inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: December SOTM Voting Thread: Results Posted

Written By: Red Ant on 01/08/07 at 5:51 pm

Note to new participants: Welcome, and good luck. Please read all guidelines carefully. Especially, please make sure to read all the entries and vote by the end of the month. The SOTM is not so much a contest as a feedback exchange. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, either in this thread or via personal message. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

~~Vote by replying to this thread with your five favorites in order:
1st choice- 5 points
2nd place- 4 points
3rd place- 3 points
4th place- 2 points
5th place- 1 point.

~~You're not allowed to vote for your own song.

~~Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it.

~~Voting continues until the last day of the month ends.

~~Anyone who's participated in a SOTM contest may vote.

~~By entering, you are agreeing to read and comment on all the other entries and vote.

~~Anyone who enters but does not both comment on all entries and vote by the end of the month is disqualified and may not participate next month.

~~In the event of a tie, the parody with the most first place votes wins.
If it's still tied, the parody with the most second place votes wins.
If it's still tied, a brief playoff round will be held.
All participants will have the first week of the month to choose one favorite from among the tied entries.
Tiebreaker voting is strongly encouraged but not required. On the eighth day the one with the most votes win.

and the entrants are:

1: A Merry Yuletide by Matthias

2: Shopping Trip ( We Gonna Shop Down To) by Jack Wilson

~~ DKTOS? Video here. Tickle Me Emo reference here.

3: Every Call I Make by Below Average Dave

~ Available for Listen at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=633166&songID=4818467

4: Kringle Sell Rock by Johnny D

5: Removed

6: Fillings by Cat

7: BrokenBack by the_conqueror_of_parodies

~ SexyBack mp3, Youtube vid of SexyBack (ignore the intro)

8: I'm Gonna Vote (500 Ones) by Phil Alexander

9: (Nice Time For A) White Christmas by Agrimorfee

~ DKTOS? See/hear Billy Idol's "White Wedding" (unofficial video containing the complete song) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBcLeV6R6o&mode=related&search=

10: It Still Smells Like Poop To Me (The Gas Song) by Michael McVey

11: Privates In Motion by Peter Andersson a.k.a K1chyd

~ MP3 of the original: http://k1chyd.adress.eksjo.com/dktos/

12: A View To A Spill (rewrite) by Max Power

~~ DKTOS? Video here.

13: Idaho by Red Ant

~ DKTOS? Check out the third listing here.

14: Cross-Eyed Red-Nosed Reindeer by Tim Mayfield

15: Gang Wars of Compton by wannabemustangjockey

16: It Ain't Chevy, It's Your Brother by Arwen

17: Twas A Spoilt Brat At Christmas by Kristof Robertson

18: Side Effects Include by 2nz

19: Play Madonna's Movies by Stuart McArthur

20: You better Watch Out by Chris Bodily TM

~ DKTOS? I found a decent YouTube video here.

If any links are busted, pleas let me know ASAP. Thanks, and good luck all.

Subject: Re: December SOTM Voting Thread

Written By: Max Power on 01/09/07 at 8:19 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiVFFM-OR44

Written By: Jack Wilson on 01/09/07 at 9:19 pm

For the Tickle Me Emo refernce :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blk35pDBhLI

For the OS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5TWgzoyVq4

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/10/07 at 9:23 am

Hate to be a party pooper, but was Jason's "Snakes On His Plane" submitted in December or January? ???

Written By: Red Ant on 01/10/07 at 9:31 am

Hate to be a party pooper, but was Jason's "Snakes On His Plane" submitted in December or January? ???

I should have caught that earlier. It was submitted on Jan 1, so I've removed it from the voting thread.

Sorry Jason, your entry isn't eligible for the December SOTM. You are more than welcome to enter it in the Jan SOTM or ABC3S contests when they are posted where it will be eligible.

Written By: Jason on 01/10/07 at 1:22 pm

I should have caught that earlier. It was submitted on Jan 1, so I've removed it from the voting thread.

Sorry Jason, your entry isn't eligible for the December SOTM. You are more than welcome to enter it in the Jan SOTM or ABC3S contests when they are posted where it will be eligible.

