inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Harry Potter movie is out next week, let's see some on the 18th!

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/11/05 at 9:17 am

I'm of course eager to see it, but probably won't for a couple weeks (going to make sure I see it in Imax like I did the last one).

Anyways, I just plopped in David Bowie's "Space Oddity" album from 1969, and never even knew there was a song on there called "Letter to Hermione".  Looks like a prime candidate for something like this.

So maybe someone would like to run a contest around the release of the movie?  That might be cool.

Subject: Re: New Harry Potter movie is out next week, let's see some on the 18th!

Written By: Josh2 on 11/11/05 at 10:20 am

what, i perosnally thinkwe brits sohuld have it released to us b4 the u.s., it is our film, our books, our cast >:(

dont mean to sound rude but i hate the fact tha tu get everything same as we do n then u get films released b4 us

Subject: Re: New Harry Potter movie is out next week, let's see some on the 18th!

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/11/05 at 11:31 am

what, i perosnally thinkwe brits sohuld have it released to us b4 the u.s., it is our film, our books, our cast >:(

dont mean to sound rude but i hate the fact tha tu get everything same as we do n then u get films released b4 us

I can think of plenty of things I've wanted to rent on DVD only to find it's PAL or region 2, etc.  I've even gotten region 2 dvd's from netflix (without them telling me it was  >:( ).  As for the release dates, while it would be fair considering the usual way things work, you know the second the prints get shipped to theaters in the UK, it'll be on the streets in China the next morning, and on the Internet in hours.  Much better to release it at the same time and try and circumvent some of that pirating.

Written By: Josh2 on 11/11/05 at 1:58 pm

sow hy dont we get ur stuff at the same time?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/11/05 at 1:59 pm

sow hy dont we get ur stuff at the same time?

less people to pirate it (smaller market)

Written By: Josh2 on 11/11/05 at 2:24 pm

just a sec, u get ur films in imax, as in 3d? OMG?!!?!?!?!? luky buggers

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/11/05 at 2:43 pm

just a sec, u get ur films in imax, as in 3d? OMG?!!?!?!?!? luky buggers

not 3d, just bigger.

Could you try and type out your words.  A messageboard isn't the same as IM.  It's a little annoying

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/12/05 at 1:57 am

^ Hear hear!

And quit yer bitchin'. As Chucky said, all the wonders of globalisation mean that thousands of pirated Harry Potters will be all over Asia within the day, yet Australia has to wait until December 1 for the release of GOF, and that's just the big cinemas.

When seeing Flightplan (is 9/11 gonna be a sub-motif in every Hollywood film to come?) I saw the Chronicles of Narnia trailer. 'Twas rather awesome, I'm gonna have to read the books.

I think there'll be a steady flow of Potter-related parodies without having to organise something, Chucky.

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/14/05 at 8:06 am

I think there'll be a steady flow of Potter-related parodies without having to organise something, Chucky.

yeah probably.  I wonder sometimes if it would be more interesting for people to post a bunch on a similar theme all on the same day.

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/17/05 at 8:51 am

Official entry, if anyone is trying to compete. ::)
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/johnnycash58.shtml

Written By: Josh2 on 11/19/05 at 4:57 pm

Dude, this film absolutely rocks.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/19/05 at 9:19 pm

Argh! Shut up! Shut up! Last night after showing Philosopher's Stone on TV, during the credits they rolled sneak preview footage of GOF with snippets of interviews with the cast. It looks brilliant. Why do I have to wait another two weeks? WHYYYY?!

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/21/05 at 8:42 am

It's nice to know that even Australia is not immune to crass cross-marketing. :-\\ :D

Written By: Arwen on 11/21/05 at 9:29 am

Argh! Shut up! Shut up! Last night after showing Philosopher's Stone on TV, during the credits they rolled sneak preview footage of GOF with snippets of interviews with the cast. It looks brilliant. Why do I have to wait another two weeks? WHYYYY?!

That just made my entire day...hehehe.

I'm sorry, but it did.

And yes, it was brilliant.

Written By: Matthias on 11/21/05 at 2:05 pm

I posted the a very Harry Potteresque parody November 21st, would have done it the 18th, but no body reads parodies on the weekend. My Parody Is Called... Voldemort Song, parody of Immigrant Song... http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/ledzepplin9.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 11/21/05 at 6:44 pm

As well as a parody of Magic Carpet Ride, called Magic Movie Night...http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/steppenwolf24.shtml

Written By: 2nz on 11/23/05 at 11:02 am

So... let's see if I can get some extra exposure here. I wrote a potter one that posted yesterday. If it gets enough exposure here, then I'll enter my disgruntled Santa parody in SOTM. If not, then it'll have to be this one:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/billyjoel200.shtml

P.S. Thanks for putting up the thread Chucky. And hang in there Luke, dragon-dueling is on the way.

Check for new replies or respond here...