inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: February POTM Results Posted

Written By: skittlesking on 04/01/07 at 7:24 pm

http://www.badave.com/potm/001main.jpg

The Winners of the First Every POTM ARE!!!!!!!!

1. Rick Cormier "We're You Doin' Some Floozy Neighbor" (24)
2. Kristof Robertson "Hookers at My Front Door" (16) (Holds Tie Breaker, 1-1st, 2-2nd)
3. Phil Alexander "Mend My PC" (16) (1-1st, 1-2nd)

4. Below Average Dave "Weenie on a Hot Bun" (15)
5. Jeff Reuben "A Bar Maid Fight" (10)
6. Matthias featuring Below Average Dave "Mime of Your Life" (9)

7. Josh2 "Threw Up in the Car (Forfeit-no vote)

Subject: Re: February POTM Results Posted

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 04/02/07 at 7:03 pm

Congrats to Rickster: as I said earlier, if he decides to enter every month, it'll probably always be a contest for second place. Well done to Mr Alexander, the sage and sometimes sane parody master.
Well done also to all who entered. And finally, a HUGE round of applause to Dave, who masterminded this whole thing. Dave, you are a good man. While POTM will probably never be as big as SOTM (it's much easier to write a parody than record it), IMHO it could end up being just as important.
Bravo, dude: BRAVO!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 04/03/07 at 9:05 am

Congrats to Rickster: as I said earlier, if he decides to enter every month, it'll probably always be a contest for second place. Well done to Mr Alexander, the sage and sometimes sane parody master.
Well done also to all who entered. And finally, a HUGE round of applause to Dave, who masterminded this whole thing. Dave, you are a good man. While POTM will probably never be as big as SOTM (it's much easier to write a parody than record it), IMHO it could end up being just as important.
Bravo, dude: BRAVO!

Thanks for the votes and comments. In response to Kristof's comment, I will not be entering every month. Unlike BAD (good guy BAD name), I couldn't possibly record a new song every month. I don't have the time to write a parody a month any more, let alone record them. I still love to listen to them though so, bring 'em on.  :) :) :)

Written By: philbo on 04/03/07 at 9:21 am

:D

Thanks everyone.  Congrats, Rick & Kristof.  ("Sometimes sane", Kristof?  You sure about that?)

I'm with Rick, in that it's extremely unlikely I'll be able to manage one parody recording a month... though I do have a goodie for March.

I hope the profile of this competition does rise - though I can see that if it gets as big as the SOTM, it's going to be very hard to find the time... I'll end up having to burn a POTM CD and stick it in the car ;)

Written By: jreuben on 04/07/07 at 7:00 am

Congratulations to Rick, Kristof and Phil, and thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions for my recordings, it was greatly appreciated!

Check for new replies or respond here...