inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry Nominations

Written By: skittlesking on 03/08/07 at 8:51 pm

http://www.badave.com/artists/artistry/pics/main.jpg
We all love a good tribute, but I'm going to tribute all the artists we love to parody by hosting a new type of contest starting in late March/Early April --no date set yet--picking a random artist for periods of two to three weeks and allowing those who have written parodies of the particular artist chosen to enter the contest.

Check the Artistry Main Page

1. Ace of Base
2. Backstreet Boys
3. Britney Spears
4. Christina Aguilera
5. David Bowie
6. Destiny's Child & Beyonce, Michelle & Kelly
7. Duran Duran
8. Evanescence
9. Indie Artist Round
10. Kool & the Gang
11. Madonna
12. Metallica
13. Michael Jackson
14. N'Sync & Justin Timberlake
15. No Doubt & Gwen Stefani
16. Ozzy Osbourne
17. Pink Floyd
18. Salt N Pepa
19. TLC
20. Van Halen
21. Weird Al Yankovic
22. Cher
23. AC/DC
24. Jennifer Lopez

25. The Police
26. Mariah Carey
27. Whitney Houston
28. Garbage
29. Frank Sinatra
30. Pink
31. Bloodhound Gang
32. REM
33. Motown Singles Collection-
34. Elvis Presley
35. Ray Charles
36. The Ramones
37. Janet Jackson
38. Paula Abdul
39. Green Day
40. Alice In Chains
41. Meat Loaf
42. Beach Boys
43. Bon Jovi
44. The Beatles
45. The Rolling Stones
46. Talking Heads
47. Bruce Springsteen
48. Guns N' Roses
49. U2
50. Johnny Cash
51. Eminem
52. The Cranberries
53. Weezer
54. Coldplay
55. Red Hot Chili Peppers
56. Smashing Pumpkins
57. Lifehouse
58. Alanis Morrisette
59. Jimmy Buffet
60. Simon and Garfunkel
61. John Denver
62. Bob Dylan
63. Gordon Lightfoot
64. Nirvana
65. Judas Priest
66. Queen
67. Styx
68. Disney Animated Movies
69. Musicals (Broadway or Classic)
70. Cliff Richard
71. Moody Blues
72. Enya
73. Aerosmith
74. King Crimson
75. 3 Dog Night
76. The Who
77. The Kinks
78. Billy Joel
79. Garth Brooks
80. Pantera
81. Faith No More
82. Allman Brothers
83. Boston
84. Willie Nelson
85. ZZ Top
86. Dolly Parton
87. Lynyrd Skynyrd
88. The Eagles
89. Iron Maiden
90. Stevie Wonder
91. Offspring
92. Marilyn Manson
93. Dean Martin
94. Abba
95. Ricky Martin
96. Flogging Molly
97. Limp Bizkit
98. Thin Lizzy
99. Led Zeppelin
100. White Snake
101. Elton John
102. The Cars
103. Creedence Clearwater Revival
104. Devo
105. Billy Idol
106. Kiss
107. Paper Lace
108. Bee Gees
109. Rob Zombie
110. Shania Twain
111. The Skyhooks
112. Stevie Nicks
113. Suzi Quatro
114. Wham & George Michael
115. Boy George & The Culture Club
116. Usher
117. Tears for Fears
118. Jamiroquai
119. Vertical Horizon
120. RuPaul
121. Barry White
122. Bob Marley
123. Robbie Williams

Subject: Re: Artistry Nominations

Written By: Matthias on 03/09/07 at 12:20 am

How can you forget the greats like Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne, and.... uhm...... Weird Al Yankovic?

Written By: skittlesking on 03/09/07 at 7:55 am

How can you forget the greats like Van Halen, Ozzy Osbourne, and.... uhm...... Weird Al Yankovic?

