inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ABC-2005 Round G Results

Written By: jreuben on 06/20/05 at 8:01 am

Congrats to the Winners!

1st Place:  16:  Johnny D Gorilla Man 37
2nd Place: 2:  Arwen Glancing's Mean 27
3rd Place:  3:  MooRocca Grandpa's A Nut Job 25

And The Rest:
12 Rick Cormier Gotta Pee 24
7 Phil Alexander Genome Song 23
15 Dee Range Grizzly Of The Morning 20
9 Kristof Getting To Throw You 19
10 Ethan Mawyer The Great Complainer 12
8 Stu McArthur Gaining Weight On Sundays 7
13 Adagio Grew Confining, Old Master 7
18 Jeff Reuben Grown Men Don't Fight 7
6 Scathe Ground Vibrations 6
4 MysteryGoat Gone 5
17 Charlie Decker Genius Of Grub 2
5 Red Ant Garbage Trucker 1

Couple people didn't vote :\'(

Subject: Re: ABC-2005 Round G Results

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/20/05 at 8:08 am

Big congrats to Johnny "Cheetah" D, and the lovely laydeez!!

Written By: MooRocca on 06/20/05 at 8:14 am

Congrats to Johnny & Arwen!  (If you read this pre-modified, 'twas Scathe's backward listing that messed up my tally, before. I thought Johnny had more points than listed here, too, so was double checking his when I realized that's where it went off the tally.)

Congrats to the Winners!

1st Place:  16:  Johnny D Gorilla Man 37
2nd Place: 2:  Arwen Glancing's Mean 27
3rd Place:  3:  MooRocca Grandpa's A Nut Job 25

And The Rest:
12 Rick Cormier Gotta Pee 24
7 Phil Alexander Genome Song 23
15 Dee Range Grizzly Of The Morning 20
9 Kristof Getting To Throw You 19
10 Ethan Mawyer The Great Complainer 12
8 Stu McArthur Gaining Weight On Sundays 7
13 Adagio Grew Confining, Old Master 7
18 Jeff Reuben Grown Men Don't Fight 7
6 Scathe Ground Vibrations 6
4 MysteryGoat Gone 5
17 Charlie Decker Genius Of Grub 2
5 Red Ant Garbage Trucker 1

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/20/05 at 8:32 am

The points are wrong, unless somebody's vote didn't count.   I added up my points, this morning, to see how I fared and came up with 29.  10 pts. on the first page.  19 pts. on the second page.  (Just re-added them and came up with 29, again.) 

MooRocca, I think you may have read Scathe's votes wrong. He listed the parody for 1 point first, then the one for 2 points, etc.

Congratulations to Johnny D, Arwen, MooRocca and everyone else who entered!  PS when I voted in this round, I left a comment that stated "I wish I had more votes". Just to clarify, I didn't mean to say I wish more people voted for me but; I wish I could have had more votes to cast for others. :D

Written By: jreuben on 06/20/05 at 8:38 am

Congrats to Johnny & Arwen!  (If you read this pre-modified, 'twas Scathe's backward listing that messed up my tally, before. I thought Johnny had more points than listed here, too, so was double checking his when I realized that's where it went off the tally.)

I double checked--Rick is right, you had 15 on the 2nd page, not 19.  1 vote from Scathe, not 5.

Johnny D had 2 pts from Scathe, not 4, so he would be affected as well.

-Jeff

Written By: Ansky1213 on 06/20/05 at 8:45 am

Congrats Johnny D, Arwen and MooRocca! Y'all deserved it  :D

Thanks to Agrimorfee for my only vote, too!

Written By: MooRocca on 06/20/05 at 8:54 am

MooRocca, I think you may have read Scathe's votes wrong. He listed the parody for 1 point first, then the one for 2 points, etc.

Congratulations to Johnny D, Arwen, MooRocca and everyone else who entered!   PS when I voted in this round, I left a comment that stated "I wish I had more votes". Just to clarify, I didn't mean to say I wish more people voted for me but; I wish I could have had more votes to cast for others. :D

Yep, that's  exactly where I went off count.   It still doesn't look right to me,  because I was so sure, this morning, that Johnny had to have over 40 and Arwen well over 30 (I hadn't actually added either up, until I added Johnny's a few minutes ago and spotted where I went off count) & that I'd probably placed around 4th or 5th  -- I was pretty darned pleased with that!)   So, wow, if I'm legitimately in the top 3... I'm shocked... thanks all!   :)

Congrats again to Arwen and Johnnny!

Written By: adagio on 06/20/05 at 9:19 am

:)  Congratulations Johnny, Arwen and MooRocca!

Written By: Arwen on 06/20/05 at 9:20 am

Well, color me shocked, folks!   :)

Thanks to everyone who voted for me...and big congrats to both Johnny and MooRocca...and everyone who entered.  Like I said before, this was a great round!

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 06/20/05 at 9:47 am

well done, Johnny, Arwen and MooRocca - three experienced old hands at this caper ;)

Written By: deerange on 06/20/05 at 10:05 am

High five's for Johnny, Arwen, and MooRocca!!! Thanks for the many laughs, and to everyone who entered. Great round everyone!

