inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tribute Competition Draws

Written By: Matthias on 08/10/06 at 6:07 pm

Alright I pulled out that old pirates hat from the costume store, and chose the people you shall be writing about....
Drumroll please...

-drumroll-

........ And the draws are.......

Draws
Cat's writing a tribute to... Arwen
Matthias's writing a tribute to.... Red Ant
Red Ant's writing a tribute to... Cat
The_Conquerer_Of_Parodies's writing a tribute to... Rick Cormier
Agrimorfee's writing a tribute to... The_Conquerer_Of_Parodies
Arwen's writing a tribute to... Jeff Reuben
Rick Cormier's writing a tribute to... Agrimorfee
Jeff Reuben's writing a tribute to... Matthias

The songs shall be completed in about two weeks...
August 25th

Voting shall be till...
September 1st

RULES
1. To enter simply add your name
2. Song can be any, perferably genres often times done by the person selected to you
3. One Tribute Per Person
4. You can not vote for your own tributre
5. No DKTOS acceptable, if you DON'T KNOW THE ORIGINAL SONG, comment on the writing
6. By entering you are agreeing to comment on all the other parodies, and vote
7. After 8 days no more names are accepted
8. We must at least have 8 names or the competition will not be acceptable

(Note) If you need any help at all with your tribute's information feel free to personal message one of us.

Subject: Re: Tribute Competition Draws

Written By: Red Ant on 08/10/06 at 11:16 pm

Sweet! One question though:

4. You can not vote for your own tributre

I take it I cannot vote for the one I wrote (in my case, to Cat), nor the one written about me (your tribute), which leaves 6 elligible voteable entries and 5 points spots. If I am correct, then IMHO points should be awarded to all entries by all participants (6 points spots) or we should go with a top 3.

Also, August 20th is just 9 days away... I was hoping to have a solid two weeks, preferably three, to write my tribute, and also not have the voting date so close to the July SOTM voting deadline.

So, I humbly ask, is there any flexibility in the dates, Matthias?

Written By: Matthias on 08/11/06 at 1:08 am

I'm sorry, I'll give you to the 25th, that's exactly 2 weeks today...
And my plans were for voting for your Top 3

Written By: Red Ant on 08/11/06 at 1:40 am

I'm sorry, I'll give you to the 25th, that's exactly 2 weeks today...
And my plans were for voting for your Top 3

Thanks!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/11/06 at 2:00 am

What about Red Ant's other question? Are we not allowed to vote for the one we submit AND the tribute to us?

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/11/06 at 8:28 am

Yes, assuming that we are honestly voting for Quality, not Personal Bias, how is this going to work out?

Written By: jreuben on 08/11/06 at 8:47 am

If we're only voting our top 3, it sounds like we're excluding voting for the song we wrote, and the song dedicated to us.  Which makes sense.

Written By: Cat on 08/11/06 at 9:52 am

Yay! I got the easy one! There's plenty to write about our Elf Princess, and I know how she loves flattery...

Written By: Matthias on 08/11/06 at 10:46 am

Yes, Jeff is right... You cannot vote for the one based off of you (Due to egotistical reasons, which I know I would have, and might as well ease myself out of it), or the one that you wrote.....

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/11/06 at 10:51 am

Agrimorfee??? Darn! The last time he wrote a tribute to someone, they stopped posting. I hope my tribute to him doesn't have the same result.  :-[

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/11/06 at 1:55 pm

Agrimorfee??? Darn! The last time he wrote a tribute to someone, they stopped posting. I hope my tribute to him doesn't have the same result.   :-[

I hope the vice versa doesn't occur, either :D
Does anyone know whatever happened to Tommy T.? :\'(

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/11/06 at 2:00 pm

I hope the vice versa doesn't occur, either :D
Does anyone know whatever happened to Tommy T.? :\'(

No, he just vanished.

Written By: Cat on 08/11/06 at 8:50 pm

I miss the ol' turtle as well. :( He gave me quite a few nice compliments. 

Shame he never came on the boards though, so there's no way to contact him...we just have to put our collective powers together and try to summon him out of his shell.

Written By: Arwen on 08/12/06 at 2:05 am

Arwen's writing a tribute to... Jeff Reuben

FABulous... :)  It's about time that I write something wonderful for Jeff!

