inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: January SOTM results

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/01/07 at 9:29 pm

please see below

Subject: Re: for January SOTM results - see January SOTM voting thread (page 3)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/01/07 at 9:59 pm

I've stepped in to help Jack out...(that's "out" not "off")

Results for the January SOTM are:

1st place with 33 points:    "I Don't Really Care" by Red Ant
2nd place with 32 points:   "Too Much Medication" by yoidy
3rd place with 30 points:    "No Regret-o (....Priscilla honey)" by Stu McArthur

Phil - 25
Below Average Dave - 21
Matthias - 19
Johnny D - 16
Colin - 15
Tim Mayfield - 12
Jack Wilson - 11
Michael Cormier - 7
Peter Andersson - 7
wannabemustangjockey - 6
Agrimorfee - 5
Max Power - 5
Mike McVey - 4
tomario - 3
conqueror of parodies - 2
Jason - 1
The Charnstar - 1

no honourable mentions - everyone scored!

3 DQs this round: conqueror_of_parodies (dude!!!!!), Mike McVey, and Colin - disqualified from entering February SOTM - sorry guys

congratulations Red Ant and yoidy (what a first-up performance),  and thanks for my votes everyone :)

:) :) :)

(back to you Jack)

Subject: Re: January SOTM results

Written By: Red Ant on 03/01/07 at 11:20 pm

Thanks for putting up the results for SOTM, Stu. I guess I forgot to announce it, but Claude will be heading up the 2007 SOTM contests. I think he had some computer issues today; I hope he's got everything working now.

Congratulations to Yoidy and Stu for their medals. I'm not sure, but I think that Yoidy is the first person to medal in his first SOTM.

And wow, thanks to everyone who voted for my parody. It was a very close top 3 (only 3 points separation may be a record too), and to have come out of this month with the Au could make a grown man cry... except that would make me look like a wimp, so I won't.  ;)

Anywho, thanks to all and especially Claude for letting me head up the 2006 SOTM contests. It was a wonderful year and experience, but it's my turn to be lazy now, heh heh.  Actually, editing and moderating is anything but vacation, but I hope to have the time to enter more SOTM contests in the future. If I don't, I'd like to say that leaving SOTM competitions on a high note will always stay with me. Until next time...

I will get the SOTY voting thread up in a few hours.

Written By: Johnny_D on 03/01/07 at 11:42 pm

I've stepped in to help Jack out...(that's "out" not "off")

Results for the January SOTM are:

1st place with 33 points:    "I Don't Really Care" by Red Ant
2nd place with 32 points:   "Too Much Medication" by yoidy
3rd place with 30 points:    "No Regret-o (....Priscilla honey)" by Stu McArthur

Phil - 25
Below Average Dave - 21
Matthias - 19
Johnny D - 16
Colin - 15
Tim Mayfield - 12
Jack Wilson - 11
Michael Cormier - 7
Peter Andersson - 7
wannabemustangjockey - 6
Agrimorfee - 5
Max Power - 5
Mike McVey - 4
tomario - 3
conqueror of parodies - 2
Jason - 1
The Charnstar - 1

no honourable mentions - everyone scored!

3 DQs this round: conqueror_of_parodies (dude!!!!!), Mike McVey, and Colin - disqualified from entering February SOTM - sorry guys

congratulations Red Ant and yoidy (what a first-up performance),  and thanks for my votes everyone :)

:) :) :)

(back to you Jack)

Congratulations Red, Yoidy, & Stu !  ;D

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/01/07 at 11:56 pm

I'm not sure, but I think that Yoidy is the first person to medal in his first SOTM.

um.......the second actually...........

*shuffles awkwardly*

Written By: Red Ant on 03/02/07 at 12:41 am

um.......the second actually...........

*shuffles awkwardly*

Oops. Sorry about that Stu, I see you were the first to medal in your debut SOTM with "99 Rubber Boobs".

*retreats to the ant mound*

Written By: The Charnstar on 03/02/07 at 3:47 am

CHARNSTAR SCORED! Ohhhh yeah. Congrats to Red Ant, Yoidy and Stu. A well deserved win by all of you

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/02/07 at 10:55 pm

DAMNITT!!! And I had such a good one lined up for the Feb SOTM as well! Stupid birthday interuptions!

Written By: skittlesking on 03/02/07 at 11:37 pm

DAMNITT!!! And I had such a good one lined up for the Feb SOTM as well! Stupid birthday interuptions!

How many Sympathy votes have to be cast for one to be forgiven and allowed in, or is that just an ABC rule?

Written By: Red Ant on 03/03/07 at 12:16 am

How many Sympathy votes have to be cast for one to be forgiven and allowed in, or is that just an ABC rule?

That's just the ABCs. Normally, three "sympathy" votes have to be cast to allow someone in the next letter.

Written By: philbo on 03/04/07 at 11:51 am

My favourite!  Fourth place :)

It felt like it was going to be a close contest when I was reading the parodies - a very consistent quality with some different sorts of songs that different people would find appealing.  Very well done, Jack, Yoidy & Stu :D

And seeing what won, I have a feeling I know what my entry for this month's SOTM is going to be: last night I performed a new parody, and even though I made the occasional mistake (which is hardly surprising, under the circumstances), it got quite a cheer at the end.  And I'm extremely pleased with the recording, too :)

Written By: skittlesking on 03/04/07 at 7:58 pm

My favourite!  Fourth place :)

It felt like it was going to be a close contest when I was reading the parodies - a very consistent quality with some different sorts of songs that different people would find appealing.  Very well done, Jack, Yoidy & Stu :D

And seeing what won, I have a feeling I know what my entry for this month's SOTM is going to be: last night I performed a new parody, and even though I made the occasional mistake (which is hardly surprising, under the circumstances), it got quite a cheer at the end.  And I'm extremely pleased with the recording, too :)

Yay!  5th. . .well it's better than 0 points like my first entry. . .I started off as a strong horse and then flat lined:)  Congrats to Red Ant and Stu, and especially Yoidy, quite an accomplishment for such a new writer. . .Phil--yeah in recording we all make some mistakes, but yours are at least among the best if not the best overall of those I've heard through AmIRight, theres more to recordings/performances than quality, making them funny is part of it. . .you and Rick excel at that. . .anyhow. . .good February. . .and I've got to go play Sims (sorry Jason) reading that song got me addicted again, maybe it will clear this builders block I'm having with badave.com or help me come up with an advertisement to get people involved in the first Performance of the Month Contest

Written By: malibumike65 on 03/06/07 at 1:44 am

Wow! A tie for eleventh place. For my first entry ever into one of these contests, I like it. I may not be chip leader, but I ain't exactly short stack either. lol  Thank you all. Congrats Red Ant, Yoidy & Stu. Great job by everybody. I haven't been able to write anything in the last month or so but I hope to get back to it eventually. Keep up the good work everyone. 

Check for new replies or respond here...