inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Cliff Christmas Comp (CCC)

Written By: Josh2 on 12/04/06 at 4:17 pm

The Cliff Christmas Comp

So what is this? Well it's the Cliff Christmas Comp aka The Cliff Richard Christmas Song Paordy Competition.

The Rules:

Simple, wrte and submit a parody to a Cliff Richard Christmas song (must be an Xmas song) a list of which can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Richard#Christmas_songs

Anyone can enter, all entries must be your own work and have been submitted on AmIRight. You have ten days, so all entries must be submitted by the end of 14/12/06. Voting then is from 15/12/06 until 24/12/06 with the winner being announced (if any of us are sad enough to come on here at Xmas)

Scoring will be similar to ABC/SOTM/Decathlon, vote for Top 5 and the person with the must points wins (obviously).

Go now and write your masterpieces.

Subject: Re: The Cliff Christmas Comp (CCC)

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/04/06 at 5:50 pm

Um....does anyone know ANY Cliff Richard songs, let alone Christmas ones?  :\'((I only know "It's So Funny We Don't Talk Anymore")

Josh, you gotta aim for a song, genre or artist that's well-known to MANY people (particularly United States citizens) to get a real good competition going.

Written By: philbo on 12/04/06 at 6:13 pm

Um....does anyone know ANY Cliff Richard songs, let alone Christmas ones?  :\'((I only know "It's So Funny We Don't Talk Anymore")

There's "Drivel, ho and whine" (or possibly "Mistletoe and Wine") - possibly the worst Christmas song ever recorded...

Written By: Matthias on 12/04/06 at 8:02 pm

I agree, good idea...... but...... I don't know any either, and judging by the site you provided, there's only 6 that we can choose from

Written By: Josh2 on 12/05/06 at 1:56 pm

there are 9, and when added ot a little piece of magic called youtube, anything can happen.

Check for new replies or respond here...