inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parody DECATHLON: Event 8

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/07/06 at 8:11 am

DECATHLON EVENT 8:

TOPIC: Hey, stupid!!

GENRE: Hip Hop/ Rap

http://www.ezprezzo.com/crazypics/crazysports13.jpg

THE RULES

~~Entry URLs to be posted onto this thread from the Amiright site

~~Entries must conform to both the topic and genre specifications...if in doubt, ask.

~~On the 20th November, entries close and voting begins.

~~Vote by replying to voting thread with your five favorites in order: 
Top choice gets 5 points, next gets 4 points and so on to 1 point for your fifth favourite.

~~You're not allowed to vote for your own song.

~~Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it.

~~Voting continues until the 4th of December.

~~By entering, you are agreeing to read and comment on all the other entries and vote.

~~Anyone who enters but does not both comment on all entries and vote by the deadline is disqualified and may not participate in the next event.

~~If you miss a submission deadline, you will not be entered in that event, but WILL be allowed to enter the next event.
However, there will STILL be an expectation that you comment and vote in the event you are not participating in, unless you have a valid reason for not being able to.

~Rule changes may be suggested by any participant in their entry post.  Changes are made only when a majority of that event's voters specify a "yes" vote along with their contest votes.

SCORING: Unlike PAOTY, scores for each Decathlon event are not cumulative. The winner of each event gets 9 Decathlon points, 2nd gets 8 and so on. This should make the contest very close throughout the next 20 weeks.
A Leaderboard will be posted after the first event

HAVE FUN!!!!!! 

Subject: Re: Parody DECATHLON: Event 8

Written By: Matthias on 11/07/06 at 10:20 am

DECATHLON EVENT 8:

TOPIC: Hey, stupid!!

GENRE: Hip Hop/ Rap

So basically.... Ghetto Gump?

Written By: Josh2 on 11/07/06 at 10:26 am

does limo bizkit count?

Written By: Matthias on 11/07/06 at 10:34 am

does limo bizkit count?

Limo Bizkit..... sounds like a rich guy breckfast

Limp Bizkit, however, is a Metal Band, not rap.... as is Linkin Park

Written By: Matthias on 11/07/06 at 1:57 pm

A couple of ideas....

1. "Blondie Knows Jack" to "Baby Got Back", by Sir Mix Alot
&
2. "Daring to be Stupid"  to "Cleaning out my Closet" by Eminem

Written By: Josh2 on 11/07/06 at 2:12 pm

i would not call them metal, i would personally call them heavy rap

Written By: Matthias on 11/07/06 at 2:21 pm

i would not call them metal, i would personally call them heavy rap

Wikipedia calls them Metal

Written By: Josh2 on 11/07/06 at 5:10 pm

but the song i am thinking of (Rollin) is rap

Written By: tomario on 11/07/06 at 5:17 pm

limp bizkit

Creative
Rap
And
Pop

just checked the top 100 hip hop/rap songs of all time
and white lines is at number 51 what's that all about?
here's the link if anyone needs it
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_rap-songs.html

Written By: Cat on 11/07/06 at 10:09 pm

ARGGGGHHHH.

Although it would've been impossible for me to participate in September and October, I feel very chagrinned right now because I ALREADY HAVE ONE FOR THIS CATEGORY.

(um...if someone is desperate I suppose they can "borrow" Newbie Parodist?  :P)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/08/06 at 12:07 am

Yes!!!! I've been waiting for this one since the decathlon began! w00t!

First: Um, what do you mean by "Hey, stupid!"

Second: I do believe Linkin Park is Nu Metal, which is an equal balance of rap and rock.

Third: Ooh, prepare to learn from the master of rap parody (aside from Al, Luke A Ralphing, and iisryan).

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/08/06 at 3:13 am

Second: I do believe Linkin Park is Nu Metal, which is an equal balance of rap and rock.

Third: Ooh, prepare to learn from the master of rap parody (aside from Al, Luke A Ralphing, and iisryan).

Glad you're happy, bobpie...