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/20/05 at 10:13 am

Congrrats all. (Rick, so close, but not a cigar yet)

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/20/05 at 11:53 am

Congrrats all. (Rick, so close, but not a cigar yet)

That's OK Agri, it's an honor to even be in the running. Besides, there's always next month, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA! :P ::) 8) :o ;D :D ;) :)

Written By: Red Ant on 06/20/05 at 3:28 pm

Congratz everyone this round, and thanks Jeff for my solitary point!

Written By: MysteryGoat on 06/20/05 at 6:18 pm

Congrats Johnny, Arwen & MooRocca. And thanks to MooRocca & Ethan for my two votes.

Written By: philbo on 06/21/05 at 12:53 am

I thought the gorilla'd get it, soon as I read it :)

Well done JD, Arwen and MooRocca. 

Written By: Scathe on 06/21/05 at 5:13 am

Congrats to MooRocca, Arwen, and Johnny D.  Sorry about the mix-up.  I'll reverse the way I list points from now on.

Written By: jreuben on 06/21/05 at 8:53 am

Congrats to MooRocca, Arwen, and Johnny D.  Sorry about the mix-up.  I'll reverse the way I list points from now on.

Just when I'd gotten used to your old way, that'll mess me up for sure!

Written By: MooRocca on 06/21/05 at 12:57 pm

Hey man, please don't let my brain-fart change how you do things!  Not your fault, at all.  I was underslept & hadn't had my first pot of coffee yet, yesterday morning, so I was bound to screw something up... I'm just glad it was something that didn't take out any innocent bystanders!  :) 

I still feel funny being congratulated in this round, though, because it still feels like it's someone else's slot and that it should be him getting the glory.  As I glanced through the votes while tallying up mine, it seemed like Rick C. should have outscored me by several points because it seemed like we showed up on the same voters' lists several times with Rick C getting 4 or 5 and me getting 1 or 2.  So, it wasn't just the number of votes not matching my screwed up tally or my guesstimates for Johnny and Arwen being off by so much.  My name being in a slot I was so certain was easily Rick C.'s slot seemed to confirm that my count must have been right and that Jeff must have accidentally missed counting a couple of voters' votes.     

Of course, now that I've tried being wrong, once,  I've decided I don't like it very much and I won't be doing it again.  ;D  ::)  (I'm about to get pelted with rotten tomatoes for that one, aren't I?)

Written By: jreuben on 06/21/05 at 1:56 pm

Of course, now that I've tried being wrong, once,  I've decided I don't like it very much and I won't be doing it again.  ;D   ::)   (I'm about to get pelted with rotten tomatoes for that one, aren't I?)

I've taken them out of the fridge, they'll be ready in a couple of days  ;D

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/22/05 at 5:23 pm

Wow --- that was unexpected --- THANKS EVERYBODY !!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Congratulations to Super Arwen and Magnificent MooRocca !

Bear with me, my friends, I'm still busy with all sorts of time-consuming things in my "Non-Internet-Life" --- they're all GOOD things, don't worry --- I expect to be back up and running on AmiRight on a more customary schedule sometime next week.

Thanks again,
Johnny D

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/22/05 at 6:50 pm

Wow --- that was unexpected --- THANKS EVERYBODY !!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Congratulations to Super Arwen and Magnificent MooRocca !

Bear with me, my friends, I'm still busy with all sorts of time-consuming things in my "Non-Internet-Life" --- they're all GOOD things, don't worry --- I expect to be back up and running on AmiRight on a more customary schedule sometime next week.

Thanks again,
Johnny D
I think I speak for all of us when I say, we miss ya, JD! I certainly do. If it weren't for your encouragement through kind words, when I first started submitting, I doubt I would have stuck around very long. Look forward to your return. Congrats on another medal!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 06/22/05 at 6:55 pm

Hey man, please don't let my brain-fart change how you do things!  Not your fault, at all.  I was underslept & hadn't had my first pot of coffee yet, yesterday morning, so I was bound to screw something up... I'm just glad it was something that didn't take out any innocent bystanders!   :) 

I still feel funny being congratulated in this round, though, because it still feels like it's someone else's slot and that it should be him getting the glory.  As I glanced through the votes while tallying up mine, it seemed like Rick C. should have outscored me by several points because it seemed like we showed up on the same voters' lists several times with Rick C getting 4 or 5 and me getting 1 or 2.   So, it wasn't just the number of votes not matching my screwed up tally or my guesstimates for Johnny and Arwen being off by so much.  My name being in a slot I was so certain was easily Rick C.'s slot seemed to confirm that my count must have been right and that Jeff must have accidentally missed counting a couple of voters' votes.     

Of course, now that I've tried being wrong, once,  I've decided I don't like it very much and I won't be doing it again.  ;D   ::)   (I'm about to get pelted with rotten tomatoes for that one, aren't I?)

MooRocca, you won fair and square. I was surprised to have been so close this time. (Curses, foiled again!) ::)

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/28/05 at 2:19 am

Medals have been posted.  Thanks again, everybody!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...