Easily Matthias, you just answered it. . .people do admit to liking those and you just nominated them

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/09/07 at 8:45 am

Great idea, as always Dave! However, I would choose some of these artists a little more selectively (Evanesence, Destiny's Child as examples), not because I dislike them or their quality is questionable, but I think they need to have a wider discography of songs--and more of a superbly agreed upon influence in the realm of popular music--in order to make it a viable contest that can be truly be called Artistry.

These others I have in mind:

Pink Floyd
David Bowie
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
REM
The Supremes/The Four Tops/Smokey Robinson et al from the classic Motown singles
Elvis Presley
Ray Charles
The Ramones

Written By: skittlesking on 03/09/07 at 1:19 pm

Great idea, as always Dave! However, I would choose some of these artists a little more selectively (Evanesence, Destiny's Child as examples), not because I dislike them or their quality is questionable, but I think they need to have a wider discography of songs--and more of a superbly agreed upon influence in the realm of popular music--in order to make it a viable contest that can be truly be called Artistry.

These others I have in mind:

Pink Floyd
David Bowie
Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
REM
The Supremes/The Four Tops/Smokey Robinson et al from the classic Motown singles
Elvis Presley
Ray Charles
The Ramones

I agree on those two particular artists. . .but I will leave them in as I did already nominate them. . .however what I will do to help people is make a temp page for each artist when they come up and list every song they've done to help people out who want to participate and maybe have less knowledge of the individual bands collection.  Also figure, smaller discographies like Destiny's Child and especially Evanesence will be less challenging rounds for people, kinda like the Q and X rounds in the ABC contest. . .but I will deffinitely help out by making temp pages containing song lists of each artist involved.  Oh and I like the idea of Motown being listed the way you mentioned since each artist IS inter-related. . .but I will accept submissions of artists independently from Mowtown as well if someone feels a particular artist from Motown has a particularly good discography that could stand apart. . .thank you Agimorefee. . .I think this will be a fun comp with a noble list of great artists.  Oh and I took your suggestion one step further. . .I figured adding ex member of some bands who have not really attained self fame just yet would help too so it could be inclusive, since IMHO those artists aren't that far removed from the stylings of their previous groups.

Written By: Matthias on 03/09/07 at 1:42 pm

Before I leave....

1. Green Day
2. Alice In Chains
3. Metallica
4. Meat Loaf
5. Beach Boys
6. Bon Jovi
7. The Beatles
8. The Rolling Stones
9. Talking Heads
10. Bruce Springsteen
11. Guns N' Roses
12. U2
13. Johnny Cash
14. Eminem
15. The Cranberries
16. Weezer
17. Coldplay
18. Red Hot Chili Peppers
19. Smashing Pumpkins
20. Lifehouse
21. Alanis Morrisette
22. Gilbert And Sullivan
23. Simon and Garfunkel
24. John Denver
25. Bob Dylan
26. Gordon Lightfoot
27. Nirvana
28. Judas Priest
29. Queen
30. Styx

There you go... And there's plenty more where that came from

You might have already said some of these, but... I didn't check...

Written By: skittlesking on 03/09/07 at 1:51 pm

Before I leave....

1. Green Day
2. Alice In Chains
3. Metallica
4. Meat Loaf
5. Beach Boys
6. Bon Jovi
7. The Beatles
8. The Rolling Stones
9. Talking Heads
10. Bruce Springsteen
11. Guns N' Roses
12. U2
13. Johnny Cash
14. Eminem
15. The Cranberries
16. Weezer
17. Coldplay
18. Red Hot Chili Peppers
19. Smashing Pumpkins
20. Lifehouse
21. Alanis Morrisette
22. Gilbert And Sullivan
23. Simon and Garfunkel
24. John Denver
25. Bob Dylan
26. Gordon Lightfoot
27. Nirvana
28. Judas Priest
29. Queen
30. Styx

There you go... And there's plenty more where that came from

You might have already said some of these, but... I didn't check...

Surprisingly, only one was previously listed---Metallica which I nominated initially. . .so you just doubled the artist list:)  Good thing I didn't set a time frame on finishing the Artistry Rounds--It will likely be a multi-year event, but that's good, hopefully the lighter artists will appear earlier in the contest.

