inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Snakes on a Plane Contest (Cancelled!!)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/14/06 at 8:16 pm

Inspired by Michael's recent parody, I came up with this parody contest for Snakes on a Plane-related parodies. If you don't know what Snakes on a Plane is by now, it's the new Samuel L. Jackson movie about... what else? snakes on a plane!

Official Rules

~~Vote by replying to the voting thread (which will be posted on the eighth) with your top seven favorites in order (I'll be nice to you guys :)):
1st choice- 7 points
2nd place- 6 points
3rd place- 5 points
4th place- 4 points
5th place- 3 points
6th Place- 2 points
7th Place- 1 point

~~You're not allowed to vote for your own song.

~~Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it.

~~You can enter your parody from now until voting begins.

~~Voting begins September 8, 2006.

~~Voting continues until October 1, 2006.

~~Anyone who has written (or is going to write)  a Snakes on a Plane parody BEFORE the September 8 cutoff (figured there were only three or four SOAP parodies that I know of) may enter. You are allowed to submit up to three Snakes on a Plane parodies, if you like, but no more.

~~By entering, you are agreeing to read and comment on all the other entries and vote.

~~Anyone who enters but does not both comment on all entries and vote by the end of the month is disqualified and must write a song parody of William Shatner 'singing' the "Snakes on a Plane" theme, "Snakes on a Plane (Bring It)" by Cobra Starship. ;D
Here are the lyrics:
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/snakesonaplane/snakesonaplanebringit.htm

~~In the event of a tie, the parody with the most first place votes wins.
If it's still tied, the parody with the most second place votes wins.
If it's still tied, snakes on a plane. man. If it's still tied at this point, the tied parodies will both/all win.
All participants will have the first week of the month to choose one favorite from among the tied entries.
On October 1, the one (or two, or three) with the most votes win(s).

Subject: Re: Snakes on a Plane contest

Written By: Matthias on 08/14/06 at 10:53 pm

Wow is August the month for contests for what... There's this one, there's the ABC rounds, there's The Tribute Comp, Song of the Month (of course), and now Meow's Animal Contest.... Whoo..... Lots of voting I fore-see

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/14/06 at 11:12 pm

Wow is August the month for contests for what... There's this one, there's the ABC rounds, there's The Tribute Comp, Song of the Month (of course), and now Meow's Animal Contest.... Whoo..... Lots of voting I fore-see

not to mention the Decathlon - too many for me, which is why I couldn't enter the tribute or the animal one, and nor this one, I'm afraid - sorry Chris :(

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/15/06 at 6:10 pm

I guess that makes me the first one to enter.

This one is a parody of "Oops! I Did It Again" and it called "(Bleep) (Bleep) Snakes on a Plane." The bleeps come from Samuel L. Jackson's awesome catchphrase in the movie: "I'm sick of the (Bleep) (Bleep) snakes on the (bleep) (bleep) plane!"

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/britneyspears325.shtml

Good luck to everybody who enters. :)

Written By: K1chyd on 08/16/06 at 2:35 pm

Not entering the contest, but maybe someone is helped by these suggestions of songs that are about snakes in the first place.

Lordi: "Wake the snake" (If that title wasn't the original I'd use it for a parody!) ;D
Motorhead: "Love me like a reptile".
Motorhead: "Snake bite love".

Oh, and I'm sure Alice Cooper did something about his Boa Constrictor, I just can't remember the title right now.

// Peter

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 08/26/06 at 3:49 pm

Just got back from vacation last night. I thought I'd modify the rules yet again, since everyone is busy with other contests. You can enter your parodies now until voting begins September 8th. Sorry, this wasn't a very well-planned contest.  :-\\

Again, good luck to everybody! :)

Subject: Re: Snakes on a Plane Entry Thread

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/01/06 at 5:29 pm

All right now! Today is September 1, 2006, and as the creator of this contest... I officially declare submissions open! The rules are stated above and everything, and I've got my parody entered.

I thought I would set this up to be more like a SOTM for SOAP parodies. So before you get too involved in other contests this month, I think y'all should give SOAP a try.

I want the comments to say something like:

Joe Schmo - August 1, 2006
---------------
(SOAP) Whatever you're gonna say

or...

SOAP - Whatever you're gonna say

Again, good luck to everybody! :)

Subject: Re: Snakes on a Plane Entry Thread

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/05/06 at 3:30 pm

Wow... where is everybody?  ??? This is the biggest movie all year so far and there have been numerous parodies about the film. This would be too great of a contest to cancel.  :(

Bring on more Snakes on the Plane!  :D

Subject: Re: Snakes on a Plane Contest (Cancelled!!)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/08/06 at 5:50 pm

Since nobody bothered to enter any parodies, except for me, the Snakes on a Plane Parody Contest in CANCELLED, sorry. And this was too great of a contest idea to waste. Amiright was loaded with "Snakes on a Plane" parodies left and right.

Oh well... I guess it's back to the drawing board. :(

Check for new replies or respond here...