inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry is Coming-it starts in 24 Hours!

Written By: skittlesking on 04/16/07 at 12:12 am

Today, is the last day, before the artistry competition begins. . .

Tomorrow, the largest single competition in the history of AmIRight will begin. . .featuring 140 rounds of artists from every decade from 1950 to today, every genre, every style, and tastes of parodists who wanted their favorite artists represented. . .Pages will be continuously built as the date of the first voting nears. . .You can already see some of the statistics that will be maintained and how they will appear at the official pages of the Artistry Competition. . .

http://www.badave.com/artists/artistry

This competition will also do many things that no other competition in the history of AmIRight, or parody to my knowledge, has done.  I will be honest. . .now having heard music by all 123 nominated artists, and the 17 secret artists, I will say that you guys have some wide tastes in music :)  This one however will be a very tough competition. . .and I hope that you all take a chance and get involved.  Awards will be made for participation, point accomplishment, and other achievements throughout the comp, the awards will be printabel awards presented officially on this board and badave.com.  . .T-Shirts, and other merchandise, is being designed for you, proceeds will go towards buying prizes for the awards which right now one award has been officially announced.  One thing the winner of this competition will deffinitely get (unless it's me) is a CD collection containing the 140 songs representing the song parodied in the winning parody of each round (except maybe the indie round depending on the feelings of the parodied artist). . .

I have to be honest, this competition will BE VERY TOUGH!  Some of the artists we are all familiar with like Madonna, Ozzy Osbourne and Michael Jackson. . .some are not as well known like Suzi Quatro, The Skyhooks and Paper Lace. . .but they have all earned their spot among the 140 artists we will tribute in this contest among contests. . .

Expect changes. . .just a reminder on some of the most noticeable. . .

1. Participation Points!  If you enter a round AND vote, you WILL GET AT LEAST 5 points!  That may not sound like a big deal, but what it means is over the 140 rounds, if you are able to enter 100 rounds--you'll get 500 points just by participating!  It will mean that those who make an effort to vote in time in each round will be rewarded.

2. Voting Points!  If you vote and you weren't in a paritcular round, you will get 3 points towards your overall point standings for voting in a round that you were unable to enter.

3. NO Disqualifications!  If you do forget to vote, you already will have lost at least 5 points in that round and any points awarded to you, plus you will have a 20 point penalty in the following round, because of this, I felt that to encourage people not to drop out--I would not have a DQ rule in this competition

4. Printable Awards and Actual Prizes!  Awards will be issued in each and every round of this competition that can be printed, framed and kept as memories of your biggest accomplishments, the pages being built for this comp will be kept and an actual Hall of Fame is being created for the Artistry Comps.  As long as badave survives, so will these pages.

5. Option Secret Ballots!  Many people think that the voting in these competitions are altered by the fact that we can see each others votes. . .well, some don't-some do. . .The truth is, it's inevitable that someone will feel that way wether it is meant or not and unfortunately, some will vote according to how others are voting.  The secret ballots will offer everyone a second option, while those who don't want to vote secretly don't have to. . .

6. Statistic Tracking!  Statistics, recaps and Parographies will be kept for each participating parodist!

7. News Tracker! That's right, I will be writing up news stories for each round at their conclusions recapping them for all time, they will be submitted to AmIRight News and Badave.com News (when it is up and running that is)

8. Every Point Counts!  In this comp, no round will be cut from your score, like the Ages hosted by friend Matthias, your cumulative score will be based on all 140 rounds which means again that voting in rounds that you are unable to come up with something with will be crucial to be competitive (I don't honestly expect anyone to enter all 140 rounds, there are just too many artists, I myself don't think I will be able to hit all of them, but we'll see.)

9. Assistance pages and information!  To help you on your journey in the ultimate parody competition, you will be provided by me links to VH1, Yahoo Music AND YouTube's of each artist as they come up. . .I will also link to their wiki and provide pics.

10. Certification! Their will be Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze certification in each round for songs achieving certain point levels (50, 40, 30, 20 and 10 respectively)  They will also be issued for overall achievements in points as a parodist (and personal Hall of Fame pages built for artists making it to levels of Gold or higher)

Are you Ready for Artistry?  Who will be first?  Will it be Suzi Quatro?  Will it be Britney Spears?  Perhaps the Iron Maiden?  It all starts in less than 24 hours. . .hee hee hee

Subject: Re: Artistry is Coming-it starts in 24 Hours!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 04/16/07 at 5:24 am

Dave...you may just be the craziest guy I know. And you're up against some pretty tough competition! Including myself!

I'll try and enter as many of these as I can.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/16/07 at 7:38 am

In the dictionary, look up the term "ambitious"---you will find an illustration of Below Average Dave.

Sir, either you are insane or suicidal.

I must be the same, because I am going to follow you every step of the way.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 04/16/07 at 10:39 am

Dave...you may just be the craziest guy I know. And you're up against some pretty tough competition! Including myself!

I'll try and enter as many of these as I can.

I think bobpie got this wrong... there is no "may just be"; you ARE the craziest guy I know. 140 rounds? I can't imagine a freakin' Madonna World Tour would require this much organisation

I tip my hat off to you sir. But I will NOT be visiting you in your padded cell in a year's time. I MAY, however, enter a few of these little rounds myself (did I hear someone say prizes?)

p.s.: have you let Chucky know that your comp may well crash this site?  :D

Written By: skittlesking on 04/16/07 at 10:02 pm

Thank you all for your interest and enthusiasm. . .the first 'artist' has been drawn. . .and it was a huge surprise as I wasn't expecting this particular round to happen soon. . .but it's a round I think everyone is going to love. . .I can't imagine someone not getting into it!  59 Minutes To GO!!!!!!!!!

Written By: EthanM on 04/28/07 at 8:43 pm

I just found this and am confused. Is it going to happen?

Written By: skittlesking on 04/28/07 at 9:48 pm

I just found this and am confused. Is it going to happen?

Ethan. . .

IT ALREADY IS!!! 

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=26343.0

You aren't too late for Round 1: Disney, Animation and Cartoons

Check for new replies or respond here...