inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: March SOTM Results

Written By: skittlesking on 05/01/07 at 8:20 pm

1st:  88 Lines About 44 Cartoon Females by Chris Frederick (51 Points)

2nd  88 Lines About 44 Strange Dates by Kristof Robertson (50 Points)

3rd My Family's Strange by wannabemustangjockey (31 Points)
********************************************************************************

4th. Lisa Went Down to Walmart by Wolverine with 23 Points

5th That Heck Of A Feminist, Cheryl by Stuart McArthur with 22 Points

6th Good Morning Starbucks by Johnny D with 20 Points

7th How Much I Owe in Taxes by Tim Mayfield with 11 Points

7th Wife's Secret Tale by Below Average Dave with 11 Points

7th Careless Charnstar by Charnstar with 11 Points

10th You Made Stew Into a Bomb by Matthias with 10 Points

11th Slay the Dragon by Agimorfee with 7 Points

11th Hedge Trimmers by Mikey Squirrel with 7 Points

13th Maniac II by Max Power with 2 Points

13th Meet Spanky Noodle by Yoidy with 2 Points

15th Stuck Outside of Memphis in a Mobile Home with Sli by Michael McVey with 1 point

15th You Suck at Every Sport by Jack Wilson with 1 Point

17th  Learn A-La-Carte (Its Culinary Art) by Jason with Honorable Mention

17th Decepticon Idiot 01: Decepticon Idiot by Conqueror of Parodies with Honorable Mention

DQ The Nutritionist's Song by Phil Alexander with 25 forfeited Points

Get Better Phil. good luck buddy

Congrats to newcomer Chris Frederick, King of the Hill Kristof Robertson and the mustang jockey who is far from a wannabe on their top 3 finishes, also congrats to Wolverine on his newcomer debut of 4th. . .and Johnny D and Stu who also were close--oh yeah and everyone on a good month. . .

Subject: Re: March SOTM Results

Written By: Wolverine on 05/01/07 at 9:00 pm

Thanks Dave, and everyone for their votes.  Congrats to Chris, Kristof, and WBMJ.

Written By: Matthias on 05/01/07 at 9:42 pm

Intresting collection this round.
Great job Chris the Cartoon Dater, Kristof the Celeberity Dater, and Wannabemustangjockey's whole freaky family!!!!!

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/01/07 at 10:00 pm

1st:  88 Lines About 44 Cartoon Females by Chris Frederick (51 Points)

2nd  88 Lines About 44 Strange Dates by Kristof Robertson (48 Points)

3rd My Family's Strange by wannabemustangjockey (32 Points)
********************************************************************************

4th. Lisa Went Down to Walmart by Wolverine with 21 Points

5th Good Morning Starbucks by Johnny D with 20 Points

6th That Heck Of A Feminist, Cheryl by Stuart McArthur with 19 Points

7th How Much I Owe in Taxes by Tim Mayfield with 15 Points

8th Wife's Secret Tale by Below Average Dave with 11 Points

8th Careless Charnstar by Charnstar with 11 Points

10th You Made Stew Into a Bomb by Matthias with 10 Points

11th Slay the Dragon by Agimorfee with 7 Points

12th Hedge Trimmers by Mikey Squirrel with 6 Points

13th Maniac II by Max Power with 2 Points

13th Meet Spanky Noodle by Yoidy with 2 Points

15th Stuck Outside of Memphis in a Mobile Home with Sli by Michael McVey with 1 point

15th You Suck at Every Sport by Jack Wilson with 1 Point

17th  Learn A-La-Carte (Its Culinary Art) by Jason with Honorable Mention

17th Decepticon Idiot 01: Decepticon Idiot by Conqueror of Parodies with Honorable Mention

DQ The Nutritionist's Song by Phil Alexander with 25 forfeited Points

Get Better Phil. good luck buddy

Congrats to newcomer Chris Frederick, King of the Hill Kristof Robertson and the mustang jockey who is far from a wannabe on their top 3 finishes, also congrats to Wolverine on his newcomer debut of 4th. . .and Johnny D and Stu who also were close--oh yeah and everyone on a good month. . .

Congratulations to Chris and Kristof and wannabemustangjockey!

And thanks to everyone who joined in the parody-roast of Starbucks!    ;D

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 05/01/07 at 10:03 pm

Congrats to Chris, Kristof, and WBMJ. Tough competition this month, but everyone did a great job.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 05/01/07 at 10:48 pm

Firstly, thanks for taking this on, Dave, but it appears that there are some mistakes with the scores.

Firstly your votes add up to 282, when they should add up to 285.

I put the results through my spreadsheet and got the following discrepancies

Kristof should be 50 not 48
wannabe should be 31 not 32
Tim should be 11 not 15
Mikey Squirrel should be 7 not 6
wolverine should be 23 not 21
Stu should be 22 not 19

You were only 3 total points out so you included everyone's votes, buty I'm tipping you may have had a few 54321s as 12345s, because some people order them big to small, and others small to big
not sure where the 3 points got lost though

It doesn't change the top 3 which is good, but the totals are important for PAOTY.