Subject: Re: Artistry Nominations-LAST CALL TO NOMINATE YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS

Written By: skittlesking on 03/12/07 at 1:23 am

Last day to nominate more artists will be 3/20/2007, although not nominating artists WILL NOT mean you can't participate, similarly nominating artists WILL NOT mean you have to participate, each round is totally open to the public for entry, and voting will be somewhat open too. . .For a long time we have given praise to letters of the Alphabet and Months, this is your chance to give tribute to your favorite artists, as these rounds will be dedicated to those artists we love to parody so very very much. . .it's up to you. . .60 artists is a great number which is why I decided to make 3/20 the deadline for more nominations. . .at that point I will announce a starting date a little further in the future. . .I do want to work on badave a bit this month too. . .and the starting date will be after SOTY is finished and Ages will be up to at least round 5, maybe 6 or 7. . .so that contest will be near it's end. . .

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/12/07 at 5:22 pm

Broadway Musicals is a pretty broad (and perhaps laughed at?) idea for a "Artistry" category, I know...but....we all do many of them, and they are an inarguable influence in the world of popular music.

Written By: tomario on 03/12/07 at 5:47 pm

wot no cliff richard ???  :o  :-X

Written By: skittlesking on 03/12/07 at 6:15 pm

wot no cliff richard ???   :o  :-X

Well, there is now, you nominate him he's in!!

And Agimorfee, I agree, Musicals is IN!

Written By: adagio on 03/13/07 at 6:53 pm

Moody Blues
Enya
Aerosmith
King Crimson
3 Dog Night

Written By: Josh2 on 03/13/07 at 7:20 pm

Is the "Big 4" in there?

Beatles
The Who
The Rolling Stones
THe Kinks

Written By: skittlesking on 03/13/07 at 7:43 pm

Moody Blues
Enya
Aerosmith
King Crimson
3 Dog Night

I can't believe Enya and Aerosmith weren't on the list previously, they are now thank you Adagio!

Written By: skittlesking on 03/13/07 at 7:44 pm

Is the "Big 4" in there?

Beatles
The Who
The Rolling Stones
THe Kinks

Well, The Beatles and Rolling Stones were, but the other two---they are now, thank you Josh2

Written By: Max Power on 03/15/07 at 6:16 pm

Billy Joel.

Written By: skittlesking on 03/15/07 at 7:47 pm

Billy Joel--added:)

Written By: Matthias on 03/15/07 at 7:59 pm

Garth Brooks
Pantera
Faith No More
Allman Brothers
Boston
Bon Jovi
Willie Nelson
ZZ Top
Dolly Parton
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Eagles

Errrr... Anything else?

Written By: skittlesking on 03/15/07 at 8:02 pm

Garth Brooks
Pantera
Faith No More
Allman Brothers
Boston
Bon Jovi
Willie Nelson
ZZ Top
Dolly Parton
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Eagles

Errrr... Anything else?

I believe Bon Jovi is already listed, but I will add the other. . .you know, back in St. Louis, we had a pizza place called Pantera's, best Pizza you'd ever eat, and the jukebox had like 6 songs by Pantera. . .side note sorry--I'm full of irrelevant information

Written By: Josh2 on 03/15/07 at 9:10 pm

Iron Maiden
Stevie Wonder

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/16/07 at 8:06 am

King Crimson

Featuring the worst lyricist in rock history, Pete Sinfield. That will be an interesting round.  :D

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/16/07 at 10:00 pm

What...is there gonna be a parody round for each one of these? Is the Parody Decathlon gone REALLY screwy?

Written By: skittlesking on 03/16/07 at 10:29 pm

What...is there gonna be a parody round for each one of these? Is the Parody Decathlon gone REALLY screwy?

