inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Conquerer's Tribute Competition

Written By: Matthias on 08/07/06 at 4:58 pm

The two winners of the Idea Parody Contest Contest were The_Conquerer_Of_Parodies with his Tribute Parody contest, and Cat with her "Trash Talking Contest", and I being the good host I am, said that I would sponcer the winner's ideas in contest format. So here we go starting with The_Conquerer_Of_Parodies's contest, chosen purely by chance...

TRIBUTE COMPETITION

Anybody intrested here is how this competition will run
People intrested in participating in this competition will add their names to the "hat", and in 8 days after we have at least 10 particpants I will chose these names and like how it was in the Song Parody Challange people will be matched up.

There are a few rules to this competition as well....

RULES
1. To enter simply add your name
2. Song can be any, perferably genres often times done by the person selected to you
3. One Tribute Per Person
4. You can not vote for your own tributre
5. No DKTOS acceptable, if you DON'T KNOW THE ORIGINAL SONG, comment on the writing
6. By entering you are agreeing to comment on all the other parodies, and vote
7. After 8 days no more names are accepted
8. We must at least have 8 names or the competition will not be acceptable

DEADLINE
5 days: August 12th

Subject: Re: Conquerer's Tribute Competition

Written By: Cat on 08/07/06 at 5:38 pm

I'm in. But I have a question...shouldn't we provide our life stories to one another first?

Written By: Matthias on 08/07/06 at 6:40 pm

I was thinking they could base you off your personality, and/or songs... Like Arwen, Tommy Turtle, Claude Prez, and Spaff.com (4 big names when it comes to tribute writing)

Written By: Matthias on 08/07/06 at 9:06 pm

I of course am in

Written By: Red Ant on 08/08/06 at 12:50 am

I think I might be able to write a tribute; after all, I've done a few of them.  ;)

Note: Whomever gets me as a pick, anything is fine, my parody catalog and bio should be enough to give you a good read on me. And, in case you are still in the dark, just doing a kick-ass parody of a fairly obscure first-generation grunge song would more than make my day.  :)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/08/06 at 1:41 am

I nearly shat my pants when I saw this. Obviously, I'm in my own competition! The trick is, whoever gets to do a song about me is going to have some trouble! Of course, they could cheat by doing 'bobpiecheese' ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/08/06 at 12:45 pm

Screw it, I'm in. :D

Written By: Arwen on 08/08/06 at 1:46 pm

Before I commit, I just want to ask a few questions...

We'll be writing a tribute to another AmiRight author...right?  Who is assigned to us...right?  And is the pool of tribute-ees just the group who are competing in the competition?  Or, is it going to be some other random person from the site, who may not even be competing?

Okay, I've asked them...and I'll play, regardless of the answers...but I would still like to know.  I will use any excuse to make people write a parody about me... ;)

Written By: Matthias on 08/08/06 at 2:36 pm

It's only the people playing in the tribute competition which we write parodies about, I will match each contestant up with another person in the same way of the Song Parody Challange ealier...

Written By: Arwen on 08/08/06 at 3:38 pm

Okay...like I said, I'm in.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/08/06 at 4:24 pm

Oh, why not? I've written only 1 tribute parody (to alvin rhodes) so, somebody else is certainly due. Oops, I wrote one about the elf princess too so, I guess she's out but, I'm in anyway.

Written By: Arwen on 08/08/06 at 4:35 pm

Oh, why not? I've written only 1 tribute parody (to alvin rhodes) so, somebody else is certainly due.

Nuh Uuuuh! I can think of another (fairly fabulous) tribute you wrote...

Oops, I wrote one about the elf princess too so, I guess she's out but, I'm in anyway.

There you go... :-*

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/09/06 at 8:00 am

I'm in. But I have a question...shouldn't we provide our life stories to one another first?

Rely on the author's parody page (if they have one), plus any other comments they might have made on inthe00s.com and on other parodies. Take note of the songs they have written...their styles, their choice of artists, their most voted works. That's how I wrote "Tommy The Turtle" and "The Top 10 Parodists."

Written By: jreuben on 08/09/06 at 9:28 am

I'm in.

Written By: Matthias on 08/10/06 at 1:02 pm

Alright we got the 8 names, so we can begin now if you all want to.
If anyone else wishes to join they still have an oppertunity for the remaining 5 days.
But as of now we have the 8 names we need....

1. Me (Matthias)
2. Arwen
3. Conquerer_of_Parodies
4. Cat
5. Agrimorfee
6. Red Ant
7. Jeff Reuben
8. Rick Cormier

Written By: Matthias on 08/10/06 at 5:28 pm

Alright... Since I got no responce I'm going to go ahead a divide all of you up.... Here it goes....

Written By: meow78223 on 08/11/06 at 11:28 am

I'm in.

meow78223= Michael McVey

MM

Written By: Matthias on 08/11/06 at 11:36 am

Sorry Mike... I already divided the names up... I'll be sure to include in you in the next round though. Cat's "Trash Talking" 'round.

Check for new replies or respond here...