Does anyone esle want to check my figures?

Written By: Red Ant on 05/01/07 at 11:23 pm

Stu, I checked the results and arrived at exactly the same numbers as you. Congratulations to Chris, Kristof and Jay!

Written By: K1chyd on 05/02/07 at 3:31 am

Big congrats to a new first time winner, in one of the hardest rounds ever! And to Kristof and Jay and everyone else who keeps drawing me back to this place month after month!  :) :) :)

Written By: philbo on 05/02/07 at 5:59 am

Congratulations, Chris - a marvellous showing in your first SOTM :D  Usual plaudits to WMBJ; commiserations to Kristof - better luck next time, eh?

Looking at the top two, what makes me think there may be a flood of "88 lines about 44 xxxx" parodies next month?

Wannabemustangjockey'll do "88 lines about 44 cars"
JD'll do "88 lines about 44 perversions", which'll end up having to be posted on whatfreaks
I'll end up with "88 lines of 44 class A pharmaceuticals", which'll leave me in rehab

Written By: skittlesking on 05/02/07 at 7:13 am

Firstly, thanks for taking this on, Dave, but it appears that there are some mistakes with the scores.

Firstly your votes add up to 282, when they should add up to 285.

I put the results through my spreadsheet and got the following discrepancies

Kristof should be 50 not 48
wannabe should be 31 not 32
Tim should be 11 not 15
Mikey Squirrel should be 7 not 6
wolverine should be 23 not 21
Stu should be 22 not 19

You were only 3 total points out so you included everyone's votes, buty I'm tipping you may have had a few 54321s as 12345s, because some people order them big to small, and others small to big
not sure where the 3 points got lost though

It doesn't change the top 3 which is good, but the totals are important for PAOTY.

Does anyone esle want to check my figures?

corrected, you know what's funny about that?  Matthias and I both came up with the same results. . .that's scary, we must have gotten it off at the same parts. . .anyhow, learner's curve is quick, getting used to the two different voting styles etc, hope no ones to mad at me  :-[

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 05/02/07 at 8:36 am

Congrats to Chris: a worthy winner of the Battle of 88!! You got my 5 points and boy did you deserve them. What a great way to start your SOTM "career"!

Congrats also to Jockey Jay: the recipient of my 4 points (gee, I'm good at this voting lark!)...loved your piece: keep 'em coming!

commiserations to Kristof - better luck next time, eh?

Commiserations? No chance, mate! The best man won, IMHO. But geez, I sure gave him a run for his money.... ;)

Great month, everyone: see you all in April (is it just me, or is it kind of weird saying that in May?)

Written By: Jason on 05/02/07 at 11:18 am

Wow! I came rock bottom! I didn't think my parody was that bad! Also well done to everyone and a special congratulations to the winners of this month's SOTM contest.

Jason

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/02/07 at 11:23 am

Hoo boy, another close race! 8)

Thanks for 11th Place, kids!  :)

Dave, thanks for putting it out there for running the contest. With first-timer bugs in your system, you still did a better job than I would have. Save your energies for Artistry, big guy!

Written By: Cat on 05/02/07 at 3:36 pm

Congrats to Chris: a worthy winner of the Battle of 88!! You got my 5 points and boy did you deserve them. What a great way to start your SOTM "career"!

Um, this isn't Chris' first SOTM.

IIRC he entered in December 2005 with a song called "He's Always A Muppet." That was the month before my first SOTM in January 2006, so in order to get a gist of the setup, I was monitoring that round like a monitor lizard.

But still. 1st place in your second SOTM is absolutely stellar. ;D

Written By: ChrisF on 05/02/07 at 6:16 pm

Um, this isn't Chris' first SOTM.

IIRC he entered in December 2005 with a song called "He's Always A Muppet." That was the month before my first SOTM in January 2006, so in order to get a gist of the setup, I was monitoring that round like a monitor lizard.

True enough, Cat.  I didn't correct the posts on the entry or voting threads that called me a rookie, because I still feel like a noob at this, second contest or not.  Just for fun, I looked back at the old December 2005 voting thread (which doubled as the results thread back then), and noticed the following parallels to this month:

1.  I was on a business trip, and almost voted too late (after midnight, in fact, which would have been a DQ under the current rules.)
2.  Kristof got my first-place vote.
3.  The song that won the month was a parody of (what else?) 88 Lines About 44 Women - by Spaff.com in that case.

Anyway, thanks for the votes, folks, and good luck to everyone in the April contest.  I'll be sitting it out, but hope to enter something for May.

- Chris

Written By: The Charnstar on 05/03/07 at 2:19 pm

I'm really not surprised at the outcome, great month, and I loved it... Also, Spider-Man 3 rules... just so you all know

Written By: wannabemustangjock on 05/06/07 at 5:46 am

A little late but thank you to everyone who voted for my parody.  ;D

Now, on to next month's SOTM!

Check for new replies or respond here...