inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ABC Round Z Voting

Written By: jreuben on 02/22/05 at 8:02 am

Each entrant must vote within the allotted timeframe or be liable to the sanction of not voting in the following “XX” number of contests. 

To vote, each entrant must choose three different songs and allocate the following points score:

1st place – 3 points
2nd place – 2 points
3rd place – 1 point

By definition the most votes a song can be allocated by a voter is three points.

Tie-break rule again: in the event that the number of votes is tied, it'll be a draw - we'll have two winners and a third place (or whatever).

All votes must be in by end of play Monday, that is 28th February:

1.  Rick Duncan:  Zhivago

2.  Johnny D:   Zero Factor

3.  Phil A:  Zola

4.  Martha D-Tox:  Zena Nd The Art Of Bank Balance Maintenance

5.  Guy Dorito:  Zip Up My Data

Subject: Re: ABC Round Z Voting

Written By: Rick D on 02/22/05 at 10:31 pm

3 pt---Johhny D

2 pt---Guy D

1 pt---Phil A

We sort of ended with a whimper on this letter, got fewer entries than X or Q. I have to say that this has been an amazing journey to be part of. I've always made the joke (borrowed from "Peanuts") that I don't mind playing second fiddle, as long as I'm part of the orchestra. This is one fine band conducter Chuckie has attracted. It has aslo verified something I've long known. Drive, not talent is the key to success. If talent was widely noticed on it's own merit, the country would lose a lot of programmers and office workers and mailmen.

There are at least ten people here I consider to be friends, even though we've never met. ( And about ten more that are on this site that I have met.)

Thanks for having us in a forum we never experienced until Amiright came along.

Written By: Johnny_D on 02/23/05 at 4:39 pm

3 points - Guy D

2 points - Martha D

1 point - Phil A

The ABC's were a lot of fun, indeed.  Thanks all.   Looking forward to whatever comes next.

Rick ... your comment sounds like you're about to go on a long sea voyage ... ?

Written By: Rick D on 02/23/05 at 7:09 pm

Johnny, we all are....eventually. No, I was just trying to say goodbye to the ABC's that you and I have been part of 25 out of 26.

Written By: jreuben on 02/24/05 at 7:49 am

There has been talk on the Y voting thread about the possibility of:

1.  Having a "numbers/symbols" round
2.  Having a "playoff" round of all the winners (1st place only), which Ethan proposed when he started this way back at letter A (after SOTY is done).
3.  Having ABC-2005...continuing this contest, starting over at A, excluding songs entered for the last round.

Any thoughts?

Written By: Johnny_D on 02/24/05 at 8:04 am

2.  Having a "playoff" round of all the winners (1st place only), which Ethan proposed when he started this way back at letter A (after SOTY is done).
3.  Having ABC-2005...continuing this contest, starting over at A, excluding songs entered for the last round.

Any thoughts?

1.  A symbols round might be problematic, given the way AmiRight's software munges stuff.  But numbers sounds OK.

2.  Sure, sounds OK.

3.  I always thought it would just cycle back to A again and start over, excluding, as you said, songs entered in any previous round.

Since I'm not currently volunteering to run the ABC contests, I am not requesting anybody to run any of the above.

But...if someone decides they want to run one or more of the above contests...I would probably participate as a contestant.

Thanks,
JD

Written By: jreuben on 02/24/05 at 8:09 am

1.  A symbols round might be problematic, given the way AmiRight's software munges stuff.  But numbers sounds OK.

2.  Sure, sounds OK.

3.  I always thought it would just cycle back to A again and start over, excluding, as you said, songs entered in any previous round.

Since I'm not currently volunteering to run the ABC contests, I am not requesting anybody to run any of the above.

But...if someone decides they want to run one or more of the above contests...I would probably participate as a contestant.

Thanks,
JD

I have no problem continuing to run them  :)

Written By: DoRitos on 02/24/05 at 11:44 am

3 points - Rick D

2 points - Martha D

1 point  - Johnnie D

Written By: Scathe on 02/24/05 at 12:55 pm

Any thoughts?

It would be awesome if it started all over again.  It would let authors submit their second choice for each letter, and it would let authors like me (I started submitting parodies before round W) to participate in more of the letter rounds.

Written By: marthadtox3 on 02/24/05 at 3:59 pm

My votes are :

Johnny 3
Phil 2
Rick 1

Itwould be cool if it started all over again!!

Written By: Ansky1213 on 02/24/05 at 9:41 pm

It would be awesome if it started all over again.  It would let authors submit their second choice for each letter, and it would let authors like me (I started submitting parodies before round W) to participate in more of the letter rounds.

Crystalizing my thoughts exactly. Here's hoping!

Written By: jreuben on 02/28/05 at 8:36 am

3 pts:  Johnny D #2
2 pts:  Phil A #3
1 pt:  Guy D #5

Written By: philbo on 02/28/05 at 3:21 pm

3 points to #5 - Guy (if only for the new geeky term "Super-fractual" :))
2 points to #2 - JD's dead prezzes
1 point to #1 - Riczhivago

Written By: Ansky1213 on 02/28/05 at 4:23 pm

I forgot to vote!

3 pts. to Guy, #5
2 pts. to Martha, #4
1 pt. to Johnny D, #2

Check for new replies or respond here...