inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Christmas Album Cover Parody Competition

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/19/05 at 10:23 pm

~~Parodies can be of any album cover you so wish, but must be one with a Christmas theme. BE!!!
~~Entries due in by December 25th, when voting will begin- plenty of time to perfect your editing!

Any ideas about what the voting should involve will be welcome.
I suggest votes be based on how cleverly the original album title has been parodied (ie. concept) and the technical skill in the artwork (ie. detail in cutting/pasting, overall aesthetic).
Comments?

Subject: Re: Christmas Album Cover Parody Competition

Written By: Matthias on 11/21/05 at 2:44 pm

Not a bad idea, Luke, I know that I'm up to it!

Written By: EmiLoca on 11/24/05 at 9:50 pm

Geez, it's hard enough to bed one at my age, but they have to be Christmas-themed, too?!? 

*one hour later*

Oh well.  Best 500 bucks I ever spent.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/24/05 at 11:06 pm

OHHHHHH... >:(

...HHHHH. 

Written By: RGC3 on 11/25/05 at 11:32 pm

Thanks Luke, I was gone for the week and missed Chuck's authorization for a contest!

Anyway....see you there, Merry Parodies. ;)

Written By: EmiLoca on 11/26/05 at 6:33 pm

I suggest votes be based on how cleverly the original album title has been parodied (ie. concept) and the technical skill in the artwork (ie. detail in cutting/pasting, overall aesthetic).
Comments?

What about spelling?

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/27/05 at 1:54 am

I just spent all of Thursday and Friday doing a 4500 word essay on Feminism in film and visual texts. I analysed Chicago and several Britney Spears video clips, and how they implicate Freud's theory of women posing castration threat to the male viewer.

...and so Irony furls me about in her gnarled, twisted fingers once more.

Written By: philbo on 11/28/05 at 6:43 pm

I say we enforce the age-old rule "SPELLCHECK OR CASTRATION", don't you agree?

So how is a spell check going to spot "bed", if you don't mind my asking?

I reckon I'll be up for a Christmas photoshop... I kind of liked the Eminem one, but I have another idea or two.

I just spent all of Thursday and Friday doing a 4500 word essay on Feminism in film and visual texts. I analysed Chicago and several Britney Spears video clips, and how they implicate Freud's theory of women posing castration threat to the male viewer.

...and so Irony furls me about in her gnarled, twisted fingers once more.

Like, er, wow... "castration threat", Britney???  Well, I'll have me chopper chopped by a synthetic siren...

Written By: EmiLoca on 11/30/05 at 11:40 am

So how is a spell check going to spot "bed", if you don't mind my asking?

I was referring to the human-mode of spellchecking, not the one that comes with Microsoft Word and underlines your last name in red whenever you use it. 

I've started on my entry, but a quick question - this is different from the SOTMs and such, since the song parody has already been written and cannot be altered.  My worry is that, once people start posting their entries, they will be at a disadvantage because everyone else can see their entry and will automatically try and make theirs "better" - not to mention the eversohandy "edit post" option, where you could change your entry entirely if you wanted to.  But there's gotta be a way around that system.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 12/01/05 at 12:43 am

Nice to know there's someone else in, Phil! Why, at this rate the gold-silve-bronze model of award-giving may actually bear some relevance to the number of contestants!

My worry is that, once people start posting their entries, they will be at a disadvantage because everyone else can see their entry and will automatically try and make theirs "better" - not to mention the eversohandy "edit post" option, where you could change your entry entirely if you wanted to.

Check for new replies or respond here...