Or, even that I write something at all for Jeff...(in the tribute department, I've historically been much more prolific as subject matter than as a writer...but I swear I'll think of something!)... ;)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/12/06 at 7:53 am

The_Conquerer_Of_Parodies's writing a tribute to... Rick Cormier
Agrimorfee's writing a tribute to... The_Conquerer_Of_Parodies

That was weird. My name used twice in near quick succession. Spooky. Anyway...

Hmmm. Rick Cormier. Not a parodist I'm familiar with. At least this'll give me a chance to get to know him...parody-wise, anyway. And I'll definitely have a good laugh reading whatever Agri's gonna write about me.

Let the flattery begin! :P

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/12/06 at 12:39 pm

Hmmm. Rick Cormier. Not a parodist I'm familiar with.

* winces *

phew, conqueror, just when I'm hoping you'll start to keep your head low, after all the bodyblows you've been getting, you do it again!

how could you NOT know Rick??  :o  Maybe you know him as Rick C?  He's not exactly low-profile, and he just won a SOTM that you voted in, and he's bloody well high profile on the Message Boards (well you are, Rick - I'm always interested in your point of view)

surely you need to rephrase that, bobpie.....please, mate!!!!

Written By: Red Ant on 08/12/06 at 1:28 pm

Hmmm. Rick Cormier. Not a parodist I'm familiar with. At least this'll give me a chance to get to know him...parody-wise, anyway.

I was hoping this was more of that Austrailian humor which occasionally escapes me, but if even Stu didn't see it that way....

Well, conqueror, Rick Cormier has written only a few parodies, and is a total noob. He's never recorded any of his works, nor any of Spaff's for that matter, and has never medaled in any competition. The guy just doesn't have a handle on the pacing thing yet, and few of his works are 555 material.

(Note to the sarcasm impaired: The above paragraph is complete and utter BS).

bobpiecheese, I suggest you look here for starters:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/rickcormier.shtml

I believe Rick is the only parodist left who I've never once voted less than 555. That should tell you something right there. His recordings are great too.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/12/06 at 6:53 pm

At least this'll give me a chance to get to know him...parody-wise, anyway.

That's how I hope to be known around here, Bob.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/12/06 at 7:01 pm

* winces *

phew, conqueror, just when I'm hoping you'll start to keep your head low, after all the bodyblows you've been getting, you do it again!

how could you NOT know Rick??  :o  Maybe you know him as Rick C?  He's not exactly low-profile, and he just won a SOTM that you voted in, and he's bloody well high profile on the Message Boards (well you are, Rick - I'm always interested in your point of view)

surely you need to rephrase that, bobpie.....please, mate!!!!

Heh heh! Stu, you know I would never do or say ANYTHING that could potentially ruin my chances at a glowing tribute.  ;)

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/12/06 at 7:14 pm

I believe Rick is the only parodist left who I've never once voted less than 555. That should tell you something right there. His recordings are great too.

Hey, thank you, Jack. Wow! This is a GREAT contest so far! But, enough about ME. What does EVERYONE ELSE think about ME?

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/12/06 at 8:39 pm

Hey, thank you, Jack. Wow! This is a GREAT contest so far! But, enough about ME. What does EVERYONE ELSE think about ME?

* hmm, that gives me an idea... *

good point Rick and...

WHAT!!! :o

did I just hear conqueror say he's never heard of Stuart McArthur?

that's OUTRAGEOUS!!

(c'mon, defend and compliment me guys :))

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/12/06 at 9:43 pm

good point Rick and...

that's OUTRAGEOUS!!

LOL!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/12/06 at 10:42 pm

I was hoping this was more of that Austrailian humor which occasionally escapes me, but if even Stu didn't see it that way....

Well, conqueror, Rick Cormier has written only a few parodies, and is a total noob. He's never recorded any of his works, nor any of Spaff's for that matter, and has never medaled in any competition. The guy just doesn't have a handle on the pacing thing yet, and few of his works are 555 material.

(Note to the sarcasm impaired: The above paragraph is complete and utter BS).

bobpiecheese, I suggest you look here for starters:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/rickcormier.shtml

::) :P Dont worry. I looked there, and discovered that Rick has done more parodies of The Beatles than any other artist. He also said in the bio that he was impacted the most musically by The Beatles. So I decided to make my tribute to Rick a parody of some song by The Beatles.

