inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Pop Culture" Icon Stewe Irwin dead?

Written By: K1chyd on 09/04/06 at 12:36 am

According to Swedish media Steve "the crocodile hunter" Irwin (one of my fav TV personalites) was killed in a wildlife accident this morning. His homepage is jammed so I can't get it confirmed from there, and there has been previous romours about his death so I still hope it's lies, but I've never seen it in official Swedish media before. :\'(

If it's true I suggest Kristof make the next round of his Decathlon about him.

Later  //  Peter

Subject: Re: "Pop Culture" Icon Stewe Irwin dead?

Written By: K1chyd on 09/04/06 at 1:03 am

The biggest newspaper here just moved the story up to the top of their internet edition, I guess it really is true. :\'(

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 09/04/06 at 4:03 am

Sadly, it's true. One of Australia's true heros, a passionate conservationist and larger-than-life personality....killed by a stingray on the Barrier Reef. Steve was a showman, a risk-taker, an occasionally controversial figure; but a man who represented the Australian spirit of "grab life by the balls" to the nth degree. His passion for wildlife, his warm, approachable nature and his sense of humour are going to be sadly missed. The world, and Australia in particular, is going to be a duller place with him not around. RIP, Steve....crikey, you were a true giant among men.

Written By: Cat on 09/04/06 at 11:42 am

I heard that this morning, thought it was a hoax at first (after all, a few years ago people were swearing that Steve from Blue's Clues was dead...)

But alas, it's true. Let's all pour a Foster's on the sidewalk for the poor fella.

Check for new replies or respond here...