inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: May SOTM results

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/02/07 at 12:54 am

Results for the May SOTM are:

1st place with 51 points:    "Totally Dissed Noah's Ark" by Stuart McArthur

2nd place with 39 points:  "Hardrockhiphoppunkyfunkyemotechnodiscocountry" by Kristof Robertson

3rd place with 32 points:    "Free Tits" by Phil Alexander

Chris F.............................23
Matthias...........................18
Agrimorfee.......................15
wannabemustangjockey.....12
Below Average Dave..........11
McKludge..........................8
conqueror_of_parodies........6
Peter Andersson.................5
Jack Wilson........................2
The Charnstar....................1
Chris Bodily TM...................1
Jason................................1

hon mention....Max Power

2 disqualifications:  Mike McVey, Chris Fredericks - chin up guys ;)

congratulations to my fellow old-timers Kristof and Phil, and thanks for my votes everyone :) - and I'll thank everyone properly when I've had more time to think about it - until then, :D :D

Subject: Re: May SOTM results

Written By: K1chyd on 07/02/07 at 3:17 am

I'm starting to understand that old police saying about "the usual suspects" :P

Medalistic congratulations to Stu, Kristof and Phil.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 07/02/07 at 4:06 am

Now where did I put that PAOTY trophy?  ;)

Congrats, amigo (that's YOU, Stu) for yet another display of utterly brilliant parodizing....you've certainly hit a huge purple patch at the mo. The competitive bass turd in me is already pulling his socks up... :D

Big congrats as well to Mr Alexander....for services to the cause of mammary appreciation. Keep 'em coming, mate!

Well done to everyone else who competed. See you in July for June!

Written By: philbo on 07/02/07 at 5:10 am

:D

Well done, Stu, on kicking Mr Robertson's butt this month ;) 

I'd offer congrats to K, too (isn't that a mountain?), but his ego's big enough already.

Big congrats as well to Mr Alexander....for services to the cause of mammary appreciation. Keep 'em coming, mate!

Odd that the songs of mine that seem to do best are (let's be "up-front" about this, shall we) the slightly pervy ones.  Personally, I think that says more about the predilections of the voting public... but if you really want me to keep 'em coming (so to speak), check today's releases...

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 07/02/07 at 5:29 am

:D

Well done, Stu, on kicking Mr Robertson's butt this month ;) 

I'd offer congrats to K, too (isn't that a mountain?), but his ego's big enough already.

Odd that the songs of mine that seem to do best are (let's be "up-front" about this, shall we) the slightly pervy ones.  Personally, I think that says more about the predilections of the voting public... but if you really want me to keep 'em coming (so to speak), check today's releases...

Ego? MOI? (Gets out little black book of mates....A...Al...Alexander.... *cross, cross, tippex*...done!  ;))

Seriously, Stu's kicking everybody's butt at the moment...it looks like another year for Downunder success. YIPPEE!

Can't wait to see what your smutty mind came up with for today, Phil.

Written By: philbo on 07/02/07 at 6:41 am

Just noticed your sig line - "The Boy from Wagga Wagga" - surely you should do a "Girl from Ipanema" signature parody?

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/02/07 at 7:25 am

I'm starting to understand that old police saying about "the usual suspects" :P

I dunno, Peter - remember the first ten months last year we had ten different SOTM winners, and Chris Frederick since then

Seriously, Stu's kicking everybody's butt at the moment...

an expression containing the word "fleeting" can't help but enter my brain at this moment, KR

anyway, I have Cat to thank here for starting up the Challenge thread - because both my last two SOTM wins have come out of challenges from Matthias last month and Cat this month - which doesn't say much for my ability to stimulate myself.

and I know it's cliche to say this but I thought this month would be a race between Phil, Chris F. and Kristof (my top 3 choices and hard to split imo) so I'm very honoured to have tipped them out. 

But at risk of repeating myself, this was about the most enjoyable time I've had writing a parody.  Just the idea of an average dumb-ass Ben Stiller-type dude set against Noah's Ark and the Holy Flood kept making me laugh.  And the fact that the OS has all this thunder-and-lightning-style background effects was just a gift from the man Himself, as was the golden moment when I hit on the twin subs "dissed Noah's ark" and "pissed off a shark." Doncha love it when that happens :D

I have been told though that my elaborate "over-imaginative set-up" style of humour isn't always funny for others, so I was ready for it to bomb and I'm rapt that it didn't.

Big congrats to the man, Kristof (re-read all the comments on his parody to see how much awe he's held in around here) and the always clever, the always hilarious, Mr PHIL ALEXANDER ladies and gentlemen (I loved the way you bagged the OS as you were parodying it Phil) - and close but bad luck to Chris for his witty and insightful satire, and gee Matthias you're on the up mate. :)

Written By: K1chyd on 07/02/07 at 9:20 am

I dunno, Peter - remember the first ten months last year we had ten different SOTM winners, and Chris Frederick since then.

True! :)

To my "defense" I'll clarify that I was refering to the whole trio of medalists though. ;)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 07/02/07 at 10:26 am

- which doesn't say much for my ability to stimulate myself.

ewwwwwwww!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/images/mind/disgust/morescience_disgust/expression.jpg

Jeez, Stu....there might be kids reading this.....
:D :D :D

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/02/07 at 10:35 am

Results for the May SOTM are:

1st place with 51 points:    "Totally Dissed Noah's Ark" by Stuart McArthur

2nd place with 39 points:   "Hardrockhiphoppunkyfunkyemotechnodiscocountry" by Kristof Robertson

3rd place with 32 points:    "Free Tits" by Phil Alexander

Chris F.............................23
Matthias...........................18
Agrimorfee.......................15
wannabemustangjockey.....12
Below Average Dave..........11
McKludge..........................8
conqueror_of_parodies........6
Peter Andersson.................5
Jack Wilson........................2
The Charnstar....................1
Chris Bodily TM...................1
Jason................................1

hon mention....Max Power

2 disqualifications:  Mike McVey, Chris Fredericks - chin up guys ;)

congratulations to my fellow old-timers Kristof and Phil, and thanks for my votes everyone :) - and I'll thank everyone properly when I've had more time to think about it - until then, :D :D

Congratulations to Stuart & Kristof & Philbo!  ;D

Written By: Matthias on 07/02/07 at 10:39 am

4th Place? Nice... I think that's the best I ever scored in SOTM

Oh, and congrats to Stuart, Kristof, and Phil

Written By: Cat on 07/02/07 at 1:01 pm

First of all, congrats to Stu, Kris and Phil!! ;D

Second of all, Stu, there's actually a little backstory behind my request. You see, on another forum I go to one of my friends had posted the video for "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" just for laughs. But when I watched it, I finally realized that I do have "the parodist's curse" that Kris has been talking about...since the song and video are just so over-the-top, I thought it was begging to be parodied. But then I thought, "Man, there's no way I could do this justice...why don't I ask Stu? He'd be perfect for it!"

So the pleasure was all mine, really. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...