inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parody DECATHLON: Event 10

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 12/05/06 at 5:54 pm

DECATHLON EVENT 10:

TOPIC: Eat, Drink, and be Merry!

GENRE: Musicals

http://www.ezprezzo.com/crazypics/crazysports6.jpg

THE RULES

~~Entry URLs to be posted onto this thread from the Amiright site

~~Entries must conform to both the topic and genre specifications...if in doubt, ask.

~~On the 29th December, entries close and voting begins.

~~Vote by replying to voting thread with your five favorites in order: 
Top choice gets 5 points, next gets 4 points and so on to 1 point for your fifth favourite.

~~You're not allowed to vote for your own song.

~~Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it.

~~Voting continues until the 12th of January, 2007.

~~By entering, you are agreeing to read and comment on all the other entries and vote.

~~Anyone who enters but does not both comment on all entries and vote by the deadline is disqualified and may not participate in the next event.

~~If you miss a submission deadline, you will not be entered in that event, but WILL be allowed to enter the next event.
However, there will STILL be an expectation that you comment and vote in the event you are not participating in, unless you have a valid reason for not being able to.

~Rule changes may be suggested by any participant in their entry post.  Changes are made only when a majority of that event's voters specify a "yes" vote along with their contest votes.

SCORING: Unlike PAOTY, scores for each Decathlon event are not cumulative. The winner of each event gets 9 Decathlon points, 2nd gets 8 and so on. This should make the contest very close throughout the next 20 weeks.
A Leaderboard will be posted after the first event

HAVE FUN!!!!!! 

Subject: Re: Parody DECATHLON: Event 10

Written By: Matthias on 12/05/06 at 6:00 pm

Where has the time gone????????

It's round 10 already?
Hey Kristof, want to make it 15, 20 rounds?

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 12/05/06 at 6:09 pm

Where has the time gone????????

It's round 10 already?
Hey Kristof, want to make it 15, 20 rounds?

hahahahahahaha! (someone pass me a shotgun....)  ;)

Written By: Josh2 on 12/05/06 at 6:12 pm

ignore

Written By: Johnny_D on 12/05/06 at 8:27 pm

Please, Sausager Stuffski ,
my parody of "Gee, Officer Krupke" from "West Side Story".

Temporarily-available MP3 of OS ("Gee, Officer Krupke" from "West Side Story")

Written By: Matthias on 12/05/06 at 8:41 pm

Please, Sausager Stuffski ,
my parody of "Gee, Officer Krupke" from "West Side Story".

Oh... crap...
This one is going to be hard to beat...
That's it, I'm screwing around this round

"Lime Pork" to "Time Warp" it is...

Written By: Matthias on 12/05/06 at 11:19 pm

Quite seriously there's only one showtune that can beat Johnny's SOTM winner, and that's from the musical, "Beauty and the Beast"... I'm sure you all know what song I'm talking about....  ;)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/06/06 at 12:12 am

One: Does Musicals include musical films (like most Disney stuff)? Or just stage musicals?

Two: What does the topic mean?

Written By: Jack Wilson on 12/06/06 at 6:39 am

Quite seriously there's only one showtune that can beat Johnny's SOTM winner, and that's from the musical, "Beauty and the Beast"... I'm sure you all know what song I'm talking about....  ;)
Oh yes I bleieve its initials are spelt like blog with out the L

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 12/06/06 at 7:48 am

One: Does Musicals include musical films (like most Disney stuff)? Or just stage musicals?

Two: What does the topic mean?

Answer One: Film musicals are perfectly acceptable

Answer Two: bob....the keywords are EAT, DRINK, and MERRY. Do with them what you like!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/07/06 at 1:23 am

Does that mean you're using that OS? If not, I so shotgun/bagsie/dibs it, using the keyword DRINK.

Written By: Matthias on 12/07/06 at 4:51 pm

Does that mean you're using that OS? If not, I so shotgun/bagsie/dibs it, using the keyword DRINK.

Sorry Conq... I have yet to write this parody, and I really want to for this round, sorry pal.... You also have yet to write "Major-Modern General" and that's a showtune if you think you're up to it

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/07/06 at 8:57 pm

Sorry Conq... I have yet to write this parody, and I really want to for this round, sorry pal.... You also have yet to write "Major-Modern General" and that's a showtune if you think you're up to it

Actually, I have parodied that song...and that was about the Nintendo Wii. So now, I'm officially SCREWED!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/08/06 at 9:09 pm

Actually, I have parodied that song...and that was about the Nintendo Wii. So now, I'm officially SCREWED!

God bless the shower technique! I now have an idea. It is a parody of a different song from Pirates Of Penzance, namely 'With Cat-Like Tread (Upon Our Prey We Steal)'. It will be called 'Hey Old Bartend! (Hic!) I Need Another Drink! (Hoc!)' Note that all the hic!'s and hoc!s I'm gonna shove in there will not be included in pacing.

