inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Official Harry Potter Parody Contest

Written By: 2nz on 11/23/05 at 3:50 pm

~This is the official entry thread. Entries will be accepted until the end of the day on November 30th.

~I'll be heading up this contest.

~Any and all parodies related to the story of Harry Potter are eligible. This means both new and older parodies are eligible.

~One parody per author, please.

~If it becomes necessary, I can post more official rules here, but the majority of those who frequent this thread know the general rules already.

~The format of the voting thread will be determined by the number of entrants in the tournament. If there are six or fewer parodies, the voting will consist of picking your top three. If there are more than six parodies, the voting will consist of picking your top five.

~If you have something to add or would like to discuss the rules, post here on this thread.

~Chucky started a thread that sparked this tournament. Those who left links to their parodies on that thread, unless they state otherwise, will be retroactively entered in this coming tournament. A link to the initial thread is posted below.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,14431.0.html

Subject: Re: Official Harry Potter Parody Contest

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/23/05 at 6:51 pm

Heck, I'd be shaming my Jake A Ralphing name if I didn't enter.

Whiny Harry Club

Written By: jreuben on 11/24/05 at 7:08 am

The Ballad Of Ron And Draco

Written By: Matthias on 11/25/05 at 4:40 pm

Harry's Got A Gun... at... http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/aerosmith26.shtml

Written By: tmayfield on 11/26/05 at 11:38 pm

"That Neville Stood Up To Harry" to The Devil Went Down To Georgia.

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/28/05 at 8:02 am

ATTENTION! Since the contest calls for *any* HP related parody, I officially will enter this one, and not Goblet of Fire. Thanks for stepping up, 2nZ. 8)

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/countingcrows0.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 11/28/05 at 2:08 pm

Wait... if you already posted one, can you change your mind and post a diffrent one?

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/28/05 at 5:15 pm

Looks like it's gonna be a Pick 3 Contest unless folks hurry up.

Written By: 2nz on 11/28/05 at 10:13 pm

Wait... if you already posted one, can you change your mind and post a diffrent one?

Yes. You can use the 'modify' function to modify your post on this thread up until the entry thread closes.

Looks like it's gonna be a Pick 3 Contest unless folks hurry up.

Everyone who expressed interest besides myself on the initial thread has posted on this thread and then some. That's good because it allows everyone to read the rules and state which specific song they would like to put forward. Including my entry, we're at six right now. One more and we'll be voting for our top five.

Check for new replies or respond here...