Well this one will be a little different from other comps, but YES, there will be an artist round for each artist. . .Parody Decathlon is gone though . . .this one will be a enter if you want to per round, kinda like ABC, IOW--you can enter Madonna, and skip Metallica or vice versa as different artists come up, you'll just not have the biggest overall score, but each individual artist will take precedence over the overall ranks. . .but that will be seen when the comp officially begins. . .

Written By: Matthias on 03/16/07 at 10:42 pm

Marilyn Manson
Dean Martin
Abba

AND

Ricky Martin

Written By: Matthias on 03/17/07 at 11:45 am

FLOGGING MOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!

(Thanks to my dorm neighbors for reminding me)

Written By: Josh2 on 03/17/07 at 3:39 pm

Limp Bizkit
Thin Lizzy
Led Zeppelin

Written By: The Charnstar on 03/17/07 at 7:19 pm

White Snake
Elton John
The Cars
Creedence Clearwater Revival
DEVO
Billy Idol
KISS
Paper Lace
Bee Gees
Rob Zombie
Shania Twain
The Skyhooks
Stevie Nicks
Suzi Quatro
Wham

Okay, maybe not Rob Zombie, but be glad I didn't put Crash Test Dummies... MUA HA HA HA HA!

Written By: skittlesking on 03/17/07 at 10:50 pm

Awesome list we all have going, if this continues I may extend the nomination deadline to give me extra time to make the pages, All artists nominated so far have been added and there are plenty of people who haven't submitted any so anyone who wants to see a round for a favorite artist he/she may have feel free to nominate him/her/them. . .because if you don't and no one else does, your favorite artist may be let out in the cold. . .Thank you EVERYBODY for your enthusiasm & help making this list, I know there is no way I would have come up with this whole thing on my own!!!

;) Karama for each of you--well after I brb

Written By: Andy Roper on 03/18/07 at 1:26 am

111. The Skyhooks

Just out of curiousity, how do you know these guys?  :)

Written By: skittlesking on 03/18/07 at 3:15 am

Just out of curiousity, how do you know these guys?  :)

Well, The Skyhooks (70s Australian Comedious Rock), was a band prior to this site I actually hadn't heard of.  That is one of the things that is so wonderful about AmIRight, inthe00s and the whole combination of sites that Chucky has built.  It has opened me up to a whole new world (literally) of music.  Their song "Straight in a Gay Gay World" was the very first one I was able to find online after hearing of them through Charnstar (a regular contributer, and the person who nominated said artist for an inclusion in the Artistry Competition) and after listening to a few others by them, I actually have begun looking for some of their work. . .They had a 30 year anniversary thing not to far back, and that is what I am searching for at the moment.  I have had quite a few artists on this list I had not heard of, but like I said since joining this site--my world of music has exploded, so many artists I had never heard of, and as a fan primarily of 70s and 80s music--it surprises me just how much I didn't know about my favorite decades. 

Speaking of bands lesser known. . .I am surprised no one has nominated "Boy George" yet!  I am going to nominate a few others. . .

Boy George & the Culture Club
Usher
Tears for Fears

Subject: Re: Artistry Nominations-OFFICIAL LIST FINAL--ANNOUNCED START INFO

Written By: skittlesking on 03/22/07 at 8:06 am

This contest will run voting inbetween the ABC voting weeks

The first artist thread will begin APRIL 17th for entries, the reason for the delayed entry is because this contest will be much different for the usual contest

A page will be built for each of the 120 artist to help those of you who want to participate in each round

Here are a few of the rules that will be different from the normal contest

--Participation in a round is an extra 5 points for voting, if you enter a round and vote you deserve some points just for being part of that round for the effort. . .if you actually earn points you'll get those points plus the 5 participation points.

--Voting in a round that you are not in will get you 3 Points for voting, you do not have to vote if you don't participate in a round, but doing so will get you points, so if there is an artist you just can't write a parody for you can still earn some points.