Ok fair enough Red Ant and Agrimorfee. In that case is it alright if I enter it for the Jan SOTM competition? It took me a long time to get the parody right. I can almost hear Fitu Petaia laughing that my parody was deleted from the current competition.

Written By: Red Ant on 01/10/07 at 10:43 pm

Ok fair enough Red Ant and Agrimorfee. In that case is it alright if I enter it for the Jan SOTM competition? It took me a long time to get the parody right. I can almost hear Fitu Petaia laughing that my parody was deleted from the current competition.

Yes, you can/may enter it in the Jan SOTM thread when it's posted.

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/11/07 at 7:57 am

This was tough, so many good holiday themes shouldering against well-constructed "everyday" type material.

5pts=Stu
4pts=Matthias
3pts=Johnny D
2pts=2nz
1pt=Cat

Written By: Jack Wilson on 01/14/07 at 12:11 am

Hey Red,gona add the lniks I addd under the parody?

Written By: Matthias on 01/14/07 at 12:50 am

That Tickle Me Emo is hillarious I showed it to all my friends at college who all love Emo Jokes

Written By: Jack Wilson on 01/14/07 at 12:52 am

That Tickle Me Emo is hillarious I showed it to all my friends at college who all love Emo Jokes
Awesome!!! Yeah that skit's been really popular since last month

Written By: Red Ant on 01/14/07 at 9:09 am

They are added now.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/16/07 at 3:47 pm

Needless to say, Christmas dominated my Top Five, and there were so many great parodies that I couldn't fit into five slots.

1 Point... Agrimorfee's Idol Christmas ("White Christmas")
2 Points... Warren Zevon in da hood! ("Gang Wars of Compton")
3 Points... Phil's 500 ones
4 Points... Twas a Spoilt Brat at Christmas
5 Points... (drumroll please)...

It Ain't Chevy, It's Your Brother

With honorable mentions to everyone else.

Again, good luck to everybody! :)

Written By: skittlesking on 01/22/07 at 12:31 pm

Is there any way I can split my points further?  I didn't think so. . .I have 4 mentions that I at one point or another interchanged as high as 3rd I had trouble picking my bottom 3 spots between the others I marked, figured I should mention them (I personally wish it was 10 songs instead of 5 when there are 20 or more entries)

5th (1 Point) I Give to "Privates in Motion" by Peter Anderson (Entry 11)
      I really liked this parody a lot, it was one of the most unique entries of the month and I generally felt the pacing was on spot.  It was raunchy without going over that line, very creative

4th (2 Points) I Give to "Twas a Spoilt Brat on Christmas" by Kristof Robertson (Entry 17)
      I got a little bored with Christmas parodies, especially at the time I got to Entry 17, but this one was just too funny not to give points to. . .excellent parody, very well written, and probably would have been even more funny if I hadn't read so many other Christmas parodies.

3rd (3 Points) I Give to "I'm Gonna Vote 500 Ones" by Phil Alexander (Entry 8)
      Partly because I could relate to the song, but also the inaneness of the original. . .this was one of my personal favorites for many reasons.  It was about a topic that I have not seen too many good parodies (Internet Jerks With Nothing Better To Do) and reinforced my own opinions that the ratings don't mean a whole lot, but I gave this one 5s--

2nd (4 Points) I Give to "Fillings" by Cat (Entry 6)
      Thriller was an amazing song, our feline friend turned it into an absolutely brilliant comedy.  I liked Weird Al's "Cavity Search", but I think this one may actually be more creative than even King Weird Al--and of a much tougher song to parody.  Cat, I have not read many by you, but this one is EASILY the best I've EVER read by you.

1st (5 Points) I Give to "It Still Smells Like Poop to Me" by Michael McVey (Entry 10)
      This song and the 2nd Place song were interchangeable and it really came down to one thing for me.  People on this site have a pre-destined "immature if it's toilet humor" facade.  While usually it's not the most creative form of comedy, I felt this one targetted the topic head on.  It was witty, funny, intelligent, and you know we are here to make people laugh are we not?  I love a well written parody, and this one was, but it's not about that as much as wether or not it paces or makes you laugh--I don't know if this song or 2nd place has any chance at winning, but thay made me laugh.  If I personally were to record any of the entries (minus my own of course) these top two are the ones I'd want to record the most because they were the funniest. . .