That's a good idea, isn't it? Making the tribute a parody of a song that the person you're honouring would identify with.

Which means Agri should make his tribute to me a parody of a song from the 2000's. Okay with that, Agri?

And as for what Stu said...with how could I not know Rick...look, I haven't been around here as long as you guys, so I haven't read a lot of his parodies (just the ones that have gone SOTM...duh).

Also, how do you pronounce Cormier? Is it two syllables or three? I just need to know for pacing reasons.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/12/06 at 10:55 pm

good point Rick and...

that's OUTRAGEOUS!!

*rushes to Stu's aide*

*assumes the spirit of Beavis*

Well, ahem. Um, Stuart McArthur is a great guy. While he has many talents, the one that I envy is his ability to use a toilet that is mounted to the ceiling. Anyone who can take a dump upside-down, without getting wet or falling off, is a-okay in my book. Thank you drive through, heh hehehehe heh heh.

*or, are the toilets mounted to the floor in Austrailia and the water just spirals backward?*

;)

Written By: Cat on 08/12/06 at 11:29 pm

I think you'd best hear it from the man himself, Pieman, but being that I take French I've always pronounced his name the French way, corm-ee-yay. But maybe he thinks that's too pretentious or something. (hey, it works for Stephen Colbert...)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/13/06 at 3:19 am

::) :P Dont worry. I looked there, and discovered that Rick has done more parodies of The Beatles than any other artist. He also said in the bio that he was impacted the most musically by The Beatles. So I decided to make my tribute to Rick a parody of some song by The Beatles.

Bob....I think it's Rick DUNCAN who you're describing here; he's parodied EVERY Beatles song. Rick's done a few, but.... ???

Also, how do you pronounce Cormier? Is it two syllables or three? I just need to know for pacing reasons.

I'm not sure, bob; it could be "c'mere", as in "yo, byatch, c'mere!"....or it could be "crummier"....or "sore-my-ay" or even "Yan-ko-vic"....go with what feels good for you.  ;D

What do I think about Rick? I'm not allowed to say; the District Court's put a gag order on me....

good point Rick and...

that's OUTRAGEOUS!!

(sigh...here we go again)

Stu and I served together in Vietnam....not the war, mind you, but behind the bar at Mama's Pole-Dancing Palace in Hanoi; where, if Mama was short of girls, Stu would often put on a sequinned G string and fill in.
During those heady years where we shared a broom closet, I came to know Stu as a friendly but highly unstable bon- viveur, keeper of small rodents, and all round good(ish) guy. On our return to Australia, Stu and I parted company....me returning to my home town, and Stu heading to the outback to set up a colony for leprous wombats in the small town of Didjabringabeeralong. I lost contact with him until that wondrous day when i saw his smug, wrinkled visage on the pages of Amiright.
I'd tell you about the time he tried to smuggle Camembert into Uruguay, but that's for another day.... 8)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/13/06 at 3:24 am

And as for what Stu said...with how could I not know Rick...look, I haven't been around here as long as you guys, so I haven't read a lot of his parodies (just the ones that have gone SOTM...duh).

I understand that, bobpie, and I know you're only fifteen, which is why I keep hoping you'll work out how to avoid offending people to the degree where they whack you back, hard - when usually your original offending slight had been quite unintentional.  (It mus be coz you're an Aussie that I feel this empathy :))  

What I meant was, maybe you should think about more accurately phrasing some of your immediate thoughts before you immediately post them.  Such as when you talk about people insulting you, and when you tell us to get our acts together because we don't realise bobpie and conqueror are the same dude, and when you seem to be questioning the sanity of writers whose parodies you don't quite understand, or when you say that you're unfamiliar with one of the leading writers on the site, or when you question aloud why you don't have as many SOTM points as somebody else.

