inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AmIRight Sports Parody Results

Written By: Scathe on 04/01/05 at 12:02 am

Nice work everyone the top three only differentiated by two points.  :o
Needless to say, it was close. Thanks to everyone who participated.  :)

First Place goes to Ethan Mawyer's Master of the Outs with 28 points

Second Place goes to A Room Full Of Monkeys' Cubs and Sosa with 26 points

Third Place is tied with Mike Armstrong's Mailman Malone and Kimba T. Dogg's Mantle with 24 points each

Other Results:

Jeff Reuben  18
Johnny D  15
John Jenkins  13
Charlie Decker  12
Scathe  11
Guy DiRito  7
Know 1 can hear you Dream  6
Stuart McArthur  5
Rex Ungericht  5
Agrimorfee 1
B. O'Connor 0(Sorry, B.)

Subject: Re: AmIRight Sports Parody Results

Written By: Ansky1213 on 04/01/05 at 12:26 am

Holy crap! I cracked the top 10 in an AmIRight Parody Contest! Oh baby, this one is going on the mantle!

Speaking of Mantle, great job, everybody! Big ups to Ethan Mawyer!

Written By: Dumb Ass Kid on 04/01/05 at 6:20 am

Nice work everyone the top three only differentiated by two points.  :o
Needless to say, it was close. Thanks to everyone who participated.  :)

First Place goes to Ethan Mawyer's Master of the Outs with 28 points

Second Place goes to A Room Full Of Monkeys' Cubs and Sosa with 26 points

Third Place is tied with Mike Armstrong's Mailman Malone and Kimba T. Dogg's Mantle with 24 points each

Other Results:

Jeff Reuben  18
Johnny D  15
John Jenkins  13
Charlie Decker  12
Scathe  11
Guy DiRito  7
Know 1 can hear you Dream  6
Stuart McArthur  5
Rex Ungericht  5
Agrimorfee 1
B. O'Connor 0(Sorry, B.)

I think i've rated a couple of those! Congrats to everyone - you're all winners (except the losers!)  ;)

Written By: Ansky1213 on 04/01/05 at 10:13 am

I think i've rated a couple of those! Congrats to everyone - you're all winners (except the losers!)  ;)

"With sports, it's not about whether you win or lose, it's about how drunk you get."
-Homer J. Simpson

Written By: EthanM on 04/01/05 at 10:18 am

I actually won something! Now i guess i should give a speech. I would like to thank my brother for being so obsessed with les miserables that it would be impossible for me not to know some of the songs. Another thank you to the Syracuse University program in Madrid, which allowed me to have enough free time to devote a Friday afternoon to writing it. Finally, i would like to thank Scathe for organizing this contest and everyone who voted for me. Oh yeah, i'd like to thank Spaff for not entering and Weird Al and Dr. Demento for making parodies popular and finally Al Gore for helping to make the internet what it is today.

On a somewhat more serious note, someone commented that they would like to see "master of the outs" performed on stage and I promised myself when i saw that that if i won then I would try to make that happen. So my plan is to write a full (well maybe about an hour worth of the show cut out but still really long) baseball-related parody version of Les Miserables. I know i won't be done before opening day but hopefully before the all star break.

Written By: Claude_Prez on 04/01/05 at 12:18 pm

I just want to thank the Cubs for trading Sammy.  Oh, yeah, and thanks to those who voted for me.

Written By: iam4iu42 on 04/01/05 at 5:40 pm

Karl Malone feels somewhat vindicated through a 3rd place finish in this parody contest.  He wishes Mike Armstrong would have used a more popular song than a one-hit wonder country act to portray his career, but nonetheless, he thanks David Ball for writing a song with the word "Malone" in the title.  He would also like to thank those who voted - he can now drive his big rig off into the sunset with a smile on his face. 

Written By: Johnny_D on 04/01/05 at 6:11 pm

Congratulations to Ethan, Claude, Mike, and Kimba!  ;D

I gladly volunteer to create and post medals for this contest's winners.  I hope to have them posted sometime in the next seven to ten days. 

Written By: Johnny_D on 04/08/05 at 1:31 pm

Congratulations to Ethan, Claude, Mike, and Kimba!   ;D

I gladly volunteer to create and post medals for this contest's winners.   I hope to have them posted sometime in the next seven to ten days. 

I haven't forgotten about these medals --- I will try to post them in the very near future.

Thanks for your patience!  :)

Written By: Johnny_D on 04/17/05 at 11:29 am

Medals have been posted.

Written By: Scathe on 04/17/05 at 12:50 pm

Medals have been posted.

Thanks for making the medals, Johnny D. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...