First: It can be defined anyway you want it mate...but I guess it would have to relate to stupid people, incidents, situations or anything you would regard as....stupid.

Second: I know jack all about hip-hop, so just about anything is likely to get past me

Third: I wait with baited breath..... http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/shakin.gif

Written By: Matthias on 11/08/06 at 2:59 pm

And Timinem... What happened to him anyways?

Written By: Matthias on 11/08/06 at 3:10 pm

I'm trying to attempt something to, "Because I Got High"...
But in case I can't come up with anything I'll submit "Baby Can't Rap" to the Sir Mix-A-Lot song "Baby Got Back" about the stupidity of the White Rapper

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/sirmixalot17.shtml

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/09/06 at 12:34 am

Glad you're happy, bobpie...

First: It can be defined anyway you want it mate...but I guess it would have to relate to stupid people, incidents, situations or anything you would regard as....stupid.

Second: I know jack all about hip-hop, so just about anything is likely to get past me

Third: I wait with baited breath..... http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/shakin.gif

I see...I've got some work to do.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/09/06 at 1:09 am

I see...I've got some work to do.

I know I'm quoting my self but...

I just remembered...I've got a camp from the 13th till the 18th. And as part of the program involves NO SLEEP on the Friday, I'll be in no shape do write parodies on the Saturday...possibly even the Sunday. So either I'll write my parody quick smart, or I'll need an extension.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/09/06 at 5:35 am

I know I'm quoting my self but...

I just remembered...I've got a camp from the 13th till the 18th. And as part of the program involves NO SLEEP on the Friday, I'll be in no shape do write parodies on the Saturday...possibly even the Sunday. So either I'll write my parody quick smart, or I'll need an extension.

Sorry, bobpie: I can't offer you an extension without penalty. Your choices are:
1) Write the parody quick smart and post before you go away
2) Submit it after the deadline and incur a one vote point per day penalty for each day you're late.

I've done this with other participants, so I have to be fair

Good luck on your camp!

Written By: tomario on 11/09/06 at 10:08 am

i was going to pass on this one but a faint heart never won a fair lady

so i will have a go at "straight outta compton" by nwa
so far i have a title  "where are my pants hun?"

i am off to retire to a deep dark cave (might take a candle !)

kristof,what have we done to deserve this ?

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:dTu7LlDlnMkBOM:http://www.ncf.ca/~ek867

see you later

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/09/06 at 11:36 pm

Sorry, bobpie: I can't offer you an extension without penalty. Your choices are:
1) Write the parody quick smart and post before you go away
2) Submit it after the deadline and incur a one vote point per day penalty for each day you're late.

I've done this with other participants, so I have to be fair

Good luck on your camp!

...Well, that sucks. I'll get sstraight to work on my parody. Clue: It's on that list, and Al's parodied it.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/11/06 at 9:13 pm

And here's my entry (the day before I go to camp!):

I Don't Know This

For those who need an mp3 or whatever have this:

Streaming mp3 of 'U Can't Touch This'

Watch out, it tends to forget to play the words at times, so let it play through a few times first.

Written By: Matthias on 11/14/06 at 10:11 am

-passes out with a jug of moonshine in muh hand-

NOW THIS ONE WAS THE HARDEST ONE TO WRITE!!!
These competitions just keep getting harder and harder....

Well, since White Trash aren't known for their extreme intellect here's the one that I am going with: "Livin' Like Jed Clampett"
http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/eminem266.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 11/14/06 at 10:31 am

I shall sit out this round as well.   :)

Hey Johnny, what about "Nerd Up"

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/14/06 at 11:27 am

Hey Johnny, what about "Nerd Up"

Well, if the powers that be think my parody of Cameo's "Word Up" qualifies, then I shall enter it:

Nerd Up

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/16/06 at 3:36 am

Well, if the powers that be think my parody of Cameo's "Word Up" qualifies, then I shall enter it:

Nerd Up

Message from Kristof "Powers That Be" Robertson....

