inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Can anyone just start a competition?

Written By: The Charnstar on 10/12/06 at 7:01 am

Just wondering, cause I'm still new (if you look to the left and listen closely, you can hear Frullet in the distance yelling noob), and I was wondering if I could just... Start a Halloween Competition?

Subject: Re: Can anyone just start a competition?

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/12/06 at 7:35 am

No one's stopping you big guy, but keep in mind it's a big responsibility.  :)

I don't dare start one myself, because my 'net access is limited to my office hours and I'm afraid I will screw it up somehow.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 10/13/06 at 3:24 am

Just wondering, cause I'm still new (if you look to the left and listen closely, you can hear Frullet in the distance yelling noob), and I was wondering if I could just... Start a Halloween Competition?

Go ahead, Charny! But take Agri's advice and a few tips from this old veteran:

1) Check out how many comps are running. If there are too many going at the same time, yours might not get as much support as you'd like

2) If it's a Halloween comp, you'll need to come up with an original angle to get people interested, and you'll need to get in early

Good luck!

Written By: Red Ant on 10/13/06 at 3:41 am

I agree with what Kristof said. Right now, there are 3 comps up (ABC, Decathlon, SOTM), which isn't bad at all.

Maybe someone who has been here longer than I can definitively answer this, but wasn't the "Who Can It Be Now?" contest for Halloween 2004? I think the thread is probably archived by now, but something along those lines would be awesome. Perhaps a general Halloween themed contest would work, too.

IMHO you should consider adopting the ruleset from one of the aforementioned currently-running contests.

Written By: karen on 10/13/06 at 5:18 am

Maybe someone who has been here longer than I can definitively answer this, but wasn't the "Who Can It Be Now?" contest for Halloween 2004? I think the thread is probably archived by now, but something along those lines would be awesome. Perhaps a general Halloween themed contest would work, too.

That's right it was.  It's somewhere roundabout page 13 or so on this forum.

Written By: The Charnstar on 10/13/06 at 7:34 am

I really wanted to see a Halloween comp, but as Agri said, with great contests, comes great responsibility or something.... Mmm... Spiderman... But yeah.. So, cause I'm so lazy, can some ELSE do a Halloween comp, and make it end on midnight of Halloween, and voting goes.. for however you feel nessessesssessssssessssarry

Check for new replies or respond here...