inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: *** Brangelina - Complete Work - Finally finished, thanks to Ones-Guy!!! ***

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/07/06 at 1:03 am

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this.  Had an interesting time solving some of the continuity dilemmas (thanks a LOT, Royce!! >:() - so please allow some latitude folks :D

I had to make minor changes (eg past tense to present tense, etc) in some of the wording of people's parodies, so please don't be too outraged.  Especially you, Rick Cormier, as you're the first parody and Brad hadn't even arrived on the scene in the story.  I know your aim with that one was to be syllable-perfect, so I tried to achieve that too, and sometimes I just pinched one of your lines to replace one of your lines with! - so thankyou you

This thread is really for the contributors and MB-readers. 

:) :) :)

Tomorrow I'll submit the whole thing to AmIrgight as 15 parts written by 15 authors - under the author name "Brangelina - An Amiright Musical"

Subject: Re: ***** Brangelina - An Amiright Musical - Complete Manuscript *********

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/07/06 at 1:04 am

BRANGELINA
AN AMIRIGHT MUSICAL

Song Lyrics by the following AmIRight Parodists (in order)...

Rick Cormier - 1
Conqueror_Of_Parodies - 1
Stuart McArthur - 3
Johnny D - 1
John A. Barry - 1
Cat - 2
Matthias - 2
Red Ant - 1
Spaff.com - 1
Larry Hensley - 1
Royce Miller - 1

Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Click here for Original Song
Concept, dialogue, and seamless continuity by Stuart McArthur

March 7th, 2006

Letter to

Subject: Re: ***** Brangelina - An Amiright Musical - Complete Manuscript *********

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/07/06 at 1:05 am

NARRATOR
Angelina frets that their different musical tastes and demanding schedules might cause Brad to stray.  She starts to cling.  She tries to control Brad.  She tries to regulate what he wears, where he goes, and what he eats.

BRAD
But Ange, I LIKE super-whopper-grizzly-burgers with triple double cheese.  And why the ban on donuts, bacon, and super-sizing?

ANGELINA
It

Written By: Cat on 03/07/06 at 4:50 pm

WOW. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW.  :o

This is flat-out AMAZING, Stu. Love the way you incorporated everyone's work into this.

Although I have to admit one little personal twist my brain made on accident before conqueror_of_parodies' contribution...when you said she has a "particularly cunning stunt," my brain did a spoonerism and I read it as "particularly stunning c*nt." Uh yeah. I'm NOT a closet lesbian, FYI...

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/07/06 at 7:00 pm

thanks Cat - hope you liked the way your contributions threaded in

and I am SHOCKED that I didn't pick up on that spoonerism, enabling me to keep the musical squeaky clean
................................................................................not :)

(actually, Woody's reply to her "cunning stunt" claim doesn't make sense withOUT the spoonered meaning ;))

Written By: Claude_Prez on 03/07/06 at 8:26 pm

Wow.  I'm shocked more people haven't commented on this yet.  I confess I haven't read all the lyrics yet, but just reading the script and song titles this morning, I was rolling. Hilarious, and absolutely brilliant.  Great work.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/08/06 at 1:40 am

Wow and a half Stu, that is freakin amazing, and now I finally get Spaff's joke knowing who James is.  :o

Simply excellent work, and for the few Brangelina parodies I haven't seen yet (I took a while off from the site the last few weeks) I will get to them later today/tomorrow.

I'm very pleased you didn't follow my lame suggestion of making an album of URLs, the story line is just awesome.

*Wonders if he can tell I love this*  ;)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/08/06 at 2:57 am

Wow.  I'm shocked more people haven't commented on this yet.  I confess I haven't read all the lyrics yet, but just reading the script and song titles this morning, I was rolling. Hilarious, and absolutely brilliant.  Great work.

Thanks Claude  :) - yes, I'm beginning to suspect Brett Broadway's sudden budget cuts may have been based on superior intuition after all  ;)

I'm very pleased you didn't follow my lame suggestion of making an album of URLs, the story line is just awesome.

*Wonders if he can tell I love this* 

not only can I tell - i'm rapt you love it, Red Ant, being a contributor who's efforts I definitely felt a need to honour
thanks mate  :)

Written By: Rick Cormier on 03/08/06 at 8:28 am

Woah! Excellent job with the story line, Stu! Thanks for including me in this. :-)

Written By: Red Ant on 03/08/06 at 8:13 pm

Well, just got done reading the completed project on AmiRight. I've still to get to all the original parodies under each persons name , but I thought I'd quote my favorite 2 bits of dialogue you created:

"Come inside and see how long before you come inside

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/08/06 at 11:21 pm

Oh, stop complaining, Braddles.  Just roll over and take it like a man.  I

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/09/06 at 1:01 am

Woah! Excellent job with the story line, Stu! Thanks for including me in this. :-)

sorry, Rick, didn't see this post before

thankyou, and thanks for kick-starting the idea, and thanks for being okay about me surgically removing "Brad" from your masterpiece for the sake of my story-line!!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 03/09/06 at 11:02 am

sorry, Rick, didn't see this post before

thankyou, and thanks for kick-starting the idea, and thanks for being okay about me surgically removing "Brad" from your masterpiece for the sake of my story-line!!