Of course, if the irritated reactions to these comments don't bother you, fair enough, go for your life, but they do seem to bother you because you always seem to be bewildered and hurt afterwards

In the above instance, it's hard to hear you say you haven't really given Rick any consideration or thought because you've only been on the site about a year, after reading your parody lamenting the fact that some people haven't made the effort to realise you write under two different names

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/13/06 at 3:54 am

Stu and I served together in Vietnam....not the war, mind you, but behind the bar at Mama's Pole-Dancing Palace in Hanoi; where, if Mama was short of girls, Stu would often put on a sequinned G string and fill in.
During those heady years where we shared a broom closet, I came to know Stu as a friendly but highly unstable bon- viveur, keeper of small rodents, and all round good(ish) guy. On our return to Australia, Stu and I parted company....me returning to my home town, and Stu heading to the outback to set up a colony for leprous wombats in the small town of Didjabringabeeralong. I lost contact with him until that wondrous day when i saw his smug, wrinkled visage on the pages of Amiright.
I'd tell you about the time he tried to smuggle Camembert into Uruguay, but that's for another day.... 8)

yeah, people must be REALLY getting sick of hearing that tired old tale by now Kristof ::)  (

and I plum forgot about that sequinned g-string - I'm sorry mate - I meant to return it, but I just get SO many compliments about it 

(and not only did I used to fill in whenever there was a girl-shortage, I also filled it OUT, as you can see from this old "Hanoi Mama's" promotional card 

http://images.google.com.au/images?q=tbn:3s2Pxhsv6xSiMM:http://i.b5z.net/i/u/1627330

(and I didn't smuggle camembert in uruguay, you goose - I cuddled Humphrey Bear in Narrabri  ::)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/13/06 at 4:13 am

oh, and for Cat, here's the (American) translation version of my previous post

LMAO!! ;D

Written By: Peregrin on 08/13/06 at 4:14 am

(and I didn't smuggle camembert in uruguay, you goose - I cuddled Humphrey Bear in Narrabri  ::)

Having had the distinct mispleasure of having to spend a night in Narrabri, I would suggest that cuddling Humphrey Bear could only have improved matters  ;)

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/13/06 at 5:42 am

That's a good idea, isn't it? Making the tribute a parody of a song that the person you're honouring would identify with.

Which means Agri should make his tribute to me a parody of a song from the 2000's. Okay with that, Agri?

Using a Beatles song wouldn't be a bad idea. I have parodied a few of their songs (not what I would consider my best work though). Most of those parodies were written when I first came on here and, was posting one or two a day.

I pronounce it COR-me-air, with the accent on the first syllable. That is not the French way to do it but, I try NOT to do anything the way the French do.

Good Luck!

Written By: Red Ant on 08/13/06 at 11:41 pm

Bob....I think it's Rick DUNCAN who you're describing here; he's parodied EVERY Beatles song. Rick's done a few, but.... ???

Actually, I gave Rick C's author page URL to bobpiecheese, so he is correct. Rick C has 9 Beatles' parodies, which is more than any artist (not parody author).

Rick C's bio exercpt: "The Beatles had the biggest impact on me musically."

Funny story about Stu too!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/14/06 at 2:06 am

I pronounce it COR-me-air, with the accent on the first syllable. That is not the French way to do it but, I try NOT to do anything the way the French do.

Good Luck!

I THOUGHT so! ;D

I'll probably parody "Let It Be" into "It's Rick C".

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/14/06 at 7:54 am

...Agri should make his tribute to me a parody of a song from the 2000's. Okay with that, Agri?

Sorry, Conq, but your tribute is almost complete, to the tune of an oldie-moldie that was probably recorded when your old man was naught but a glint in yer grandpappy's eye. Stay tuned...

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/14/06 at 10:20 am

Uh, bob, I just checked your author page and, I discovered that I have been around here a LOT longer than you have. In fact, I started posting parodies here EIGHT DAYS before you did!

Written By: Cat on 08/14/06 at 11:32 am

I think for Arwen I'm going to be doing it to "Lola" by The Kinks, so I'm calling dibs to make sure nobody else wants to do that OS.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/14/06 at 11:49 am

I think for Arwen I'm going to be doing it to "Lola" by The Kinks, so I'm calling dibs to make sure nobody else wants to do that OS.
My tribute to Agrimorfee is finished but, I'm not telling him anything about it, except that it is to a song he has parodied but, I never had, until now. MWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!

Written By: Arwen on 08/14/06 at 12:38 pm

Oh GREAT..."Lola" is one of my secret pet names for Jeff! 

Oh well, fair is fair...I'll have to go with "Mandy" by Barry Manilow. ;)

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/14/06 at 12:48 pm

Oh GREAT..."Lola" is one of my secret pet names for Jeff! 

