inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Unfinished Parody...

Written By: Silver Power on 08/01/05 at 7:55 pm

I've had, like, half of a parody saved on a word for months, but haven't finished it yet...It seemed like the perfect parody...Well, the perfect parody for me...But I got stuck on it…Does anyone have this same problem sometimes? Some people submit, like, 5 parodies a day...I can't do that...Oh cry...Oh sob...Oh poor Period button on the keyboard...Getting pressed so much...I'll stop...One more time, hold on...Okay, i'm done

Subject: Re: Unfinished Parody...

Written By: Ansky1213 on 08/01/05 at 8:43 pm

I've had, like, half of a parody saved on a word for months, but haven't finished it yet...It seemed like the perfect parody...Well, the perfect parody for me...But I got stuck on it…Does anyone have this same problem sometimes? Some people submit, like, 5 parodies a day...I can't do that...Oh cry...Oh sob...Oh poor Period button on the keyboard...Getting pressed so much...I'll stop...One more time, hold on...Okay, i'm done

Yeah, I have that problem all the time. There are people who have been posting parodies for 1/4 of the time that I have who have 4 times as many. However, I think this topic ought to be moved to Song Parodies, from Parody Contests.

Written By: Arwen on 08/01/05 at 11:30 pm

It totally happens to me.  I have a "works in progress" file that is honestly filled to the brim with half finished parodies that are honestly potential DYNAMITE...but I can't finish them... :-[  Months and months have gone by...and I just can't close the deal.  It. Is. So. Annoying.

Then, there are those that write themselves on the drive home, and I just have to turn on the computer and it's done in 10 minutes...

Written By: Silver Power on 08/05/05 at 10:11 am

And I thought no one would post...Lol...It's a parody of P.I.M.P. called D.U.M.B. and I had it all figured out...Well, I've got 1/4 of it left to write, so I better start now. I accidently put this in song parody contests.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/05/05 at 5:11 pm

Maybe a thread should be started for those folks with a backlog of half-finished parodies that would invite a secondary author as collaboration. Anyone could finish posted parodies, then with the 1st author's permission, submit the completed parody together as one team!

Written By: Arwen on 08/05/05 at 5:31 pm

Maybe a thread should be started for those folks with a backlog of half-finished parodies that would invite a secondary author as collaboration. Anyone could finish posted parodies, then with the 1st author's permission, submit the completed parody together as one team!

Great idea... :)

Written By: Dominic L. on 08/06/05 at 12:07 am

A lot of parodies just start to unfurl after awhile... It's often hard to just sit down and write (Which is what I do, which is why some of mine are so bad)... A good thing to do is find a rhyming website like rhymezone and try to think of lines ending is a rhyme, if that makes sense to you...

Check for new replies or respond here...