inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Slam It! Hollywood

Written By: Matthias on 05/02/06 at 2:28 pm

Time to roll out the red carpet, turn on the lights, roll up the camera, and yell insults at the big, rich people walking across that rug.
That right, I don't know why but we as parody writers hate actors...
We hate them!
So now, from May 2nd to May 15th, it's time to express your hatred through what I like to call....

Slam It! Hollywood!

Here's The Rules

RULES
1. Parodies must insult actors/ actresses not the movies that they are in
2. Each parody must be responded to with a comment, no DKTOS
3. No one can submit more than one song
4. Have fun, and don't hurt yourself

Submittion Deadline: May 15th

Subject: Re: Slam It! Hollywood

Written By: Matthias on 05/02/06 at 2:40 pm

Here's my shot at this contest...
Camera Shot that is...
http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/disney9.shtml

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/03/06 at 6:05 am

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to skip this one. It's not that the subject is hard...it's just that there's no actors that I hate. Seriously. I hate certain singers, but actors...no hate. Probably because I don't expand my horizons and only watch certain movies ;D.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/03/06 at 10:49 am

Hey, conqie, don't bow out. You don't have to hate them to spoof them, as proven by this entry.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/thepolice49.shtml

Give this parody some post-vote-wipe nods, please!  :-\\

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/04/06 at 1:40 am

Hey, conqie, don't bow out. You don't have to hate them to spoof them, as proven by this entry.

.....I don't get it. If I had to make a parody about slamming Hollywood, it would be about it's stereotypical 'Aussie' accent (which is actually a mix of New Zealander and British accents). Too bad it won't go good in this comp...neither can I think of a suitable OS.

Written By: Cat on 05/04/06 at 4:26 pm

Pieman, you can always slam an Australian celebrity...Russell Crowe certainly is ripe for parody, for example.

Written By: Scathe on 05/05/06 at 1:56 am

1. Parodies must insult actors/ actresses not the movies that they are in

I don't have any parodies about any celebrities and no ideas come to mind, so I'm out.  I do, however, know of at least one parody author on AmIRight with an "end all" entry.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/05/06 at 3:23 am

Pieman, you can always slam an Australian celebrity...Russell Crowe certainly is ripe for parody, for example.

Righty then...now, what OS? Any songs that would rhyme with 'Russel Crowe' or 'flip the finger'? I thought of doing it on 'Get Low' by Lil' Jon and the Eastside Boys, but I doubt it.

Written By: Cat on 05/05/06 at 3:52 pm

Since many people title parodies of this song based on the "I Walk Alone" line, how about parodying Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" with the title "Whacked By Cell Phone" or something like that?

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/05/06 at 8:19 pm

Since many people title parodies of this song based on the "I Walk Alone" line, how about parodying Green Day's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" with the title "Whacked By Cell Phone" or something like that?

That is a good idea...it'll break my 'never parody a song twice' rule, though. But...I'm willing to break it this one time. I'm on it.

Written By: Cat on 05/05/06 at 8:37 pm

Of course there are always exceptions to the rule. I try to follow that, too, but I made an exception for Stu's Brangelina project since I submitted two parts to that.

Written By: Matthias on 05/05/06 at 9:48 pm

Well, I'll hopefully get more than two submittions or this contest is going to be pretty lame....  :\'(
C'mon people, I need your songs!!!!
And I 2nd Cat's idea, Cat you know you could always do it....

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 05/05/06 at 11:30 pm

my apologies Matthias! - I know you just clicked back onto this thread hoping there was a third entry, only to see this disappointing comment, but I too am struggling with my back catalogue.  I can't believe I haven't lampooned an actor yet.  I want to enter, so I'll have another look...(may have to be a left-field connection though)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 05/05/06 at 11:42 pm

*stupid stupid stupid*

I completely overlooked this obvious one

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/jonimitchell9.shtml

so that's three - any more anyone?

Written By: Red Ant on 05/05/06 at 11:51 pm

Dumb Whore ( Paris Hilton bash )

Paris Hilton has been in at least one movie.  ;D

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/06/06 at 7:12 am

Next AmIRight update, I'll have "Oh, Russell Crowe" up. It deals with his throwing of a broken telephone, his thrusting of a finger at poor Meredith Moroney, his scuffle with 3 twits trying to extort him, and the bad portrayal of an Aussie he's giving...oops, I just ruined it, didn't I :-here, or maybe here).

Written By: Matthias on 05/06/06 at 6:02 pm

You're right Antman, but I don't think Paris's "movie" counts as her being an actress, at least not a good one... Heh, heh, heh....

Written By: Cat on 05/06/06 at 8:38 pm

Lest we forget that she was in the remake of House of Wax?

So technically, she is an actress.

Written By: Matthias on 05/06/06 at 8:59 pm

True, I forgot about that one

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/06/06 at 11:18 pm

And here it is:

Oh, Russell Crowe

Have fun!:D

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/11/06 at 3:00 am

So...is this contest gonna get started or what? Is 5 entrants enough? Or do we need more?

Written By: Matthias on 05/11/06 at 3:12 pm

I was going to wait for the 15th
But I guess since no one else is submitting, my work is done here

Check for new replies or respond here...