Oh well, fair is fair...I'll have to go with "Mandy" by Barry Manilow. ;)
LOL !

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/14/06 at 5:03 pm

Uh, bob, I just checked your author page and, I discovered that I have been around here a LOT longer than you have. In fact, I started posting parodies here EIGHT DAYS before you did!

*bob, (now unable to live with the shame) takes to the hills, finds a large cave, removes any resident marsupials, and ponders the meaning of existence.  ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/14/06 at 5:39 pm

My tribute to Agrimorfee is finished but, I'm not telling him anything about it, except that it is to a song he has parodied but, I never had, until now. MWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!

:o ???

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/14/06 at 8:23 pm

*bob, (now unable to live with the shame) takes to the hills, finds a large cave, removes any resident marsupials, and ponders the meaning of existence.  ;)

to be fair, that IS 8 days less than the rest of us have had to get to know Rick, and I'm tipping that in 8 days time, he'll have well and truly caught up ;)

oh and bob, if any of those cave-dwelling marsupials are small and gerbil-shaped, would you mind sending them this way?  I'm sure Australia Post has purpose-built post-paks

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/14/06 at 8:47 pm

bob, I hope you're not taking any of this to heart. It's all in jest.  :) You'll have to admit though, you have made it fairly easy for us.  :D

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/14/06 at 11:08 pm

bob, I hope you're not taking any of this to heart. It's all in jest.  :) You'll have to admit though, you have made it fairly easy for us.  :D

yes, it's all in fun, bobpie - we gave Cat a bit of a roasting last week, and now it's your turn, and when that's over it's back to Kristof, I guess ;)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/15/06 at 1:44 am

Actually...the funny thing about that is...

When I first started posting parodies, I accidentally, with my first parody, had my name as "The_conqueror_of_parodies" instead of "the_conqueror_of_parodies". Then followed a huge shemozzle which I (welll, ChuckyG) recently fixed. So, my first parody is no longer on my author page nor on the site. It was the original submition of "Just Eat It". And it was submitted on...wait for it...25th of March! The same date that Rick also started.

Weird, huh?

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/15/06 at 4:53 am

Actually...the funny thing about that is...

When I first started posting parodies, I accidentally, with my first parody, had my name as "The_conqueror_of_parodies" instead of "the_conqueror_of_parodies". Then followed a huge shemozzle which I (welll, ChuckyG) recently fixed. So, my first parody is no longer on my author page nor on the site. It was the original submition of "Just Eat It". And it was submitted on...wait for it...25th of March! The same date that Rick also started.

Weird, huh?
Wow, that IS weird!

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/15/06 at 9:36 am

Assuming our entries are to be posted here?

"The Conqueror (of Parodies)":
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/dionthebelmonts3.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 08/15/06 at 10:18 am

Red Ant here's your tribute...

Enter Red Ant
http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/metallica52.shtml

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/16/06 at 7:19 am

Hey, Agri, your tribute should show up today. I'll post a link when it appears. :-)

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/16/06 at 11:59 am

Hey, Agri, your tribute should show up today. I'll post a link when it appears. :-)
Well, there's been no update yet today. I submitted it last night so, it SHOULD show up shortly.  :-\\

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/16/06 at 12:05 pm

Yay! Here

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/16/06 at 1:02 pm

Hey folks, I dunno if you are having problems, but the "New Submissions" field doesn't seem to be updating today, at least on my monitor. How did you know that it came in, Rick?

(A very, very nice tribute, too, BTW. thanks)

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/16/06 at 1:07 pm

Hey folks, I dunno if you are having problems, but the "New Submissions" field doesn't seem to be updating today, at least on my monitor. How did you know that it came in, Rick?

I found it by going into my Author Page. It was listed in there but, it still isn't available from the Amiright home page. (as of 2 minutes ago).

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/16/06 at 1:08 pm

Oops! You're welcome, Agri. :-) I was hoping you'd like it.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/16/06 at 4:19 pm

My tribute is almost ready for Cat, I just need to do some hyperlinking.  :D

What happened to the updates today? Anyone PM ChuckyG yet?

I'll check your tribute to Agrimorfee later tonight Rick, I'm headed out to dinner and a movie here in a few minutes.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/16/06 at 4:41 pm

My tribute is almost ready for Cat, I just need to do some hyperlinking.  :D

What happened to the updates today? Anyone PM ChuckyG yet?