I also wanted to mention to Red Ant, your song Idaho would have been number 6 with me if the points went that far, and that Stu, you were my 7th---the topics were terrifically executed, and it hurt having to pick songs to leave out that were such great quality parodies.

Additionally, 2nz, your song Side Effects--great job on the short lines making them all work out--you were my 8th pick, and wannabemustangjockey. . . .I absolutely loved Gang Wars of Compton.

To Everyone else, there were no parodies in this contest that I didn't like, no half arsed ones and none that were really all that poorly paced. . .but I can only pick 5, sorry to those I couldn't fit in this month. . .but I will continue to be fair in the future too.

Written By: Max Power on 01/23/07 at 1:53 pm

5pts - Spoiled brat named Kris

4pts - Damon's drug problem

3pts - brokeback parodies

2pts - Peter's collection of Madonna films

1pts - Phil's 500 ones

Close race.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 01/23/07 at 5:25 pm

Oh wow, I expected mine to do a lot better than this..WOW

Written By: skittlesking on 01/23/07 at 5:33 pm

You aren't the only one. . .just too many good parodies this month. . .kinda wish I debuted a different month.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 01/25/07 at 5:45 pm

2pts - Peter's collection of Madonna films

although I often wish my mother HAD called me Peter, alas she went with Stuart

but thanks, Max :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/26/07 at 7:44 am

I ALWAYS expect mine to do better than the actual results.  :D

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/27/07 at 1:47 am

I ALWAYS expect mine to do better than the actual results.  :D

Funny, with me it's the opposite...I expect mine to not do so well, and then the results pleasantly surprise me. Anyways...

1 point to It Still Smells Like Poop To Me (The Gas Song) By Michael McVey
I've always had a soft spot for AmIRight satires (I think it's under my armpit somewhere) and this satisfies that itch.

2 points to Privates In Motion by K1chyd
I didn't pick up the supposed double entendree, but the pacing was spot-on.

3 points to (Nice Time For A) White Christmas by Agri
Tight pacing, first original Billy Idol song for me, twisted Xmas jingle...awesome!!

4 points to Play Madonna's Movies by Stu
Ah...a rip of a Jacko song when he was cool...all while making fun of a different celebrity made it quite refreshing.

5 points to Fillings by Cat
Two Jacko rips this month...I had to go for the one about the sadistic dentist ;D Plus I didn't have to hunt for the OS!

I've decided to be more descriptive of my vote choices. Hope you like it!

Written By: Matthias on 01/27/07 at 1:04 pm

5 Points Goes To: Kristof Klaus
4 Points Goes To: Idaho Ant
3 Points Goes To: Dr. Cat
2 Points Goes To: Stuart and McArthur's Movie Critique
1 Point Goes To: Phil (For pure Irony)

Written By: Cat on 01/27/07 at 11:39 pm

Again, great month. And I'm sorry I didn't vote earlier! Oh well.

5 Points to Kristof Robertson
4 Points to 2nz
3 Points to Stu McArthur
2 Points to Johnny D
1 Point to Tim Mayfield

Written By: Red Ant on 01/28/07 at 11:31 am

Some of you guys are going to have to start entering sucky parodies into SOTM so that my short list isn't half the field.  :D

5 points to #18: Side Effects Include by 2nz
4 points to #6: Fillings by Cat
3 points to #19: Play Madonna's Movies by Stuart McArthur
2 points to #17: Twas A Spoilt Brat At Christmas by Kristof Robertson
1 point to #2: Shopping Trip ( We Gonna Shop Down To) by Jack Wilson

Honorable mentions to the rest of you, but especially to Johnny D: "Kringle Sell Rock" was the hardest cut I've made all year.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/28/07 at 4:19 pm