--There will be a prize fund set up using some of the extra money earned from badave.com, which is aiming to open on April 23rd (my 25th birthday). . .there are stores being set up for this contest as well, some of it's profits will go into the prize fund.  My goal is to have a substantial prize for the top 5 overall of the entire contest AND a prize for anyone who enters all 120 rounds OR if no one does--the one who enters the most rounds--to my knowledge this will be the first contest with any actual prizes

--A new voting system will be set up.  A form will be set up that allows people the option of voting secretly using a MySQL/PHP database.  What this database will do is literally track who has voted and who hasn't, it will calculate it's results and can give me a daily list of who hasn't voted yet.  It would eliminate the possibility of anyone calculating the results and manipulating their rank, not that I think that goes on a lot here, but there will be actual prizes associated with this contest so it is imperative that it be done as fairly as possible.  It is also why I will be encouraging non-participant voting as well.  Those who do not use the new system may still vote via the forum--the new voting system will be on a VOLUNTEER BASIS and it's results will be combined with the forum results at the end of each round. 

--One thing the winner will deffinitely get, unless they opt out in which case it will go to whoever places 2nd, is a CD collection containing the OS from each round that was the target of the winning parody--there may be one exception for the Indie Artist Round in that some Indie Artists don't allow free downloads and aren't easy to get, I refuse to copy the music by recording directly because I respect the wishes an artist may have against their music being downloaded free, however if that is the case, the song that ranks highest that does allow downloads will be used, if nothing else I'll throw my "Technological Life" on there since it is a non-parody-and I am technically an Indie Artist.

--There will be NO disqualifications in this contest--instead, missing a vote will simply forfeit your points from that round, since there are at least 5 points earned in any round you participate, you will lose valuable points towards a top 5 finish for the contest.

--Voting will be open to non-participants who do participate in ANY other contest, or have participated in any other contest.  That includes, SOTM, ABC, Decatholon, Ages, POTM, Specialty Contests and Any Other Contest That comes along.  This is again because REAL prizes will be involved and I want this to be fair as possible.

--This contest will go on for multiple years, obviously with 120 rounds it kinda has to not to be cheesy or rushed. . .anyone who is able to successfully enter all 120 rounds will be deserving of a prize in my opinion.

--Get ready, start stretching your brain, this one is for the long haul. 

--I will begin artistry pages tonight as I work on badave.com, they will be hosted there afterall.  I figure I need to do at least 4 a day to be done on time, and 5 a couple days, so my goal will be simply to get 4 or 5 done a day. . .each day I will post the completed artists on the top thread by turning the artists into hyper-links.

*************THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ENTHUSIAISM AND ANTICIPATION OF THIS EVENT*******

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/22/07 at 3:07 pm

Wow. I mean,....WOW. :o

Uh Dave,(raises hand), devil's advocate here...why would I want to go somewhere else to vote (especially if the option is open to not do so)? ???

Written By: Josh2 on 03/22/07 at 4:01 pm

So wait, whats the first artist? and whats the entry date?

Written By: skittlesking on 03/22/07 at 7:52 pm

So wait, whats the first artist? and whats the entry date?

First Entry Date and Artist will be determined at the first starting date, which is April 17th. . .at that point it will be every other Thursday. . .purposely avoiding the deadlines set by other major competitions by at least 6 days. . .the artists will be randomly selected from this list, and that way someone can work on any artist ahead of time to be prepared, or they can wait and try to fit into the two week periods alotted for entries. . .basically giving people a heads up as to who could be next. . .that is unless you guys would like me to do the random before the Artistry actually starts, which is possible, just let me know, if the majority want it to have more of a schedule than being random. . .that's fine with me.