Written By: Matthias on 12/08/06 at 10:55 pm

http://www.seaserpentproductions.com/images/I-love-red-meat-Frame.gif
My Parody of "Be Our Guest" will be up Monday

Written By: tomario on 12/09/06 at 1:32 pm

from joseph "any dream will do"

is now "any food will do !"

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/jasondonavon0.shtml

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:Tiv98ZHFhGaleM:http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/edtech

Written By: Matthias on 12/11/06 at 10:19 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_porc.gif
"She Loves Meat"
To my first, and only parody of "Be Our Guest"  
(Yes, I admit I sold out)

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/disney27.shtml

Written By: Arwen on 12/11/06 at 2:14 pm

from joseph "any dream will do"

Oh GREAT choice on the musical, tomario!  I've got what I'm going to do pretty much worked out, or else I might be tempted to pick a Joseph song now that you've got it in my head.  At the very least, I'm going to listen to the soundtrack for the rest of the afternoon!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/11/06 at 5:18 pm

Here's my entry:

Hey Bartender! I Need Another Drink!

I have provided lyrics and a MIDI on the page itself.

Written By: EthanM on 12/12/06 at 2:24 pm

Will there be another one after this? I missed the first decathalon but I really like the concept.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 12/12/06 at 5:11 pm

Will there be another one after this? I missed the first decathalon but I really like the concept.

Once I get out of therapy, or when the medication stops working...I'll consider doing this again  :D

Written By: EthanM on 12/12/06 at 7:17 pm

You could consider passing the torch...but not to me.

Written By: Matthias on 12/13/06 at 12:24 am

I'll pick up the torch and try not to burn myself...
Expect to see another installment of this (with all new genres of music, and topics) some time, August, of 2007
Time to start thinking of new genres.... this is going to be harder than it seems.... Oh well

Written By: Matthias on 12/14/06 at 12:51 am

On second thought, I'll do something like this, only in periods of time, (Half-Decades + Topic)
It shall be called "Amiright In Time"
And will be up in Feb.
Stay Tuned for more information...

Written By: Josh2 on 12/14/06 at 6:55 am

i also plan on running a contest similar to this also, one round, people give me suggestions for genre and themes and I randomly give them out to the differnt contestants

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 12/28/06 at 9:51 am

Here's mine!

Can I Feel Your Flub Tonight?

and....

click here if you're feeling brave....

Written By: Arwen on 12/28/06 at 11:11 am

Wow...talk about a scramble!  I had all of my stuff for this event on my computer at work...but then, as of last Wednesday, I was snowed into my house...(seriously could not get my car out of the driveway...I tried and got stuck more than once!)...so I couldn't get up to work to get the stuff.  THEN...I went down to Texas for Christmas and finally was able to get up to the office yesterday to get my stuff.  So...last minute as usual...I'll be doing some polishing today and submit for posting tomorrow.  Cross your fingers...

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 12/28/06 at 6:19 pm

I too have been otherwise distracted over Xmas but I knew I had a day's woth of voting and entering ahead of me.  I'm planning to do all my voting and catching-up in the next 24 hours, so I don't urgently need a reprieve, but it does take a bit of pressure off so thanks Kristof :)

This is my final Decathlon entry

Nothing'll Solve A Problem Like A Beer

to TSOM's "How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria"

(those of different dialect please note that "beer" is pronounced to rhyme with "Maria" - and I should know......(hic)...)

Written By: Arwen on 01/03/07 at 12:49 pm

In what will go down as the greatest miracle of all time...I actually submitted my entry today!

I actually wrote two parodies for the theme...they kind of go together...but will only officially enter one for the contest voting...

I'll post links for them tomorrow. :)

Written By: Arwen on 01/04/07 at 10:13 am

Okay...here are the links to my parodies:

"Told Me Without Any Warning"
http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/rodgersandhammerstein6.shtml

and

"Choked Aroma!"
http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/rodgersandhammerstein7.shtml

As I said before...they kind of go together...the one precededs the other, so that's why I'm posting both links...but my official entry for Round 10 is just the second, parody, "Choked Aroma."

:)

Written By: Josh2 on 01/08/07 at 8:07 am

GRR, I give up, i can't finish the parody i was trying to, i did it form memory and discovered i still had four more verses to do. so ill submit this which is not really one of my best pacing wise, id say tis about '4' standard.

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/musical1.shtml (pls put next to it, WARNING: LIKELY to be Rubbish)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 01/08/07 at 8:52 am

Sorry about the delay with the voting thread, folks...have been unnaturally busy over the weekend. Thread will be up tonight (that's MY tonight: London Time, from where all other time is measured  ;))

http://images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/492/330208.jpg

Written By: Josh2 on 01/08/07 at 2:25 pm

Nice on Krissy, stick with the REAL time, unlike all these fakers. GRR, all you fakers with your fake time and fake mornings and night. grr

Check for new replies or respond here...