To be honest, I'm probably going to only stick to the Ages one for awhile, I spend a lot of time planning my recordings. . .so it's hard to focus on SOTM contests and such, especially with the upcoming website. . .BTW I did do that "How To" on recording you suggested in the parody board, but you can probably count one person out next month, I've got two that could be contenders, but then I thought that about Every Call I Make too, clearly I'm more of a performer than a writer. . .anyway that aside, I like the comments and the sharing of each others songs, if I do enter it will be for that to get opinions, haven't thought about it much yet because I'm focused on P3 and trying to space my songs out better, they are performing VERY well right now on Soundclick, and one of them is nearing a top 20 spot, which I've never reached. . .so I'm excited about the future of recording. . .Good luck everyone though. . .I may enter January, may not, one less thing for everyone to read anyway.  . .I've got so much to record though I don't know if I'll have time between work and everything and the AmIRight Ages--we'll see. . .I've got a little over a week to think about it.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 01/28/07 at 5:15 pm

Some of you guys are going to have to start entering sucky parodies into SOTM so that my short list isn't half the field.  :D

5 points to #18: Side Effects Include by 2nz
4 points to #6: Fillings by Cat
3 points to #19: Play Madonna's Movies by Stuart McArthur
2 points to #17: Twas A Spoilt Brat At Christmas by Kristof Robertson
1 point to #2: Shopping Trip ( We Gonna Shop Down To) by Jack Wilson

Honorable mentions to the rest of you, but especially to Johnny D: "Kringle Sell Rock" was the hardest cut I've made all year.
YES! Thanks!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 01/29/07 at 9:50 am

Obviously, the final SOTM of the year was going to make for hard voting, but geez it was hard getting down to 5. From a short short shortlist of 9, I had to make some really hard decisions. So apologies to Arwen, Johnny, Agri and Jockey...

5 pts: Cat's Dire Dentistry
4 pts: 2nz's  mirthful maladies
3 pts: Stu's film farces
2 pts: Tim's crazy reindeer
1 pt: Red Ant's Potato State-ment

Written By: meow78223 on 01/29/07 at 9:59 am

Note: I'm doing this in case my last attempt didn't go through.
MM

1st place- 5 points---"Twas A Spoilt Brat At Christmas" by Kristof Robertson
2nd place- 4 points---"Shopping Trip ( We Gonna Shop Down To)" by Jack Wilson
3rd place- 3 points---"Fillings" by Cat
4th place- 2 points---"Side Effects Include" by 2nz
5th place- 1 point---"Cross-Eyed Red-Nosed Reindeer" by Tim Mayfield

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/29/07 at 11:44 am

3 points to (Nice Time For A) White Christmas by Agri
Tight pacing, first original Billy Idol song for me, twisted Xmas jingle...awesome!!

Thanks, Conqy! 8)

Written By: K1chyd on 01/29/07 at 1:18 pm

To be honest, I'm probably going to only stick to the Ages one for awhile, I spend a lot of time planning my recordings. . .so it's hard to focus on SOTM contests and such, especially with the upcoming website. . .BTW I did do that "How To" on recording you suggested in the parody board, but you can probably count one person out next month, I've got two that could be contenders, but then I thought that about Every Call I Make too, clearly I'm more of a performer than a writer. . .anyway that aside, I like the comments and the sharing of each others songs, if I do enter it will be for that to get opinions, haven't thought about it much yet because I'm focused on P3 and trying to space my songs out better, they are performing VERY well right now on Soundclick, and one of them is nearing a top 20 spot, which I've never reached. . .so I'm excited about the future of recording. . .Good luck everyone though. . .I may enter January, may not, one less thing for everyone to read anyway.  . .I've got so much to record though I don't know if I'll have time between work and everything and the AmIRight Ages--we'll see. . .I've got a little over a week to think about it.

My 47 eurocents on the subject: I've almost stopped writing new parodies over the last months, and daily visits to amiright are not currently possible since I'm very busy and it's not slowing down, at least not right now, yet I've managed to get at least one parody in for every SOTM round and I partly "blame" that on the inspiration I'm picking up from reading everyones best effort of the month. It keeps a small portion in the back of my brain in touch with my muse, and I hope I can keep it that way, even busy comes with some hiatuses for writing parodies and I think I would probably write more sloppy (or what to call it) if it wasn't for the fact that I have to keep in mind that if it becomes the only one of the month it will also be the one I'll have to run before the argus eyed critics here. Even when I don't get any points there's still often a comment or two that makes me feel I've gotten my song onto a best of album of some sort just by partaking in the SOTM action.  :)

Written By: K1chyd on 01/29/07 at 1:21 pm

I just realised that as the only Swede here I'm speaking on behalf of the entire population (9 100 000 was the last figure I heard), hence I will adjust the numbers to reflect that. We give...