I'll check your tribute to Agrimorfee later tonight Rick, I'm headed out to dinner and a movie here in a few minutes.
Well, I hope you enjoy your dinner and movie, Mr. and Mrs. Ant!

Written By: Red Ant on 08/16/06 at 8:24 pm

Well, I hope you enjoy your dinner and movie, Mr. and Mrs. Ant!

Thanks for the well wishes, Rick. Nicole and I ate at Outback, though we were so stuffed we skipped the movie. She is going to give me my present later on tonight.... much later, lol.

I really hope Cat likes her tribute, considering I wrote it on my first day off in nearly a month, a day which also happens to be my real birthday.

I see the front page is now showing the 16th, so I'll head over there in a bit.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/16/06 at 10:11 pm

Nicole and I ate at Outback

I'll be very disappointed if you didn't say "I'll have the crocodile-burger thanks, and make it snappy"

Written By: Cat on 08/16/06 at 10:29 pm

I'm very much looking forward to my tribute, Jack!  ;D

As for me, I'm nearly two-thirds done with Arwen's tribute, it most likely will be finished and submitted tomorrow.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/16/06 at 11:18 pm

I'll be very disappointed if you didn't say "I'll have the crocodile-burger thanks, and make it snappy"

Well, I had the ribs (which were excellent!), but I was more disappointed they didn't have Victoria's Bitters on the menu. Fosters and Newcastle Brown were the only two Austrailian beers there I recognized.

I did joke though that one of the "ribbons" a waiter was wearing was from making a Steve Irwin impersonation (or dig) that got the whole restaurant laughing. I never got to ask him though.

Stu... no kangaroo steaks? WTF mate!  ;)

I'm very much looking forward to my tribute, Jack!  ;D

Yours is finished and submitted (you know TOS), but ChuckyG won't update again until Friday. So, you'll have to wait! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/17/06 at 5:38 am

Sorry, Conq, but your tribute is almost complete, to the tune of an oldie-moldie that was probably recorded when your old man was naught but a glint in yer grandpappy's eye. Stay tuned...

Assuming our entries are to be posted here?

"The Conqueror (of Parodies)":
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/dionthebelmonts3.shtml

...As I noticed ::) :P.

BTW, just started work on my tribute to Rick! Originally it was gonna be a parod of 'Let It Be', then I changed my mind into 'Yesterday' for some reason, and now it's 'Help!' into 'Rick!' (obviously!).

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/17/06 at 5:45 am

Thanks for the well wishes, Rick. Nicole and I ate at Outback, though we were so stuffed we skipped the movie. She is going to give me my present later on tonight.... much later, lol.

TMI, Jack, TMI! I know Dave Matthews did a song called "Ants Marching". Maybe you should write a parody to it about what happened much later. Hmmmm, you could call it "Ants Mating"!

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/17/06 at 10:49 am

TMI, Jack, TMI! ....Maybe you should write a parody about what happened much later. Hmmmm, you could call it "Ants Mating"!

TMI Rick, TMI!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/17/06 at 12:07 pm

Well, I had the ribs (which were excellent!), but I was more disappointed they didn't have Victoria's Bitters on the menu.

http://www.thebrassmonkey.com.au/images/logos/victoria-bitter.gif
Bless your sweet little American soul, Jack...you almost got it right....

However:

Fosters and Newcastle Brown were the only two Austrailian beers there I recognized.

I'm sure the geordie brewers of Newkie Brown, in northern England, will be a little shocked at their sudden relocation!  ???

Written By: Arwen on 08/17/06 at 5:42 pm

Jeff's tribute should be up tomorrow...I took some pacing liberties...which I usually don't do...but I'm hoping that you all like it.  At the very least, I'm hoping Jeff will... :)

Written By: Cat on 08/17/06 at 11:13 pm

Just submitted Arwen's tribute, and it is indeed to "Lola."

I just hope it comes up tomorrow since I submitted it before midnight! (my time)

Written By: Red Ant on 08/17/06 at 11:27 pm

TMI, Jack, TMI! I know Dave Matthews did a song called "Ants Marching". Maybe you should write a parody to it about what happened much later. Hmmmm, you could call it "Ants Mating"!

