inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: January '05 Results

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 03/01/05 at 7:52 pm

MODIFIED SCORES due to my blatant inability to add 1 and ... ya know, that other number...

1st place=
Claude Prez's Three Way
57 points

2nd place=
Johnny D's Lookin' Up My Back Door
36 points

3rd place=
Spaff's 50 Ways To Lose Your Luggage
30 points

And props to the following:

Kristof on 27 points
Rick D and John Jenkins on 21 points
Phil Alexander on 19 points
Tim Mayfield on 16 points
Jeff Reuben on 14 points
Robert J. Pagliaro on 13 points
Arwen and 2nz on 11 points
Guy and Stu on 10 points
Ethan and Scathe and Luke on 9 points
Agrimorfee on 8 points
Ash on 6 points
MysteryGoat on 5 points
Adam on 4 points
Adagio and K1CHYD with a free showbag.

Subject: Re: January '05 Results

Written By: John Jenkins on 03/01/05 at 8:00 pm

Congratulations to Claude, Johnny D, and Spaff for some excellent parodies.

Claude, maybe you should let young Luke facilitate this contest every month - that might be what freed up your concentration and put you over the top.

And, of course, thanks to the young Aussie for facilitating January and implementing voting for 5 places.

Written By: adagio on 03/01/05 at 8:07 pm

Congratulations Claude, Johnny and Spaff.

Written By: Johnny_D on 03/01/05 at 9:48 pm

Thanks very much, everybody!

Congratulations, Claude and Spaff!

Medals have been posted.

Written By: MysteryGoat on 03/02/05 at 12:05 am

Congrats to Claude, Johnny and spaff!!

And thanks to Rick D for my one lone vote. ;)

Written By: Scathe on 03/02/05 at 1:49 am

;D
Nice work, Claude, Johnny, and Spaff.  Another fun month.

Written By: Claude_Prez on 03/02/05 at 3:37 am

Congrats Johnny and Spaff (and everyone else; great month, all). 

Except I have Johnny with 36 points; doesn't change the outcome but let's not piss off the man who makes our medals, eh?

Regarding the commenting requirement, I like John Jenkins' idea:

I think I would vote to punish offenders some way because if we are not going to enforce the commenting requirement, then we should probably eliminate it.  Or can we have voters enforce the rule by not voting for the parodies of authors who don't comment?

That way it's basically up to each person to enforce it themselves.  If you come to the entry of someone that you know never comments, feel free to just ignore it.  Works for me.

That would be great if Luke wants to run this thing; I held off all day to see if he (or someone else) would post the new entry thread.  Basically, once the parody update labelled the last day of the month is up, the entries can go up.  So I'll hold off on the voting thread, unless you tell me otherwise, Luke.

I'll move the top three over to the SOTM winners thread later; I'm sick today and don't feel like it now.

Oh yeah, thanks everybody.

Written By: 2nz on 03/02/05 at 10:14 am

Congrats Claude, JD and Spaff, the uber-bums of this first '05 contest. All worthy and all that junk. You put your head down for a bit and this place gets so competitive you don't wanna pick it back up again. Seriously quality work all around.

Written By: bobbypags on 03/02/05 at 10:26 am

Claude, JD, Spaff - congrats fellas.

Written By: K1chyd on 03/02/05 at 11:48 am

MysteryGoat on 5 points
Adam on 4 points
and K1CHYD with a free showbag.

Does that mean  I was the only one that didn't get ANY points in this round?

How ironic that it was me who suggested the new the-more-the-merrier-points-system after last month's record of only two people being left without points!!! 

I bet this type of thing only happens on AmIright! :D :D :D

Written By: Spaff.com on 03/08/05 at 12:24 am

Holy crap. I can't believe I placed in this one. After getting a total of zero points from the first five voters, I was sure I had no chance. I was so surprised, in fact, that I went back and recounted all the votes. I guess I really did squeak into third place after all. But not by as much of a margin. My count shows:
Johnny D: 36 (not 33)
Kristof: 27 (not 24)

These people also came up with more points in my count:
2nz: 11 (not 8 )
Agrimorfee: 8 (not 7)

Maybe this isn't a big deal, but every point counts, since this year's Author of the Year race should be a close one. (Unless Claude continues to blow us all away, which is a distinct possibility.)

Anyhoo. Congrats, C4P and Johnny DD.

And don't worry, Ralphing Luke. We love you for the right-brained person you are.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Claude_Prez on 03/08/05 at 3:51 am

Holy crap. I can't believe I placed in this one. After getting a total of zero points from the first five voters, I was sure I had no chance. I was so surprised, in fact, that I went back and recounted all the votes. I guess I really did squeak into third place after all. But not by as much of a margin. My count shows:

Maybe this isn't a big deal, but every point counts, since this year's Author of the Year race should be a close one. (Unless Claude continues to blow us all away, which is a distinct possibility.)

And don't worry, Ralphing Luke. We love you for the right-brained person you are.

xoxox
Spaff

These totals match what I have exactly, for the record.  Thanks for the double-check. 

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 03/08/05 at 7:31 am

xoxox
Spaff

Well, that actually makes me feel worse...losing to Spaff by 3 steenkin' votes!  ;)
Seriously, it's an honour to come in 4th behind these 3 parody giants...at least that's what I've been telling my therapist...

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/08/05 at 7:53 am

Congrats all.

Written By: Ash on 03/13/05 at 2:37 am

Congrats you guys!
I thought I wasn't getting any votes this month either... thanks for getting me a grand six! I'm hoping I'll do even beter next month... has everyone viewed my bagpiper's parody?
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/burtbacharach2.shtml
It'll be posted for contest if I don't miss deadlines...  ;)
Again, congrats and thanks.
Ashleeeeeeeeey

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 03/13/05 at 6:32 pm

xoxox
Spaff

Yikes, thanks for that! i new dropping out of Maths in Year 10 would come back to haunt me!
This time I'll use good ol' pen and paper over the calculator on the computer and fix those scores.

Check for new replies or respond here...