45 500 000 Points to "Play Madonna's Movies"

36 400 000 Points to "Side Effects Include"

27 300 000 Points to "I'm Gonna Vote (500 Ones)"

18 200 000 Points to "Idaho"

And despite being totally out of season, eleven months ahead (sic!) of Christmas:

9 100 000 Points to "Twas A Spoilt Brat At Christmas"

I hope this doesn't mess up the totals now...  :P

Written By: Jack Wilson on 01/29/07 at 4:11 pm

Obviously, the final SOTM of the year was going to make for hard voting, but geez it was hard getting down to 5. From a short short shortlist of 9, I had to make some really hard decisions. So apologies to Arwen, Johnny, Agri and Jockey...

5 pts: Cat's Dire Dentistry
4 pts: 2nz's  mirthful maladies
3 pts: Stu's film farces
2 pts: Tim's crazy reindeer
1 pt: Red Ant's Potato State-ment

Wow. The first person to praise my parody and it didnt get any points?

Nah just kiddin theres too many good ones

Written By: skittlesking on 01/29/07 at 8:46 pm

My 47 eurocents on the subject: I've almost stopped writing new parodies over the last months, and daily visits to amiright are not currently possible since I'm very busy and it's not slowing down, at least not right now, yet I've managed to get at least one parody in for every SOTM round and I partly "blame" that on the inspiration I'm picking up from reading everyones best effort of the month. It keeps a small portion in the back of my brain in touch with my muse, and I hope I can keep it that way, even busy comes with some hiatuses for writing parodies and I think I would probably write more sloppy (or what to call it) if it wasn't for the fact that I have to keep in mind that if it becomes the only one of the month it will also be the one I'll have to run before the argus eyed critics here. Even when I don't get any points there's still often a comment or two that makes me feel I've gotten my song onto a best of album of some sort just by partaking in the SOTM action.  :)

Thank you for your comments. . .to be honest, Stu already somewhat encouraged me to barrow forward and enter next month. . .I'll just have to wing it.  I know I'm not entering the "Q" ABC contest, with Age of AmIRight I just have to keep my mind focused on that and SOTM and specialty contests I already qualify for.  Now I'm torn between Dead End Jobs and Squinting in the Dark, got a couple weeks on that thought too. . .thanks for your reply and encouragement via personal expierence, I karmaed you for it:)

Written By: tmayfield on 01/30/07 at 12:16 am

It gets harder and harder to make a clean call... :-\\

5 points - Twas A Spoilt Brat At Christmas by Kristof Robertson
4 points - I'm Gonna Vote (500 Ones) by Phil Alexander
3 points - (Nice Time For A) White Christmas by Agrimorfee
2 points - Side Effects Include by 2nz
1 point - Play Madonna's Movies by Stuart McArthur

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 01/30/07 at 2:40 am

5 points........Kristof
4 points........Phil
3 points........Red Ant
2 points........2nz
1 point.........Cat

and apologies to 6 others, the closest being Matthias

and no way is this job getting easier - the SOTMs are a wonderful comp, and an ingenious idea of Godfather Claude's, and I reckon the overall quality of amiright has lifted because of them - bravo everyone - (stick with us B.A.Dave!! and any other potential newcomers :))

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/30/07 at 12:08 pm

It gets harder and harder to make a clean call... :-\\ 3 points - (Nice Time For A) White Christmas by Agrimorfee

You get on the Nice List, Tim!  8)

Written By: Johnny_D on 01/30/07 at 10:03 pm

5 points for #18: Side Effects Include by 2nz
4 points for #17: Twas A Spoilt Brat At Christmas by Kristof Robertson
3 points for #2: Shopping Trip ( We Gonna Shop Down To) by Jack Wilson
2 points for #6: Fillings by Cat
1 point for #13: Idaho by Red Ant

Written By: Red Ant on 01/31/07 at 5:49 pm

Phil Alexander is having problems accessing the messageboard at the moment, so he sent me his picks via email.

