inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: April POTM Results Posted

Written By: skittlesking on 05/08/07 at 9:36 pm

Welcome to the Performance of the Month AmIRight contest! Good luck to all contestants. . .this contest is open voting for all SOTM, POTM, and ABC current and past participants wether or not they have entered this contest.  The rules are fairly simple and mostly similar to other contests.  The difference, this contest is played with your ears instead of your eyes!

1. All voting will end promtly at the very end of the month.
2. All contestants currently in the POTM need to comment and vote on all contestants by that time
3. Failure to vote by the deadline will result in forfeit of your points
4. Failure to vote will result in a penalty of 20 points to be applied to the following month's contest (no DQs)
5. Once You've Voted, You can not change your vote UNLESS your vote was invalid
6.  In the event of a tie, procedures mentioned in the entry thread will be followed up to 10th place
7.  You can't vote for your own song
8. You can't vote for another song more than once in the same contest
9. This round has 4 entrants, so you get to vote for your TOP 3 (3 points for 1st, 2 for 2nd etc)
10. HAVE FUN

(to make things easier, all songs are also linked directly to the recording underneath the entrant since sometimes the scripts don't load direct links correctly)

Roll the Drums. . . THE ENTRANTS ARE

1. Nothin' Sells Like the Holy Spirit by Kristof Robertson
   Performance

2. I'll Drink the Slim Fast by Below Average Dave
   Performance

3. We Didn't Start the Star Wars by Mikey Squirrel
    Performance

4. The Splitting of the Fellowship by Phil Alexander
    Performance

Subject: Re: April POTM Voting Thread

Written By: Matthias on 05/08/07 at 9:43 pm

Even though I don't have a recording this month, I'll try to vote anyways

Written By: philbo on 05/17/07 at 6:50 am

1st place - 3 points to Mikey's Star Wars epic.  I thought it was brilliantly spliced together, some very witty bits & choice of clips.

2nd place - 2 points to Kristof's Holy Spirit.

3rd place - 1 point to Dave's dieting ditty.

Written By: skittlesking on 05/21/07 at 11:37 am

This month was easy, but hard in that, all three were terrific - -so it's going to look like I'm ungrateful to 2nd and 3rd ;)

1st, 3 points to Mikey Squirrel

2nd, 2 Points to Kristof Robertson

3rd, 1 Point to Phil Alexander. . .

GREAT MONTH DESPITE THE SMALL FIELD

Written By: skittlesking on 05/30/07 at 2:46 pm

ATTENTION KRISTOF AND MIKEY SQUIRREL--POTM IS ALMOST DONE!!

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 05/30/07 at 11:02 pm

Well, I got admit I had fun with my first POTM. All great performances! Here's my votes...

3 pts- Phil's Lord Of The Rings operetta
2 pts- Kristof's grunge evangelism
1 pt - Dave's diet drink

Thanks for your votes, guys. You realize now I'll be doing more recordings (You have been warned!) ;)

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/31/07 at 12:02 am

Since I did not enter this month's POTM contest, I'm voting for all 4 on a 4-3-2-1 point scale. 

However, if the consensus is that I must adhere to the 3-2-1 point scale, simply subtract 1 from each of my votes:

4 points for #3. We Didn't Start the Star Wars by Mikey Squirrel
3 points for #4. The Splitting of the Fellowship by Phil Alexander
2 points for #1. Nothin' Sells Like the Holy Spirit by Kristof Robertson
1 point for #2. I'll Drink the Slim Fast by Below Average Dave

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 05/31/07 at 2:02 pm

It's actually harder to vote when there's such a small field.....

3 pts: Phil- operetta for LOTR fanboys....yeah!

2 pts: Dave- Reggae for fatties...cool!

1 pt: Mikey- Great visuals, singing, music...but unfortunately the parody itself didn't work for me. However,  if you ever want to do a video of one of my songs, I'd be absolutely chuffed!

Written By: skittlesking on 06/01/07 at 3:15 pm

The Results are in . . ..

1st Mikey Squirrel (11 Points)

2nd Phil Alexander (10 Points)

3rd Kristof Robertson (8 Points)

4th Below Average Dave (5 Points)

ATTENTION:  Can somebody please take over POTM for me for a little while, Artistry may be placed on hold too.  . .I have an extreme personal situation right now that is really interfering with my ability to be funny, judge comedy or be involved in contests. . .and it may be awhile before I get a hold on it again. . .I will stay around, but at least at the moment . . .I would like to ask someone to help me out with respect to making sure the POTM doesn't disappear while I re-group. . .

I am not at this point ready to conversate in general what is going on except that I'm not in the mood to try and be funny right now, and that it may take a little while to get that feeling back, thank you in advance for your understanding, and congrats to Mikey, Phil and Kristof.

Subject: Re: April POTM Results Posted

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 06/01/07 at 3:36 pm

I'm happy taking over POTM until you feel OK again, Dave. I hope that whatever you're going through at the moment resolves itself as quickly as possible, dude. Let's face it, without you around to organise things, the place is likely to fall apart.  ;)

take care of yourself

Congrats to Mikey and Phil!

Written By: skittlesking on 06/01/07 at 3:40 pm

I'm happy taking over POTM until you feel OK again, Dave. I hope that whatever you're going through at the moment resolves itself as quickly as possible, dude. Let's face it, without you around to organise things, the place is likely to fall apart.  ;)

take care of yourself

Congrats to Mikey and Phil!

Thank you Kristof. . .and I'll try. . .I promise

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 06/01/07 at 5:27 pm

Yes! Not bad for my first time in POTM! ;D
Thanks for all the votes and comments and congrats to Phil, Kristof and BADave.
Dave- I hope things work out OK for you and that we'll see ya soon!

Written By: philbo on 06/04/07 at 1:13 am

Dave - best of luck, buddy - I know exactly what you mean by "interfering with..."  Hopefully things'll change sooner rather than later.

Mikey - congrats and all that.  A well-deserved win for a wonderful mélange of Star Warsery.  Well done too to K & BAD.

Check for new replies or respond here...