Agi:)
Well, that's the beauty it will be totally optional. . .but it's if you don't want everyone else to see who you are voting for, the other site would be a fillable form that puts data into a database that no one can see until the end of the voting period. . .at which time I will tell it to calculate the totals. . .it can also produce an ongoing list as to who hasn't voted, which using another form that I will fill out will exclude those who voted manually. . .and I may not do that till if people are too uneasy about it instead perhaps testing it on a smaller trial contest that is unrelated to anything . . . but the artistry pages are just there for those who need a little help learning songs that are by a particular artist

Written By: Max Power on 03/22/07 at 8:34 pm

First Entry Date and Artist will be determined at the first starting date, which is April 17th. . .at that point it will be every other Thursday. . .purposely avoiding the deadlines set by other major competitions by at least 6 days. . .the artists will be randomly selected from this list, and that way someone can work on any artist ahead of time to be prepared, or they can wait and try to fit into the two week periods alotted for entries. . .basically giving people a heads up as to who could be next. . .that is unless you guys would like me to do the random before the Artistry actually starts, which is possible, just let me know, if the majority want it to have more of a schedule than being random. . .that's fine with me.

Agi:)
Well, that's the beauty it will be totally optional. . .but it's if you don't want everyone else to see who you are voting for, the other site would be a fillable form that puts data into a database that no one can see until the end of the voting period. . .at which time I will tell it to calculate the totals. . .it can also produce an ongoing list as to who hasn't voted, which using another form that I will fill out will exclude those who voted manually. . .and I may not do that till if people are too uneasy about it instead perhaps testing it on a smaller trial contest that is unrelated to anything . . . but the artistry pages are just there for those who need a little help learning songs that are by a particular artist

Is it okay to enter a song you've already written before that?

Written By: skittlesking on 03/22/07 at 9:11 pm

Is it okay to enter a song you've already written before that?

Absolutely

Written By: skittlesking on 03/22/07 at 11:29 pm

Day 1 of building the Artistry Pages included two of the best selling artists of all time--in fact the top female and male respectively.  I re-arranged those 4 on top the list in alphabetical order. . .

Madonna, Ace of Base, Salt N' Pepa and Michael Jackson all had enough chartting hits not to need to include lesser hits, but that doesn't mean you have to choose from the songs on their respective pages, these are guides for those who may not be familiar with the original aritsts, although at least with these four I don't think that will apply to many people.  Michael Jackson's Thriller is the best selling album of all time, Madonna tops all woman's total sales, and she's released pretty much an album per year since the early 80s.  Salt N Pepa's Let's Talk About Sex redifined the role of women in R&B/Hip-Hop and they followed it up with one of the most successful albums in the history of female hip-hop with Very Necessary and last but not least, Ace of Base is arguably the 2nd most popular group to ever emerge from Sweden next to Abba (who has a round I will get to eventually too) .  Unfortunately, not all the artists are as big as these 4, till tomorrow, Keep the Music Playing. . . Eh Hee!  WOO, Shamona. . .

3% of the Artist Pages are up.

Written By: Matthias on 03/26/07 at 1:05 am

Is it too late to submit artists?
I want Dave to sing like Barry White, so add Barry White!!!

AND
I want to hear Dave sing with an accent, so add Bob Marley!!!

Written By: skittlesking on 03/26/07 at 4:09 pm

Is it too late to submit artists?
I want Dave to sing like Barry White, so add Barry White!!!

AND
I want to hear Dave sing with an accent, so add Bob Marley!!!

LOL, is my voice really that good?  Um, let me think about it because both those artists are certainly Artistry material--the only problem is 120 is a really nice number as it stands and I think everyone has seen the whole list and has ideas flowing, let me figure out the mathematic end of it and see if statistically it affects things too much. . .

Written By: The Charnstar on 03/27/07 at 5:24 am

If I can sing like the BeeGees, you can sing as anything

Written By: Josh2 on 04/05/07 at 6:59 pm

um......who are ace of base?

Written By: skittlesking on 04/05/07 at 7:55 pm

um......who are ace of base?

Ace of Base is a swedish pop band who is best known for their Abba style music. . .Ace of Base has had several international hits, most notabley "The Sign" and "Beautiful Life". . . The Sign album contained 5 number 1 songs and went multi-platinum in several countries.  They are still together today, but their big album was in 1994.