"But if you'd be so kind as to post these:

5 points to Play Madonna's Movies - Stu
4 points to Fillings - Cat
3 points to Side Effects Include - 2nz
2 points to White Christmas - Agrimorfee
1 point  to Shopping Trip - Jack W

Many thanks

Phil"

Written By: Jack Wilson on 01/31/07 at 6:47 pm

5 points to Kristof's Brat
4 ponits to Stu's Madonna Mayhem
3 points to Matthias 's Merry Yuletide
2 poitns to Agri's White Billy Idol Christmas
1 points to Cat's fillings

Honorable menitons : Johnny, Conquerer,Red Ant ,2Glenz,and everyone else!

Written By: 2nz on 02/01/07 at 12:23 am

Oh, damn. Tons of fun reading all the entries; No fun picking the top five. But here's mine, just in time too.

5 points: #1: "A Merry Yuletide" by Matthias

4 points: #13: "Idaho" by Red Ant

3 points: #6: "Fillings" by Cat

2 points: #2: "Shopping Trip ( We Gonna Shop Down To)" by Jack Wilson

1 point: #20: "You better Watch Out" by Chris Bodily TM

It's still January in some timezones...  that counts, right?

Written By: Red Ant on 02/01/07 at 12:59 am

It's still January in some timezones...  that counts, right?

To a degree - unless you live in Hawaii, posting votes at 6am on the 1st isn't going to cut it. Normally I give until 2-3am for everyone to get their votes in.

So yes, they count, and thanks for your support.

Written By: wannabemustangjock on 02/01/07 at 1:09 am

Hope there's still time to vote; I just started a new semester of college and things have been hectic. For the record it's 11:09 pm (PST) on Jan 31 as I type this.

So here goes:

5 pts to Xtof's Xmas
4 pts to Matthias' merriment
3 pts to 2nz's painzes
2 pts to Johnny D's Santa Sale
1 pt to Jack's consumerism

Written By: Red Ant on 02/01/07 at 1:39 am

And the unofficial* results for the December SOTM are:

1st place with 53 points: Twas A Spoilt Brat At Christmas by Kristof Robertson

2nd place with 37 points: Play Madonna's Movies by Stuart McArthur

3rd place with 36 points: Fillings by Cat

2nz also had 36 points, and the same number of 1st-place votes, but Cat had more 2nd-place votes (3-2)

Phil Alexander 19
Matthias 16
Red Ant 15
Jack Wilson 12
Johnny D 11
Agrimorfee 11
Michael McVey 6
Tim Mayfield 4
Peter Andersson a.k.a K1chyd 3
the_conqueror_of_parodies 3
wannabemustangjockey 2
Chris Bodily TM 1

Honorable mentions to Dave and Max Power

Congratulations to Kristof, Stu and Cat.

One DQ to report: the always lovely Arwen did not vote in time, so she forfeits her points, and I believe is ineligible to participate in Jan '07 SOTM.

*Unofficial because I'm tired as hell and since 2nd-4th place is so very close, I'll check the figures again later today.

Subject: Re: December SOTM Voting Thread: Results Posted

Written By: Jack Wilson on 02/01/07 at 7:07 am

WOOOOO! 7th place! Thanks guys!

Conngrats to Kristof,Stu and Cat!

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/01/07 at 7:34 am

Congrats to our wieners!
8)
(belated thanks to Jack and Red for their votes for me!)

Written By: Arwen on 02/01/07 at 11:23 am

So sorry I didn't make it in, all.  I got SO sick last night...it was all I could do to not pass out, seriously...and I just had to go to bed.

Once again, I realize I wouldn't have these problems if I didn't put it off until the last minute, so I know it's my fault...but I'm still sad.  :\'(

Written By: Red Ant on 02/01/07 at 5:03 pm

I've rechecked the results and my initial count seems correct. So, official congratulations to Kristof, Stu and Cat (and 2nz).

Congrats to our wieners!
8)
(belated thanks to Jack and Red for their votes for me!)

Actually, it was Phil who voted for you - I just posted his picks.

The Wildcard round will be up shortly.

