inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How do you enter these contests??

Written By: whitewolf on 03/09/05 at 7:06 pm

Hi I have a song that I want to enter but I am not sure how to do it. any advice welcome
thanks

Subject: Re: How do you enter these contests??

Written By: adagio on 03/09/05 at 7:27 pm

When someone opens a contest, see if your parody fits in that category (It will usually be a parody that was entered that month or a parody that starts with a certain letter).  If it does, just enter the URL of the parody that you wish to enter.

Does this answer?

Written By: whitewolf on 03/09/05 at 8:33 pm

Yes it helps, but is there any for random songs, without having to start with a certain letter or symbol?  The month to month ones, Can they be any random song?

Written By: jreuben on 03/09/05 at 9:40 pm

Yes it helps, but is there any for random songs, without having to start with a certain letter or symbol?  The month to month ones, Can they be any random song?

Yes, as long as it was written in the month in the subject.

Written By: Johnny_D on 03/09/05 at 9:43 pm

Love your avatar!

Written By: MooRocca on 03/09/05 at 9:45 pm

As long as the parody first appears on Amiright in March of this year and you wrote it, it'll be eligible for the March SOTM contest.  The entry thread for the March SOTM will be open from April 1st - 8th.  

Written By: whitewolf on 03/09/05 at 10:27 pm

Love your avatar!

Thank you

Yes, as long as it was written in the month in the subject.

As long as the parody first appears on Amiright in March of this year and you wrote it, it'll be eligible for the March SOTM contest.  The entry thread for the March SOTM will be open from April 1st - 8th. 

Thanks guys, I will have to check back then so I can post one in it.

Written By: lineman782000 on 03/12/05 at 3:24 pm

I have some songs I'd like to enter in a contest but I posted them on amiright a long time ago. At the time there were no contests, or at least I wasn't aware of them. Can I still enter these songs?

Written By: EthanM on 03/12/05 at 3:29 pm

usually you can enter a song written and submitted at any time as long as it meets the requirements for the specific contest. But it's gotta be new for song of the month contests.

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/15/05 at 10:46 am

I have some songs I'd like to enter in a contest but I posted them on amiright a long time ago. At the time there were no contests, or at least I wasn't aware of them. Can I still enter these songs?

lineman, have you written a song starting with the letter A? See the ABC 2005 thread here.

Written By: lineman782000 on 04/02/05 at 7:20 am

No, no songs with A but I have some others I will enter with other letters. For some of them I have made up new lyrics since I submitted them. Is there a way to edit them, or can I resubmit them with the new lyrics?

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 04/02/05 at 5:49 pm

No, no songs with A but I have some others I will enter with other letters. For some of them I have made up new lyrics since I submitted them. Is there a way to edit them, or can I resubmit them with the new lyrics?

You can't edit parodies once they're posted, but of course you can do rewrites and enter as a new parody if you want to

Written By: lineman782000 on 04/04/05 at 12:56 am

Cool. Could I do that and enter one in a song of the month contest, or would that be cheating? Can I enter the same parody in more than one contest, like song of the month and also the contest for that letter? Thanks in advance, and thanks for answering my previous questions too.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 04/04/05 at 8:31 am

Cool. Could I do that and enter one in a song of the month contest, or would that be cheating? Can I enter the same parody in more than one contest, like song of the month and also the contest for that letter? Thanks in advance, and thanks for answering my previous questions too.

I don't think there would be any problem at all entering it in SOTM. You can also enter it in ABCs, but I'd be wary of doing that. The same group of writers enters these contests, and are probably less likely to vote for a parody second time round.

Check for new replies or respond here...