Beautiful Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyly3JtXoy4

The Sign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96jFtzVa80A

Don't Turn Around
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_t7nKyVIBU

Travel to Romantis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CCrNRyK0b0

All That She Wants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjJwqDa1QVI

Living in Danger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvHaYkzTlkw

Cruel Summer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgcTHf3tbtc

Voulez Vous Danser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvApoRrgGng

Never Gonna Say I'm Sorry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoEcUfhTvvE

Happy Nation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qpRUgZRvTM

Lucky Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myIGDXgnlk8

Written By: skittlesking on 04/12/07 at 7:29 pm

http://www.badave.com/artists/artistry/pics/main.jpg
We all love a good tribute, but I'm going to tribute all the artists we love to parody by hosting a new type of contest starting in late March/Early April --no date set yet--picking a random artist for periods of two to three weeks and allowing those who have written parodies of the particular artist chosen to enter the contest.

Check the Artistry Main Page

1. Ace of Base
2. Backstreet Boys
3. Britney Spears
4. Christina Aguilera
5. David Bowie
6. Destiny's Child & Beyonce, Michelle & Kelly
7. Duran Duran
8. Evanescence
9. Indie Artist Round
10. Kool & the Gang
11. Madonna
12. Metallica
13. Michael Jackson
14. N'Sync & Justin Timberlake
15. No Doubt & Gwen Stefani
16. Ozzy Osbourne
17. Pink Floyd
18. Salt N Pepa
19. TLC
20. Van Halen
21. Weird Al Yankovic
22. Led Zeppelin
23. AC/DC
24. Jennifer Lopez

25. The Police
26. Mariah Carey
27. Whitney Houston
28. Garbage
29. Frank Sinatra
30. Pink
31. Bloodhound Gang
32. REM
33. Motown Singles Collection-
34. Elvis Presley
35. Ray Charles
36. The Ramones
37. Janet Jackson
38. Paula Abdul
39. Green Day
40. Alice In Chains
41. Meat Loaf
42. Beach Boys
43. Bon Jovi
44. The Beatles
45. The Rolling Stones
46. Talking Heads
47. Bruce Springsteen
48. Guns N' Roses
49. U2
50. Johnny Cash
51. Eminem
52. The Cranberries
53. Weezer
54. Coldplay
55. Red Hot Chili Peppers
56. Smashing Pumpkins
57. Lifehouse
58. Alanis Morrisette
59. Gilbert And Sullivan
60. Simon and Garfunkel
61. John Denver
62. Bob Dylan
63. Gordon Lightfoot
64. Nirvana
65. Judas Priest
66. Queen
67. Styx
68. Disney Animated Movies
69. Musicals (Broadway or Classic)
70. Cliff Richard
71. Moody Blues
72. Enya
73. Aerosmith
74. King Crimson
75. 3 Dog Night
76. The Who
77. The Kinks
78. Billy Joel
79. Garth Brooks
80. Pantera
81. Faith No More
82. Allman Brothers
83. Boston
84. Willie Nelson
85. ZZ Top
86. Dolly Parton
87. Lynyrd Skynyrd
88. The Eagles
89. Iron Maiden
90. Stevie Wonder
91. Offspring
92. Marilyn Manson
93. Dean Martin
94. Abba
95. Ricky Martin
96. Flogging Molly
97. Limp Bizkit
98. Thin Lizzy
99. Led Zeppelin
100. White Snake
101. Elton John
102. The Cars
103. Creedence Clearwater Revival
104. Devo
105. Billy Idol
106. Kiss
107. Paper Lace
108. Bee Gees
109. Rob Zombie
110. Shania Twain
111. The Skyhooks
112. Stevie Nicks
113. Suzi Quatro
114. Wham & George Michael
115. Boy George & The Culture Club
116. Usher
117. Tears for Fears
118. Jamiroquai
119. Vertical Horizon
120. RuPaul
121. Barry White
122. Bob Marley
123. Robbie Williams

Artistry Will start on the 17th, however instead of trying to complete 123 artists in a very quick time period--I decided I will do THOSE pages as the artists are randomly chosen--instead I'm building the contestant pages and the general Badave.com pages.