Written By: 2nz on 02/01/07 at 9:16 pm

Oh, well played Kristof, Stu and Cat. I started out the tournament in 4th place from Agri's initial vote so it seems almost fitting that I ended it that way. Kudos Cat, I really do like close finishes and I can't remember a closer one for third. And seeing as how I was an hour or two from being DQed, I'm pretty happy with things.

And combined it comes out to 'A spoilt brat watching Madonna's movies while getting fillings at Christmas'. Ouch.

Great work everyone. These tournaments motivation my lazy ass to check out all your quality work, and I'm thankful for that.

Written By: Cat on 02/02/07 at 5:14 pm

WOW!!  :o Thanks so much, everyone!

I was seriously not expecting that, Glen, I thought for sure that you'd edge me out. But you did a really great job anyway, as did Kris and Stu!

Oh, and a special note from Dr. Drillyew:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/5712/dentistua2.jpg

Written By: K1chyd on 02/03/07 at 1:51 pm

Congrats to the medalists etc. Wow, a poem won (that's a first, right?) ???

Written By: Red Ant on 02/03/07 at 11:09 pm

Congrats to the medalists etc. Wow, a poem won (that's a first, right?) ???

I thought a parody of "The Raven" got a SOTM medal before, but I can't seem to find it.  ???

Written By: Johnny_D on 02/04/07 at 12:20 am

And the unofficial* results for the December SOTM are:

1st place with 53 points: Twas A Spoilt Brat At Christmas by Kristof Robertson

2nd place with 37 points: Play Madonna's Movies by Stuart McArthur

3rd place with 36 points: Fillings by Cat

2nz also had 36 points, and the same number of 1st-place votes, but Cat had more 2nd-place votes (3-2)

Phil Alexander 19
Matthias 16
Red Ant 15
Jack Wilson 12
Johnny D 11
Agrimorfee 11
Michael McVey 6
Tim Mayfield 4
Peter Andersson a.k.a K1chyd 3
the_conqueror_of_parodies 3
wannabemustangjockey 2
Chris Bodily TM 1

Honorable mentions to Dave and Max Power

Congratulations to Kristof, Stu and Cat.

One DQ to report: the always lovely Arwen did not vote in time, so she forfeits her points, and I believe is ineligible to participate in Jan '07 SOTM.

*Unofficial because I'm tired as hell and since 2nd-4th place is so very close, I'll check the figures again later today.

Congratulations, Kristof & Stuart & Cat !

And thanks to everyone who voted for my ode to Kris Kringle & Krass Kommercialism!  ;D

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 02/04/07 at 3:27 am

Thanks everyone - another close finish for the non-Kristof places - and I think (referring to another thread on Parodies now) that Blame It On The Boogie hadn't been parodied before (although maybe it has, under The Jacksons and not Michael Jackson, and I credited it wrongly)

congrats to Kristof's Spaffesque finish to the year, taking all before him (which is phrase I've used about Kristof before, I recall ::))  and to the lovely and talented Cat - and congrats 2nz (tough luck to miss out, mate)

Written By: Claude_Prez on 02/04/07 at 12:02 pm

I thought a parody of "The Raven" got a SOTM medal before, but I can't seem to find it.  ???

IIRC, EmiLoca would've at least placed with that one but didn't vote in time and got disqualified.  I could be wrong, though.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 02/05/07 at 3:19 am

Sorry I'm late! Traffic was bad and I lost my car keys and...... ;)

Well, all I can say is; BLOW ME DOWN! I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that you all gave this so much support. Although I was really happy with "Spoilt Brat", I didn't think it had a snowball's chance in hell of doing well, as it was a poem (although the OP has been recorded to music)...so thank you so very much. I truly am honoured!

Congrats to the mighty Mr McArthur, for his consistently funny writing and for being such a cool bloke.

Congrats to the prodigious Miss Cat, who is shaping up to be an absolute powerhouse of parody perfection.

Well done to all who entered; the standard in December was as high as I've ever seen it, and you all deserve medals.

It's been a funny ol' year for me parody-wise, but I've enjoyed it so much, I can't wait to see what 07 produces.

Ciao!!!!

Written By: philbo on 02/06/07 at 1:18 pm

Well done K, Stu & Cat, and congriserations (a conflation of congratulations and commiserations) to 2nz for being pipped at the post.

Well, one came in seventh, as it happens ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...