I had David Bowie's "Magic Dance" in mind, called "Sapphic Ants", about, well, it should be obvious! (I WISH that was my present, but alas, it wasn't)

Bless your sweet little American soul, Jack...you almost got it right....

However:
I'm sure the geordie brewers of Newkie Brown, in northern England, will be a little shocked at their sudden relocation!  ???

Uh, woops!  :-[

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/18/06 at 1:44 am

I've just submitted my tribute to Rick (imaginatively called "Rick!") which should be tomorrow...probably, as my problems with AmIRight Time are even worse than Cat's.

Heh-heh-heh...I actually recognise that!

Written By: Cat on 08/18/06 at 10:23 am

Okay, here's my tribute!

Arwen

Oh, and Pieman, I saw that yours was indeed up today.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/18/06 at 7:52 pm

Oh, and Pieman, I saw that yours was indeed up today.

I saw...and it's right here...

Rick!

Have fun!

Written By: Arwen on 08/19/06 at 1:40 am

Here's my little contribution...written for Mr. Reuben... :)

The Writer We Know As Jeff Reuben

Written By: Red Ant on 08/19/06 at 12:57 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/therollingstones103.shtml

Written By: Cat on 08/20/06 at 9:38 am

(Can't you just message him, Matthias?)

Written By: jreuben on 08/20/06 at 2:06 pm

I haven't forgotten or screwed up the deadline on this one...it'll probably be up Tuesday.

Written By: Matthias on 08/20/06 at 4:21 pm

Okay, good just making sure....

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/22/06 at 5:32 am

Now you don't have to use that oh so vivid imagination of yours, Kristof!

Written By: Matthias on 08/22/06 at 7:59 am

No problem Jeff, it's still before the 25th

Written By: Arwen on 08/22/06 at 10:31 am

Oh for HEAVEN'S sake... ;)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/23/06 at 9:24 am

As a rule, I don't like my girls THAT skinny!

(I now fully expect Arwen to post something along the lines of "what exactly are you saying, Kristof?  >:(")

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/24/06 at 5:49 am

Eat your hearts out, Michael Pacholek, Stu, Kristof, Rick C and all you countless other hopeless, prospective suitors of the Elven Enigma. It seems that Matthias, (the new Carnal King on Campus) and the Princess of Parody Pathos had a brief affair a couple of years ago. The result....a daughter. HAH!!!, you say. LIAR! OK...you want proof? Here you go.......the camera doesn't lie!

Written By: Matthias on 08/24/06 at 8:21 am

Sush!!! Rick I told you to keep it a secret!!!!

-awaiting the mob-

And I suppose I do like my girls that skinny

Written By: jreuben on 08/24/06 at 9:22 am

Okay, my entry's finally up:

Matthias

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/24/06 at 10:12 am

Here's my voting. I think Rick's ranks up there, though, not just because it was about me. ;)

3pts=Red Ant (for Cat)
2pts=Cat (for Arwen)
1pt=Arwen (for Cat)

Written By: Matthias on 08/24/06 at 11:00 am

Wait Arwen wrote a song for Cat???? I don't remember that one! And Agrimorfee patience is a virtue, wait until I have the voting system set up.... sheesh, somebody's speedy

Written By: jreuben on 08/24/06 at 11:36 am

Wait Arwen wrote a song for Cat???? I don't remember that one! And Agrimorfee patience is a virtue, wait until I have the voting system set up.... sheesh, somebody's speedy

Arwen wrote for me...I assume that was a typo.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/24/06 at 12:38 pm

Here's my voting. I think Rick's ranks up there, though, not just because it was about me. ;)

3pts=Red Ant (for Cat)
2pts=Cat (for Arwen)
1pt=Arwen (for Cat)

Sheesh and sheesh again
...Arwen (FOR JEFF!)

Written By: Cat on 08/24/06 at 5:15 pm

(Can we have a separate voting thread? This is kind of crowded and confusing, and I'd like to see all the links in the same place...)

Written By: Arwen on 08/24/06 at 6:10 pm

(Can we have a separate voting thread? This is kind of crowded and confusing, and I'd like to see all the links in the same place...)

Look a couple of posts up...Matthias seems to have plans to set it up...

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/24/06 at 6:54 pm

Look a couple of posts up...Matthias seems to have plans to set it up...
Arwen, look a few posts up above this one.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...