As I said earlier, I know jack about hip-hop, so unless anyone screams "objection!" (which, IMHO, would be petty) I willing to let it through.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 11/16/06 at 3:41 pm

Wikipedia says this early-rap OS went to number 3 on the Billboard charts, so I hope all you young'uns remember it

Parody:  Punk-Rock Golden Era

phew, that was a tough one - how about nursery rhymes for Decathlon 9, KR?

Written By: tomario on 11/19/06 at 4:43 am

:( sorry chaps you'll have to count me out of this one i'll never get this parody finished in a month of sundays.
good luck to everyone and see you in round 9.
kristoff do i still vote or not ?  ???

Written By: Josh2 on 11/19/06 at 3:51 pm

I'm gonna sit this one out aswell guys, beenr acking my brains for songs to parody, but i just hate parodying hip-hop/rap.

Written By: Arwen on 11/19/06 at 11:55 pm

I'm more than a little humiliated to say that you stumped me on this one, Kristof.  :-[

It wasn't the music genre for me, though.  I knew, eventually, that we'd probably be asked to do some form of Rap, and I'm actually a fan of quite a bit of Hip Hop.  I had several songs already chosen to work with whenever this one came along...but alas, the topic just provided no inspiration for me.  I don't know if it was too broad for my brain, or what.  I just couldn't do it.  And now I'm totally depressed.  I tried to force several different ideas...all the way up until this evening...but couldn't go the distance, as everything I came up with just seemed well...stupid.  (Ironic...I should have done a parody about my stupid parodies...)

Anyway...I'll vote either way.  I can't wait for the next round...I have big plans to redeem myself...

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/20/06 at 5:04 am

Blimey.....I knew this was going to be a hard round (and trust me, the themes/genres are chosen TOTALLY at random), but it's REALLY stumped a lot of you. I guess it's the equivalent of the pole vault. My own effort's preety naff, coz like Arwen I couldn't get many ideas to stick. Anyway, here 'tis.....

You're Not Too Bright, But You Like KARATE!!

Tomario...yeah, it would be considered good form to vote even if you're not in the round.

Written By: Matthias on 11/20/06 at 8:06 am

What are we going to vote for our favorite Top-2 this round Kristof? Everybody has seemed to die in this round....

Written By: Josh2 on 11/20/06 at 2:47 pm

man thid round was hard, anyway, completely off topic, but for the last round, can you allocate each contestant another contestant and then we choose the genre and theme for that person (i choose for kristof, kristof choose for tomario etc) uinless u got sumin planned

Written By: Matthias on 11/20/06 at 3:08 pm

man thid round was hard, anyway, completely off topic, but for the last round, can you allocate each contestant another contestant and then we choose the genre and theme for that person (i choose for kristof, kristof choose for tomario etc) uinless u got sumin planned

That's an idea for a contest, I hope Kristof keeps the same traditional theme up that he's been doing throughout the rest of the compeitition, it's been making my Mondays/Tuesday happy to see what Kristof has worked up for us... But Josh your idea is good for a diffrent sort of contest, if I wasn't already working on the Thanksgiving Day contest and the Redneck Chirstmas group project I would start that... Maybe later through

Written By: Arwen on 11/20/06 at 3:18 pm

I'd prefer to keep with the same mode of competition that we've had all along...but I agree with Matthias, that you could do an entirely different contest with your idea.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/21/06 at 7:44 am

What are we going to vote for our favorite Top-2 this round Kristof? Everybody has seemed to die in this round....

Well, Matthias...since there are 5 entries, we'll have 5 votes: everybody wins!

Strike that as the ramblings of a disturbed mind....as Matthias kindly pointed out, it's only 4 votes for 5 entries...d'oh!

Written By: tomario on 11/21/06 at 8:10 am

this round was difficult but i found that "mother f*@ker" rhymes with "chuckle brothers !"
keeping the same format is the best idea
if go with your idea josh2 count me in !

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/21/06 at 8:29 am

Nice idea, Josh....but I agree with Matthias and Arwen. We'll play the Decathlon as is, but I like your idea. New Years contest perhaps?

Check for new replies or respond here...