Who said I was okay with that? (JK)  :-)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/09/06 at 11:02 pm

Who said I was okay with that? (JK)   :-)

whoops - point taken, Rick.  Of course you were the only contributor who didn't respond to my call (being the initial inspiration), so I WAS just assuming you'd be okay with it, based on your thanking me for including you

I pondered how to make it right, so now I'm posting a link to your original parody on the MB manuscript, and as a reply on the first (yours) Brangelina Amiright submission...

sorry about that :-[

Written By: Rick Cormier on 03/10/06 at 5:24 am

whoops - point taken, Rick.  Of course you were the only contributor who didn't respond to my call (being the initial inspiration), so I WAS just assuming you'd be okay with it, based on your thanking me for including you

I pondered how to make it right, so now I'm posting a link to your original parody on the MB manuscript, and as a reply on the first (yours) Brangelina Amiright submission...

sorry about that :-[

Stu, I was kidding. JK=just kidding. I am flattered that you included mine in your fabulous musical. There's no need to repost or, to apologize.

I apologize for not responding to your call. I meant to but, my life is a whirlwind right now. Sorry, Stu.

Written By: larry on 03/10/06 at 4:24 pm

Great job, Stu!

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/10/06 at 10:27 pm

Stu, I was kidding. JK=just kidding. I am flattered that you included mine in your fabulous musical. There's no need to repost or, to apologize.

I apologize for not responding to your call. I meant to but, my life is a whirlwind right now. Sorry, Stu.

no worries, Rick.  I know what j/k means, but I thought you had a point anyway.  By "my call" I meant my call to other writers to add Angelina parodies to the two that you and I had already written.

What I meant was, they were writing theirs under the assumption I'd link them together thru fair means or foul.  Being the original writer, you hadn't had that option, which I thought might have been a tad unethical :-\\

Subject: Re: *** Brangelina - Complete Work - Finally finished, thanks to One-Guy!!! ***

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/10/06 at 10:33 pm

Ha! You'll recall what Kevin Spacey did to Angelina's Brad in Se7en? 

Well, those who have read the recent Brangelina Musical might have noticed I left a similarly elaborate Spacey-like trap for the Ones-Guy, which the poor schlub fell right into - which I appreciate of course, as it would have taken 15 minutes of my own precious time to go through and 111 every instalment. 

But, of course noone is more predictable than pathetic Ones-Guy, so I waited..............and YES!! He(she) did ALL the work FOR me (gloat!!) - proving that his time definitely IS less valuable than everybody else's.  So a big hand for the ones-guy. 

Now, Part 15 finished on a cliff-hanger, with Angelina deciding to visit Amiright to read "Brangelina" for herself. 

This previously-withheld 16th instalment (oh, stop feeling sorry for yourself, Ones-Guy) is about Angelina retaliating against all us authors by 111-ing EVERY single instalment.  And, as I said, please thank the ones-guy for doing all that laborious 111-ing for me...

"ONE"D BY THE PEEVED ANGELINA!
by Stuart McArthur

ANGELINA JOLIE

It was displeasing
I felt outraged
when I saw "Brangelina" on line
with its fifteen instalments that mocked Brad and me
I had to hurt you
To punish you harshly - to devastate you
I couldn't "one" fifteen at once
I "one"d  six, then seven, then two

It took me thirty minutes
and I must say
(must try to explain how I feel)
that I'm proud of the work that went into those ones
You can't believe it!
- running around, wishing it were untrue
I'm sorry, but what's done is done!
There's 1-1-1s FOR each of you

"One"d by the peeved Angelina
You'll each wear these scars I left you
all through your lifetime
You'll be neurotics
You'll wake up screaming
You'll take narcotics

And as for Cormier
and as for Cat
I'm sure you'll regret what you did
though it seemed at the time you were just having fun
You're both now ruined
It's not quite the fun that Stu said it would be
and (though it took lots of my time)
I've hurt you worse than you hurt me

The truth is I've had the last laugh
on Spaff and Pieman
and John A Barry
and Royce and JD
Red Ant and Larry

Have I missed someone?
Of course, Bad Stu and Evil Matthias too!
So, was it really worth this misery
now I've 1-1...
-1'd...
you?

"One"d By The Peeved Angelina

(hee hee)

Subject: Re: *** Brangelina - Complete Work - Finally finished, thanks to One-Guy!!! ***

Written By: Red Ant on 03/11/06 at 12:06 am

I hope you are submitting that Stu, funny work. Maybe the next musical project could be a 'tribute' to the 1s-guy.

Subject: Re: *** Brangelina - Complete Work - Finally finished, thanks to Ones-Guy!!! ***

Written By: Rick Cormier on 03/11/06 at 1:45 pm

Once again, I tip my hat to you, Mr. McArthur. Excellent comeback on the One's Guy! HA! And, yes, please do submit that parody. Great work!

Subject: Re: *** Brangelina - Complete Work - Finally finished, thanks to Ones-Guy!!! ***

Written By: Matthias on 03/11/06 at 4:19 pm

Amazing Dis Of The One's Guy... I man Gal.... (Stu submit it, please!)

Check for new replies or respond here...