Written By: skittlesking on 04/14/07 at 4:37 pm

My 123 song random playlist is NEARLY built. . .96 of the 123 artists have been added.  I had large portions of them, and I have been able to find some of the others. . .27 potential ones may be done, that'd be all of them. . .also I've noticed just how rare or difficult some of these artists are going to be.  . .Paper Lance for example (one of the 27 I'm having trouble with) I've only been able to find one possible song!!!  That's not going to be much of a round if that's what it ends up being, and it's not the only one. . .I'm adding 17 secret rounds containing super star artists who have more big hits to choose from to offset some of these smaller rounds, but all 123 artists will be kept. . .

Here is a complete list of the ones I'm working on still

Lifehouse (found 4-14 at 11:08PM)
Jimmy Buffet (found 4-14 at 11:59PM)
Simon & Garfunkel (found 4-14 at 11:11PM)
John Denver (found 4-15 at 1:33AM)
Gordon Lightfoot (found 4-15 at 12:27AM)
Judas Priest (found 4-14 at 11:39PM)
Cliff Richard (found 4-14 at 6:27PM)
Moody Blues (found 4-14 at 9:14PM)
Billy Joel (found 4-15 at 12:34AM)
Allman Brothers (found 4-15 at 12:38AM)
Boston (found 4-14 at 8:24PM)
Willie Nelson (found 4-15 at 12:54AM)
ZZ Top (found 4-14 at 11:58PM)
Lynard Skynard (found 4-15 at 12:40AM)
Iron Maiden (found 4-16 at 12:42AM)
Stevie Wonder (found 4-14 at 10:07PM)
Dean Martin (found 4-14 at 8:34PM)
Whitesnake (found 4-15 at 12:48AM)
Creedence Clearwater Revival (found 4-14 at 11:07PM)
Billy Idol (found 4-14 at 10:05PM)
Kiss (found 4-14 at 8:26PM)
Paper Lace (found 4-15 at 4:57PM)
Bee Gees (found 4-14 at 5:38PM)
Shania Twain (found 4-14 at 9:36PM)
Skyhooks (found 4-15 at 3:59PM)
Stevie Nicks (found 4-15 at 1:07AM)
Suzi Quatro (found 4-15 at 4:54PM)

All 123 artists found as of 4-15 at 4:56 PM

Written By: skittlesking on 04/14/07 at 4:39 pm

My 123 song random playlist is NEARLY built. . .96 of the 123 artists have been added.  I had large portions of them, and I have been able to find some of the others. . .27 potential ones may be done, that'd be all of them. . .also I've noticed just how rare or difficult some of these artists are going to be.  . .Paper Lance for example (one of the 27 I'm having trouble with) I've only been able to find one possible song!!!  That's not going to be much of a round if that's what it ends up being, and it's not the only one. . .I'm adding 17 secret rounds containing super star artists who have more big hits to choose from to offset some of these smaller rounds, but all 123 artists will be kept. . .

Here is a complete list of the ones I'm working on still

Lifehouse
Gilbert & Sullivan
Simon & Garfunkel
John Denver
Gordon Lightfoot
Judas Priest
Cliff Richard
Moody Blues
Billy Joel
Allman Brothers
Boston
Willie Nelson
ZZ Top
Lynard Skynard
Iron Maiden
Stevie Wonder
Dean Martin
Whitesnake
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Billy Idol
Kiss
Paper Lace
Bee Gees
Shania Twain
Skyhooks
Stevie Nicks
Suzi Quatro

Cross Bee Gees off that list for my first update: 5:38 which leaves 26 artists I'm looking for. . .

Written By: skittlesking on 04/14/07 at 7:27 pm

Kiss and Boston made it 100 of the 123 artists. . .still working on it. . .23 to go

Check for new replies or respond here...