD, you know I tried to melt the last medal I got down to sell the metal content but I ended up having to buy a new monitor.  So this one I will keep and cherish forever...

pr

Check for new replies or respond here...