inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Veggie Tales parody contest-- submit by 8 AM CDT Monday July 24, 2006

Written By: schnautzr on 07/17/06 at 10:39 am

I have written several parodies this week, and I have found Veggie Tales parodies seem to be the funniest when it's all said and done.
So I want to see if anyone else can write a good Veggie Tales parody.

Here are the rules:

1. Submit as many Veggie Tales parodies (parodies on Veggie Tales tunes, NOT Veggie Tales-related parodies on other tunes!) as you like by the deadline (8 AM Central Daylight Time, Monday July 24, 2006) and the voting will take place the following week.  ::)
2. Keep it clean.  :P No cursing, swearing, sex, skin, or mention to rear ends or excretions from them.  :o Such entries will be ignored.  :\'(
3. Keep it funny! ;D
4. Have fun!  :D
5. Get started already!  ;)

Subject: Re: Veggie Tales parody contest-- submit by 8 AM CDT Monday July 24, 2006

Written By: schnautzr on 07/17/06 at 10:41 am

You Are A Thief (Burglar)

Subject: Re: Veggie Tales parody contest-- submit by 8 AM CDT Monday July 24, 2006

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/17/06 at 11:50 am

Weird Bob, it's all fine and good that you have started this contest. However, we usually include the link to the parody's page in the entry thread. Could you do so? It's just good form, is all. :)

Written By: schnautzr on 07/17/06 at 11:59 am

Weird Bob, it's all fine and good that you have started this contest. However, we usually include the link to the parody's page in the entry thread. Could you do so? It's just good form, is all. :)

What makes you say that?

Just kidding...I've respected the tradition and done like you said, although three of my four entries have to get past ChuckyG yet.

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/17/06 at 12:22 pm

three of my four entries have to get past ChuckyG yet.

That would be the primary reason that the URLs must be available.  8)

Written By: schnautzr on 07/17/06 at 1:10 pm

makes sense to me. They should hopefully be up tomorrow. I seem to submit them just minutes after he finishes updating...once I got one in right before he did the update, but it's never happened since!  :-\\

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/18/06 at 12:24 pm

Note that Chucky is not necessarily the viewer and poster. Also, note that new submissions TYPICALLY (but not always) are up in the midmorning. If you posted 12 hours beforehand, it should show up unless your parody has less than 10 lines or is deemed sexual.

Written By: schnautzr on 07/18/06 at 2:52 pm

Extra Credit Song

Written By: schnautzr on 07/18/06 at 2:54 pm

I Love My Hips

Written By: schnautzr on 07/18/06 at 2:58 pm

The Waterproof Mower Song

Um, I see nobody else has entered yet...maybe if too few people submit I'll extend the deadline.

Written By: Red Ant on 07/19/06 at 12:07 am

Um, I see nobody else has entered yet...maybe if too few people submit I'll extend the deadline.

Hey Weird Bob. I love contests, but IMHO you're going to have a hard time finding entries for this one. As far as I can tell, there are only maybe 10 Veggie Tale song parodies on the entire site, and (aside from yourself) the authors that wrote those parodies are for the most part retired or never entered a competition.

I don't know any Veggie Tale tunes, but I might d/l one in the next few days and see what I can do with it.

edit: TSB has 5 of them, but don't hold your breath waiting for him to enter this contest.

Written By: schnautzr on 07/19/06 at 3:19 pm

okay..forget it. thanks for caring, though, you two! :)

Check for new replies or respond here...